• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lupin the Third (TV 2015).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Lupin the Third (TV 2015)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Shounen
Themes: thief

Plot Summary: Lupin will be starring as the main character in this upcoming series set to take place in Italy and San Marino.

Reflecting its setting, the anime will debut in Italy before airing in Japan. Lupin III fans will note that the titular thief now has a blue coat, following his earlier appearances in green (first series and some OVAs), red (the second series as well as most films and television specials) or pink (third series).
----------------------------------

Italy aired the first four episodes already.

I love the classic feel of Lupin and this seems quite welcoming. Also thought it was kinda surprising to see Lupin back on TV after all this time. Still, a very warm welcome seeing the show back though and it's a 2 cour!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Funkgun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am Reply with quote
Well, after a lot of stumbling into walls, it looks as if this is finally back.

This schedule is super messed up, Maybe it makes sense in Italy or Japan.
Anyhow, Episode1

For 3/4ths of the episode it was rather mundane, as you try to realize what is Lupin's ploy, and why is he getting married spoiler[I mean, come on you know Lupin has other motives right? Right? Well, a golden crown and a wedding day, BAM!]Speaking of Rebecca, I like her plucky attitude and the fact she is a well made character design. The Blonde/green hair works for her. also the fact that it makes Fujiko spoiler[ jealous, that made me happy ]

The animation is actually pretty good. I mean it rivals the TV specials of Lupin, and is TMS at their best. (which is not stellar, but for Lupin, it is good)
Episode 2 has a car chase!!
Good old fashioned suspend belief action. Goemon is brought to action and Jigen and Lupin have a fun comical moment with a grenade.

Ep3
This one is now delving into the ongoing story. Yes, Lupin used to be able to be watched in any order even the old TV series, but ever sense A Woman Named Fujiko Mine, Lupin has joined the non-episodic story world.
Infact, this episode has a Castle of Cagliostro tie-in. spoiler[ the jewel fragment was nothing more than a wink and a nod to the movie classic. ]
Over all the first three episodes have been fun. But I am tained with being a Lupin fan.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, great stuff so far. The music, OP song (Japanese version), and the characters...

I like that Rebecca girl already as she is very hard to read because of her role so far and personality. Fujiko was also a nice sight to see as well. Action and comedy were fun to watch and overall, I feel like this show is really on track with the classic tone of the Lupin franchise.

I think this has potential to be anime of the season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
333dulucia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 am Reply with quote
I really enjoy this show so far. My favorite episode was probably the last one with the haunted hotel. I wonder if it actually is some real story but I couldn/t find it anywhere.

More people who enjoy this series? I didn't like the previous ones except for the films but this one is really nice to watch and I like the style Smile
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
333dulucia wrote:
More people who enjoy this series? I didn't like the previous ones except for the films but this one is really nice to watch and I like the style Smile

Count me in. I'm not really a Lupin III fan except for a few of the movies ("Cagliostro," "Fuma Conspiracy," maybe one or two others), but this show has been glorious so far. I really love the style of the character designs--classic but distinctive--and the OP and ED I am totally not getting tired of.

Rebecca's a neat character, and I look forward to seeing what else they do with her. I kind of like how her appearances are just being peppered through the show here and there; she's definitely important, but she isn't hijacking the proceedings.

Notice how the series will introduce a piece of a continuing plot thread and then abandon it right away in favor of more standalone stuff. That's a lot like how Cowboy Bebop was put together--which is interesting, since it, to an extent, was itself influenced by Lupin III.

My favorites so far are the first episode and the one with Fujiko and the magician. You know she's gonna swindle the poor guy somehow, but I liked how things played out in the end.

Definitely looking forward to more.
Phubarrh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Hah, I just saw the movie MINIONS...did anyone else notice that the first non-sumo audience member attempting to snatch the gem from Scarlet Overkill's hand on the Villain Con stage strongly resembles a certain French-Japanese master thief?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1