• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quote
Miyabi seemed to really be enjoying herself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

One of my favorite episodes from this season so far. I think it's because of Noa's personality and role from this particular episode. Yamada took some risky moves but it looks like everything paid off at the end. I wish this arc was a bit longer though...

Also, Noa's character design reminds me of Frau from Robotics;Notes.

And as I kinda expected, she falls for Yamada.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I'm really not wrapping my head around what sort of wish would make that particular power manifest. I think the key lies in what Shiraishi said about it, but I can't articulate it in my head what exactly is going on with Noa. Oh dear, I guess I'll have to watch it again... Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ok, I'm really not wrapping my head around what sort of wish would make that particular power manifest. I think the key lies in what Shiraishi said about it, but I can't articulate it in my head what exactly is going on with Noa. Oh dear, I guess I'll have to watch it again... Smile

She wanted to help other people who went through traumatic events? She does not seem to be the type that actually wants revenge for herself, but maybe it was that she felt how people who go through something feel, and wanted to help others. Only she was being a bit too fixated.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
She wishes to help people with traumas, so she gets the power to discover people's traumas? That seems a little too straightforward for this. The wish --> witch seems to me to be sort of a monkey's paw deal, where the wish doesn't manifest in such a convenient way, or is just too literal.

I guess because of what Shiraishi said, I'm thinking it's probably something like she wanted to be closer to people or open up to them better and that translated into seeing their worst moments that they would most want to hide.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

I think this expands over the festival OVA (that debuted recently btw). It's really a shame this is not a 2 cour since this episode gives Mikoto Asuka more spotlight, although underwhelming imo.

Tamaki's presence in this episode really stirred up some trouble though. Since this is continuing until the next time, I hope Yamada and the others have a solid plan. Maybe he'll even confess eventually? It looks like he did admit to himself this episode that he is in love with Shiraishi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Seems like there were some flaws in their plan or rather not going as well as they had expected. I liked Nene's role in this episode though especially since she's taking a big step forward.

I still have mixed feelings on the Student Council for what they've been doing though. And at any rate, there's only one episode left. Really not sure what they will do for this but I'm hoping Yamada and the others will resolve their issue.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
In the rush of this series I've lost the thread of how this is going down. How did they swap bodies without Yamada's involvement?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Body-swapping is Shiraishi's power, not Yamada's. He just copied it. So anyone who kisses Shiraishi will swap with her.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
D'oh! >.< Thanks for un-derping me. :)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
What I don't quite get is that the student council standing in his way of his friends, since that was the real problem him that he could bring the entire school down for trying to stand in his way because he has witches on his side. It was the president that created the situation that Yamada had to find the witches, and he should get what he deserves for playing with people.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Yeah, this rushed for the arc. I mean, a 1 cour adaptation would resulted in this sort of execution. However, I do have to say that the overall comedy aspect of this show as fun to watch. I actually laughed almost every episode with this series' clever gimmicks at times.

For the finale, it looks like they managed to resolve differences after some teamwork and planning. As usual, Yamada got his weekly kiss. I swear, that guy wins the most kiss award for this year.

Anyways, yeah..I'm not sure what to rate this entirely in the end. I'm curious to see what Miki Yoshikawa has to say at the Anime Expo next week on this anime adaptation though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Yeah, this rushed for the arc. I mean, a 1 cour adaptation would resulted in this sort of execution.

Yeah it is sort of like reading the Cliff's Notes version of The Iliad rather than the real thing.

In spite of that they did a pretty good job with what time they had.

I notice that the encyclopedia calls out a 13th episode, to be released on July 7. So I guess this isn't quite done yet.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I notice that the encyclopedia calls out a 13th episode, to be released on July 7. So I guess this isn't quite done yet.

I think that might be a mistake. The conclusion for this week seemed definitely like the finale.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
The biggest problem with the show is that it indeed rushed through a lot of content. It's a shame that something like UBW gets way more episodes than it needs while this show doesn't get enough. The manga does go beyond this point so I recommend checking it out if you liked the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5