• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Gundam the Origin Volume's Title, Fall Release Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I just want this to be over and done with so we can have a new Alternate Universe to look forward to. I'm really sick of going back to UC in some form or fashion, especially when they BS it (Unicorns ending) or it makes zero sense (Reconguista so far).

I would love to see a sequel for G Gundam. Can you imagine how the show would look nowadays with the updated animation? It would be amazing.

I do agree with you about Unicorn. It could have been excellent, instead the ending knocked it down a notch. Still a good series, but a disappointing end. I haven't seen Reconguista, but I'm interested. I heard good things from online friends who are big Gundam heads.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I rather enjoyed the ending to Unicorn, myself, but I can see where others mind find it anti-climactic, given all the build up to what Laplace's Box was supposed to be.

I would only accept a G Gundam sequel if they brought back Imagawa, and he doesn't do sequels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I rather enjoyed the ending to Unicorn, myself, but I can see where others mind find it anti-climactic, given all the build up to what Laplace's Box was supposed to be.

Yeah, it was a good series, don't get me wrong. But the one clunker of a episode just happen to be the final one. It's a shame because the series was very strong throughout, and I actually liked Episode 6 the most (probably because it has the most character development) but that final episode was a let down for me. Eventually when I go back to re-watch it, I'll probably think of what could have been instead of what is. Because Unicorn (IMHO) could have been a top three entry into the Gundam franchise, but with that final episode it doesn't crack my top five. Again, IMHO.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:50 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I would only accept a G Gundam sequel if they brought back Imagawa, and he doesn't do sequels.

It was pretty obvious from the start even without having read the novels that the Laplace box was to be some kind of political statement. Any other thing wouldn't have made sense. So no surprise on this issue.
The time travel part ? That was unnecessary and brought down the final episode. Newtype consciousness I can get along with. Time travels no. That was a really stupid thing to do.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:

The time travel part ? That was unnecessary and brought down the final episode. Newtype consciousness I can get along with. Time travels no. That was a really stupid thing to do.

Did you think they literally time-traveled? Like, actually time-traveled physically?

That's kind of like thinking there was literally a wave of water crashing during Amuro and Lalah's Newtype reaction. A wave of water in out of space, crashing right into Amuro. Or that the "T"-sample in CCA was actually magic and not just a representation of Tomino's signature on his work.

It's just Newtype visions. It's all visions. Nobody actually time-traveled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Did you think they literally time-traveled? Like, actually time-traveled physically?

[cut]

No lol it's not just newtype visions. Full Frontal takes Banagher to the end of time. Literally the end of the universe. The Big Crunch. Where there is nothing left.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

[cut]

No lol it's not just newtype visions. Full Frontal takes Banagher to the end of time. Literally the end of the universe. The Big Crunch. Where there is nothing left.

I'm fairly confident that's just Newtype visions representative of that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2