• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'MechaTsuku' Contest Finalist Videos Preview 5 Potential Mecha Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast! -The Custom- looks like the original IGPX - if ya guys remember that:

Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
If the most liked does get a BD/DVD. I wonder if the contest winner gets a percentage of the sales since they are the creator.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
Dean Drive and Star Storks are the best looking series. CGI mecha with 3D models and textures just look sucky. Plot-wise, none of them seem to be very original, but hopefully they can take a used idea and execute it well
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that deadEndSparks has a Digimon-style animation?
macattack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
If it means anything, Day Break Dean Drive is the early frontrunner, it has about 1,000 views over its next closest competitor (Star Storks). So it looks like so far the view count is following the general wishes of the thread. Anime hyper

(Honestly Day Break Dean Drive looks like the best of the lot anyway).
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
I'm with Star Stocks (god please rename it, sounds stupid) animation looks crappy, but it's pilot test animation. Looks like mighty morphin rangers. Plot is best i've seen which isn't popular trend reused from something else.

Day Break Dean Drive isn't bad, but in all i like space soup operas frankly there too much of that. Valvare memory thing is annoying.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast doesn't do it for me because Rideback's mecha design makes more sense than the car-inspired design they're doing here. The mecha are too heavy.

RS Project is more up my alley, but a) the fan service. Really? a little flap is raising up to her ass? What is this, Cross Ange. Also, their sense of what looks exciting action-wise is off. In the end the mecha is kicking the monster, and it just looks unexciting.

Dead End Sparks has my vote. What they need to work on are the human characters.

Day Break Dean Dive (Where do they get these names from? Out of a hat?) What, you mean they actually have a mecha with a female lead, and her dimensions aren't completely ridiculous? Also, no fan service shot? Japan woke up for a second there.

Star Storks ::stifles laughter:: This is the wild card. I feel like the design inspiration came from a totally different decade than these other entries. This feels like it came from the 80s. It's not bothered by the slick ideas and designs of today. Also, mecha storks. Have never seen that idea. My big problem with this one was they re-used animation several times. Just cut out that repeated stuff, and cut it down to 2:30 or less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2