• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD BorN (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Indeed one of the only shows that could get away with this, and also the serious matter of spoiler[which nipple to press] was very fitting. I am glad we did not have to go through some sort of spoiler[Koneko retrieval Arc]. And I enjoyed all these new characters, was pretty easy to guess that one guy would spoiler[be called Loki].
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
MysticMew wrote:
Of course, and now it's licensed and on Funi (right?) and it's... guess, what... yep, CENSORED. Highschool DxD CENSORED. I give up. I wait until I can find/see an uncensored version because Highschool DxD CENSORED is a worse sacrilege than whatever Testament did.

I pretty much have the same words for this as I had in my final review of Testament. Censoring a show that relies heavily on ecchiness is like cutting out the action scenes in an action series. Would someone watch such a series?

And it is one of the few things I actually anticipated this season, too, but no... not like this.

Put your money where your mouth is and buy the discs when they come out. Those won't be censored. The first 2 sets weren't; I don't see why the 3rd would be.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
It's situations like these where I feel zero guilt for downloading fansubs. If official sources aren't going to give it to us the way it was meant to be seen then it's their own fault we have to resort to piracy.

That said, they'll still get my money when I by their blu rays. But that'll be like 2 years from now.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Western licensees should demand uncensored versions from the production committees, since technically it meant for all regions but Japan. But that'll never happen, and Japan will preempt by saying piracy would hurt disc sales, same thing that supposedly killed hentai licensing.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I also really doubt Funi cares. I mean, I can say "I'm going to download fansubs," but they've already got my money for the subscription. It costs them the ad revenue from the people who wait a week, and the subscription revenue from the people who would subscribe specifically for this particular show. I don't know if that's a whole lot.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

So we get spoiler[Rossweisse in her armor this time. I think she looks good here in terms of character design/style.]

It looks like we get more spoiler[Loki trouble as well. Does this guy ever not cause some chaos? The action was pretty decent though imo with a variety of attacks displayed this episode. Not going to lie though, Loki's powers does impress me quite a bit.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Cat for Koneko] is great. Actually there were some pretty cool moments like spoiler[Akane's half fallen angel form], and spoiler[Irina's angel form].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Meh, this episode skipped some stuff but I still liked the drama content of it. In particular, spoiler[we have Akeno and Issei which imo makes a fun duo to watch; she has quite a past though and her father.]...

Got mixed feelings on spoiler[Fenrir as well this episode. I liked how the episode captured Akeno's emotions though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
The tutoring spoiler[scene went all wrong. There was a lack of stockings and glasses.] I'm disappointed. Other than that, I really liked this episode. It's good on the plot development and there was quite a fair amount of PLOT as well.

I do have a question that involves minor spoilers from the LN regarding a scene in this episode. During the scene where Akeno spoiler[is about to seduce Issei, a sudden voice appears.] My question is [minor LN SPOILER question here]spoiler[did they hint at issei's power to speak to breasts here? I had heard he gained this power sometime but I forgot the exact time he obtained it.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I just loved this episode so much. Akeno and Issei being my favourite two characters, it was great for it to be devoted about spoiler[them and their "relationship"]. Also seeing spoiler[Akeno] in her normal clothes pretty much gave me a heart attack from the utter cuteness.

I just wanted to help console her too after learning of her spoiler[terrible past] and give her a big hug. But once again spoiler[Issei and his power over breasts helped with the problem. Akeno and Barkiel relationship also seems to now be on the up.]

Episode 1 (English Dub)

With the numerous VA changes I thought I'd check out the dub and managed to find it in it's uncensored glory. I have to admit that Josh was fantastic as Issei, even if I do prefer Scott overall.
Kelly as Akeno completely threw me at first. Her voice is "too cute" if that makes any sense. Teri had Akeno right with the sultry seductive tone which made her stand out compared to Jamie's Rias.
I thought that who ever is voicing Kuroka did a fine job of making her a rather seductive Nekomata too.

In all, I can probably live with the changes when it comes to buying it on Blu-ray but Akeno's VA will take some getting used too. (She's jumping in at Season 3 so I guess I can cut her some slack.)
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

There's not much action this week except well...for spoiler[Issei that is. Xenovia and her planning never ceases to amuse me. Glad to see more of Irina s well.]

Decent buildup I guess.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

It is kind of good where this series has come to. Issei is still a perve, but he is still chivalrous, people just accept it as a side of him without looking too far down on him. Unfortunately for the dragon, Issei's spoiler[reputation has made him something beyond being feared]. That was funny, spoiler[he is the boob dragon]. Everyone is largely friends now, even with Irina on board. And there is an increase in accepting themselves, Koneko was spoiler[much more affectionate than before], now turning spoiler[Issei lap into her seat].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Finally my long awaited Irina eye catch. Kinda disappointed but that might be because my anticipation levels were too high. I think swapping the poses would have been better.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Damn Koneko has been adorable the past 2 episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Mm, I thought the buildup was delicious in terms of the outfits and ways the girls are getting Issei for his upcoming battles. Kuroka also seems to have taken an interest in him so watch out Koneko Wink

The action in the second half was alright I suppose. Some trash talking involving Diodora and his side. Looks like the fighting will continue next time so I'm prepared for more action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5