• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD BorN (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayanami000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Just can't wait of an announcement of some sort. It's annoying to be this way. Confused
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I definitely have to say that this season was weaker than the previous. I found there was a lack of real over the top absurd/awesome scenes. There's the fight against Loki that was intense, and then Juggernaut Drive, but that's about it. There wasn't even a cool battle to finish this season off.

The part of each episode I looked forward to every week was, of course, the eye catches. DxD actually gets very little on the hentai front but the eye catches more than make up for it with the girls nude in positions that make certain senarios easy to imagine. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I was disappointed by a lot of them. A lot of the time the pose/expression used in the clothed image would have worked much better as the nude image. Xenovia, Ophis, Asia, and Rossweise's were ideal, but Akeno and Rias's were terrible. Guess I was most disappointed by Irina and Serafall's. They're definitly not bad, but again, perhaps I was expecting too much.

Yes, these are the kinds of things I find important. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? Here's hoping for better luck next season.

I wonder if the BDs are gonna have shorts like the first season or new scenes like the second one. Either way, I could use more screenshot fodder. Outside of the eye catches I actually didn't take any this season. Perhaps I'm getting desensitized to this level of service...

When's the next Sister New Devil volume out...?
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/ Season review

Out if the three seasons, this one has been the weakest for me. It did start out strongly; I really enjoyed the AkenoxIssei arc and Rossweisse introduction to the show and now Rias team is also a plus point. However she did have limited screen time which was a shame.

The final fight between Issei and Rias didn't particularly bring anything new to the table and was concluded very early into the episode. The beach scene was nice, especially the kiss and it reminded me of a moment during Log Horizon's second season.

Hopefully we'll get some neat OVA's and extra scenes when the BD's are released to make up for it.

Vaisaga wrote:
When's the next Sister New Devil volume out...?

I believe it was out this week as it's just become available to view online, yet in low quality, so I'll wait a few days to get a nice HD picture. Digressing a bit from the main topic but I've found that 'Testament's' enjoyment and quality has risen 10 fold with the uncensored version and extra scenes. I'd probably rate it higher than this seasons DxD which would have surprised me a few months back.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
Just hope for a S4 that will straight this out to hell yeah awesome stuff.
Freelance_Philosopher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Pre-order is finally up on Rightstuf.
6 OVAs included.
Ships 9/6.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5