• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Trek Actor Leonard Nimoy Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Coincidentally, when I was watching TV with my mom last night, they had a Priceline commercial with Shatner in it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Coincidentally, when I was watching TV with my mom last night, they had a Priceline commercial with Shatner in it.
Not surprising as he needs money to put meat on table as well as the rest of us.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52, I find it coincidental I saw such a commercial the day I found out a friend of his died.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I'll never forget his immortal role narrating the 2012 Mitt Romney biopic, A Human Being who Built That.
bones2039

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Nimoy was a legend. He will forever be Mr Spock. He lived long and prospered. He will always be a part of my youth for both his roles as Mr Spock and Galvatron.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
He will be missed. For years folks had thought he had passed away but surprisingly he was still here doing great things. We'll all miss him. R.I.P Mr. Nimoy, no one could be Spock like you were.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 am Reply with quote
It's sad to hear about the passing of Leonard Nimoy. He's been in plenty of movies and tv shows. Especially as Mr. Spock in the "Star Trek" series and movies. He was great in that. I even remember when A&E ran "In Search Of..." in the 90's. His voice lent as sort of seriousness to what could be frankly pretty bizarre topics. One of "In Search Of's" best episodes was about the famous painter Vincent Van Gogh. It was a personal search for him because as he said,he once played him on stage.
But before he became famous on "Star Trek,"he had some bit parts on movies and television,like on an episode of "Get Smart." Leonard Nimoy was one of those people who you thought would always be around,like Dick Clark was. Like Mr. Spock always said "Live Long and Prosper." And that's what he did. So long,Mr. Nimoy. You've been beamed up to your just reward.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
My condolences to his family, especially Jeff since he helped popularize Digimon.
TheBlackGirlGamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
Are you serious?! Xehanort voice actor?! I'm going to have a hard time hearing his voice now knowing that he died... Crying or Very sad
Yoda117

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
The man was an amazing actor, no doubt about it.

It also had a wicked sense of humor. One of the best examples I can think of would be the sound check used at the Mugar Omni Theatre. Since the theatre is part of the Boston Museum of Science (and he used to live in the area when he was a child, they asked him to do a VO for the tracks used for the sound check. The result is Nimoy trying to perform doo wop, which to me is pretty hilarious.

He was also very philanthropic, and provided his time and money to several national and local charities (both in Boston and in the surrounding Los Angeles area).

RIP.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4