• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Famitsu Readers Choose Their 30 Favorite Digimon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit to having a VERY strong bias for the tamers trio of digimon and their evolutions due to their personalities (with terriermon being #1 for me), but in fairness their designs throughout are all pretty awesome.

I used to really like Veemon and I still kinda do since he's my favorite color but now it's eh....As little as I am surprised to see Omnimon as #1 I can't say I ever felt that strong of an attachment to it. Yeah whenever you saw it in the show you knew that was when shit went down but honestly he ranks about a 5 for me personally (turns off snob switch)
megagold5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
MagnaAngemon for me. I still remember the first time he shows up in the original series. Spine tingling is what that was.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quote
As for the poll, I noticed of the Dark Masters, Metalseadramon, Piedmon, and Machinedramon were on there but not Puppetmon (AKA Pinnochimon). I decided to vote for Puppetmon as I always found him to be the most amusing when I saw Digimon as a kid.

Come to think of it, I always found the villainous Digimon more interesting than the heroic ones (except for Leomon, but that's because he's the Kenny McCormick of the series). Never been too sure why; I'm guessing it's because I'm drawn towards weird stuff, and the villains come from a huge variety of inspirations whereas the heroic Digimon have to have a merchandiseable look (with Renamon being the exception).

The D-Reaper is not eligible, is it?

potatopurplexs3 wrote:
Very glad Veemon was on there, he's always been my favorite. Kinda surprised Renamon was so low, however. Figured she'd be a lot higher than 17.

Yeah, Renamon seems to be quite the nostalgic favorite. I thought she'd be top 10 for sure.

By the way, I remember checking out the Fox Kids poll some time ago, early into Digimon Tamers, and Veemon was #1. I was looking for Veemon first and foremost to see if the Japanese fans like him as much as the American fans.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:22 am Reply with quote
I saw this yesterday, but no Angewomon!? Come on, people! Had I known Famitsu was doing this poll, I absolutely would have voted.

In addition, just as an honorary vote, Nacchan from Natsu no Tobira (drama CD) was one of my favorites, though we never really "saw" her in Digimon form or anything.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

In addition, just as an honorary vote, Nacchan from Natsu no Tobira (drama CD) was one of my favorites, though we never really "saw" her in Digimon form or anything.

I would vote for her on voice alone. Only Lonely still gets stuck in my head from time and time. It's chillingly beautiful.

My vote had to go to Gabumon though. Ever since the first Digimon World game he's been my loyal partner. <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kgw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
I always liked the "big forgotten", like Tentomon or Gomamon...
LinkSword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
No Leomon. Wizardmon barely made the list.

Ugh...
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Veemon for sure. He is such a fun-loving digimon and would be fun to play with. And with his somewhat humanoid shape he can do a lot of things. He's also got a strong and versatile digivolution route thanks to his ability to armor digivolve.

Others include BanchoLeomon, Beelzemon, WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Growlmon, Puppetmon, Piedmon, Angemon, Angewomon, Etemon, Ravemon, Lilymon, Garudamon, Zudomon, Diaboromon, Omnimon, Paildramon, Gallantmon, Megidramon and Cyberdramon.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:45 am Reply with quote
potatopurplexs3 wrote:
Very glad Veemon was on there, he's always been my favorite. Kinda surprised Renamon was so low, however. Figured she'd be a lot higher than 17.

Renamon's popularity is mainly discussed is in the American furry fandom so that's skewed more towards an American viewpoint in my experience. Otherwise she's generally the least popular main Tamers Digimon elsewhere.

-Stuart Smith
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:09 am Reply with quote
My favourite is without a doubt Gallantmon Crimson Mode. From his emotionally moving origin to his cool armour to his ability to fly and of course his devastating Final Justice attack, he's awesome in every way.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Does Masaru count as a Digimon? He can probably beat up most of them himself. He was punching VenomVamdemon with ease last we saw of him in Xros Wars.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
^
What the heck was that? Were the production staff on drugs or something? How could they come up with something so stupid?
Mr. slicer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
What the heck was that? Were the production staff on drugs or something? How could they come up with something so stupid?

It was the readers who voted, so unless I am missing something I don't see how the staff is responsible in any way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2