• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unbreakable Machine-Doll Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Even more so at my high school, where there was a gifted program, so instead of just having a bunch of sociopaths together in one place, you now you had a bunch of sociopaths with genius level IQs put together in one place.

That actually sounds pretty horrifying. Shocked
Anyways I entered this. The anime was entertaining (though it needs another season) but this figure looks awesome. I want some figures (and I like Kotobukiya even though I only have 2 figures from them) but most are too expensive for me. I hope I win this though.
FuunKuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
I joined too, I haven't watched the anime or read the manga yet but it looks pretty interesting so its definitely on my watch later list. Anyways good luck to all who entered and to myself.

Last edited by FuunKuro on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TheGotank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
sharl wrote:
Because it's perfectly normal to have characters naked and looking like little kids while trying to seduce someone. Go ahead, tell your parents that you are attracted to drawings of naked children, I'm sure they won't call you a pedophile. I was fine with having naked children in Elfen Lied because it didn't do it to make someone horny.

I'm just curious, what exactly is your objection to fiction children being depicted in a erotic context? What's wrong with pedophilia if it's not expressed in a way which harms or even affects others?

I think you're letting blind emotions get ahead of rational discourse.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
TheGotank wrote:
What's wrong with pedophilia
The fact that it's a sexual attraction to children. I can't(nor do I think society should) condemn a pedophile who's done nothing, but pretending the pathology itself isn't negative is just wrong.
sharl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
^^^

Like I said, I don't care what people are attracted to because they cannot help it, but I'll be dammed before I encourage it in mass media. The majority are not attracted to little kid's bodies and I find it very disgusting, real or not.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The majority are not attracted to little kid's bodies and I find it very disgusting, real or not.

Except that there are people that use the "Us vs Them" stance with the guise of "civil service" to unfairly discredit a group that is "obviously social deviants", it is far more disgusting than a picture of any naked fictional character.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
If you all keep on taking this inflammatory route, Zac is going to lock up this thread, and no one will be getting an Unbreakable Machine-Doll.

And it will all be your fault.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
If you all keep on taking this inflammatory route, Zac is going to lock up this thread, and no one will be getting an Unbreakable Machine-Doll.

And it will all be your fault.

Well said. I'd hate for a derailed thread to to result in fewer contests going forward.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Well I am done, but it probably won't be the last time I see or participate in this type of discussion because it will come again sooner or later.

Congrats to whoever actually does win.
capjake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 am Reply with quote
That figure would be nice to win but i have no luck.
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Awesome figure, cool contest, but I am a little peeved that Funimation just ditched the caption contest on their Facebook page and used the awesome figure in another contest (that I'd imagine had way more entries then the caption one).

Here was the old contest:
https://www.facebook.com/FUNimation/posts/10152721006398481
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/02/10/anime-out-of-context-unbreakable-machine-doll-contest/

Oh well, tis life.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Chris. (Having the link atop this thread lead to the original submission, rather than winner announcement, sure made it harder to go back and find his name.)

Mayhaps this means we are drawing closer to hearing of the Index winner announcement, which closed a week and a half ago?
FuunKuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
gg *fistbump*
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
In terms of sounding authentic for Yaya's character (assuming she i s a teen), her dub voice graduated high school last year.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
NiPah wrote:
Awesome figure, cool contest, but I am a little peeved that Funimation just ditched the caption contest on their Facebook page and used the awesome figure in another contest (that I'd imagine had way more entries then the caption one).

I don't see where they said they canceled that contest, but I also don't see an announcement of a winner, despite that contest closing before this one. But yeah, the "out of context" contest looks like it only had a few dozen entries.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4