• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Visual Art's/Key Stream Charlotte Anime's TV Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I guess we'll have to make a "Most perverted MC of 2015" since Issei is returning.

Looks and sounds good so far.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Also I read in a different translation that the protagonist is described as being Key's rudest protagonist at the beginning of the story, not perverted. I wonder if there us a translation mistake here?

It's written ゲスい (gesui) in the character profile. Lengthy explanation here, tl;dr version: might mean sleazebag or pervy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that this might be a summer release?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
These read like the Misfits super powers. Laughing

_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so in my opinion there are two kinds of perverts in anime. The Passive and the Active.
The active pervert is the kind that proactively search for and create situations to which he can satisfy his sexual lust. This would include peepers in girls' locker rooms, camera stalkers who take pictures of underwear, and just in general obvious pervertedness.
The passive pervert on the other hand, is much more secretive with his motives. He's lecherous, but doesn't show it extremely. Rather than create situations himself, he waits for them to come to him. He likes panties, but he doesn't steal them or lift skirts to see them.
For the sake of the show, I hope the main character is a passive, because if he is anything like Issei was in Highschool DxD, then that will practically null any "feels" I get from this.
The_Wulfe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
So, I should just prepare my feels for the pain now then?
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
I really like the premise of their ultra-limited powers. Kind of makes me think of what I was expected (and was hoping) When Ordinary Battles Become Commonplace was going to be. But yeah, we really don't need any more super-pervert types in anime, but then again almost all of the Key protagonists had that side to them without being too insufferable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
I hope this production will go along smoothly so that Maeda (my honey) and the gang can tell a good story, as they do best! I think that Maeda could be a really good TV writer when he's not plagued by production problems a la Angel Beats. I can't wait to watch this and I'm rooting for it to do really well!! Go Key!
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I really like the premise of their ultra-limited powers. Kind of makes me think of what I was expected (and was hoping) When Ordinary Battles Become Commonplace was going to be. But yeah, we really don't need any more super-pervert types in anime, but then again almost all of the Key protagonists had that side to them without being too insufferable.

A male character having some sort of pervertedness is ok in an anime. You could even argue it is a necessity, since sexual arousal is human nature. If anything, a male character that is not interested in panties would seem unnatural. There is a limit to how perverted you can make a main character before you start pissing off the audience. Key has been keeping their males in check in the past, so I hope it is the same this time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2