• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Adds Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist on Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macron One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
WOOHOO! MADOKA LICENSE!!

Definitely an automatic buy, regardless of the release details.

Blue Exorcist is an interesting title too, but wether or not i'll get it will be heavily dependant on the pricepoint, considering Aniplex's history in that particular department.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Uh oh guys, this Blue Exorcist show seems like it might have some mainstream appeal. We better nip that in the bud by releasing it across four individual DVDs!
I wonder how many episodes will be on the DVDs... Confused
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

THANK YOU, Aniplex, for Madoka Magica!!

*proceeds to scream like a little girl*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
Uh oh guys, this Blue Exorcist show seems like it might have some mainstream appeal. We better nip that in the bud by releasing it across four individual DVDs!

I'd guess 7/6/6/6. That seems like a tight fit and a little odd for a Japanese company to cram so many episodes on a DVD and risk poor video quality.

I liked Blue Excorcist, but I'll just keep with the Premium video being offered here on ANN. A dub could change that, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
As long as they have Madoka Magica on Blu-ray, with good packaging and all of the commentary tracks, I'll buy it from them... eventually.

Oh and, no quality screw-ups please.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

I'd guess 7/6/6/6. That seems like a tight fit and a little odd for a Japanese company to cram so many episodes on a DVD and risk poor video quality.

I liked Blue Excorcist, but I'll just keep with the Premium video being offered here on ANN. A dub could change that, though.
Unfortunately, a dub won't happen for Blue Exorcist. Aniplex said that they're releasing the series subtitle-only.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Hah, for some reason, when it said "home video" in the article, I suddenly thought about VHS tapes. Can you imagine that with any modern dvd release? Laughing

Ooh, I was really hoping that something would be said about Madoka Magica this weekend, after having found out about the domain name obtained by Aniplex USA about a week ago. This is definitely Very Happy News, for as it's been clear to many gamers over this past week in light of Operation Rainfall, being a Nintendo fan is suffering...

Sure hope there will be Blu-Ray releases for the series, not that I finally have a PS3. And a decent pricing scheme as well. Oh, AND A DUB.

Last edited by Animerican14 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed, given that I am not really a fan of "magical girl" shows (I think Princess Tutu and Utena are the only ones in my collection. That is, if those two shows can truly be called "magical girl" shows).

I think Blue Exorcist is .......... o.k. so far. It's not a must buy show for me.

Given that, this may be a blessing since Aniplex's price structure can be very intimidating.

I'm wondering if Madoka will go the way of Garden of Sinners, as far as price goes. It seems like a logical candidate.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I'm wondering if Madoka will go the way of Garden of Sinners, as far as price goes. It seems like a logical candidate.

My guess is that it will be more like Durarara!! -- high-end on the R1 price scale for a DVD-only release due to the relative newness of the title and fears of reverse importation.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Unfortunately, a dub won't happen for Blue Exorcist. Aniplex said that they're releasing the series subtitle-only.

I'm not going to be buying Blue Exorcist if it's a sub only. I like having the option of a dub, I'm watching it subbed already and I don't mind the commercials, since there's no dub, I don't really want to buy it without that option. I'm perfectly fine with legal streaming.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I'm a little disappointed, given that I am not really a fan of "magical girl" shows (I think Princess Tutu and Utena are the only ones in my collection. That is, if those two shows can truly be called "magical girl" shows).

Madoka is about as much magical girl as Princess Tutu is, or at least the second half of PT. It's like a sports anime in that the Magical Girl is there, but it's plot-driven drama through in through.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I was like "Yay Madoka!"

Then I saw "Aniplex"

Now I'm sad.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited!!! I'm definitely buying both!!!

Hopefully they will be dubbed ^^
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Well, that does suck that it won't be getting a dub. But then again, I'm fine if it's subbed only. I just need to gather the money up to pre-order... Anime exclamation
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
If they can top the quality of the Japanese Blurays for Madoka (1st disc error doesn't count), I may just double dip.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9