• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
Espisode #11

Again disappointing turn to sex/sexual interest shaming -- as if it is something impure/indecent, which is fake morality BS.

This is quite harmful reaffirmation of the nonsensical puritanic brainwashing people get from their early years.(especially for Japanese society).
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

...LOL, Takeo should join an official soccer team or the Winter Olympics because of his athletic skills. Funny and cute chemistry this episode. It was definitely cute to see Takeo's parents welcoming Yamato as a friend into their home.

A bit of a slow progress though for this episode though but I thought it was cute.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Takeo is unbeatable in sports... as expected!
Going spoiler[ice skating] was fun ^^
All the spoiler[college talk had Takeo motivated to study hard.
His parents were thrilled that Yamato was his girlfriend ^^
All that led to no peace at study time.]

Looks like both of them have problems withspoiler[ tests] ^^"
Fun episode!
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I kept expecting to hear that Yamato's intended college was a women's college, and that Takeo would have to go elsewhere, but she thought that he could get in anyway. Well, he has done some amazing things, but that _might_ be one too far. Maybe he'll crossdress?

Very cute episode. I loved seeing his parents around her. Was the tea set new, or just kept in storage only for very, very, very, very, very special occasions? ^^
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Although I'm really enjoying pretty much everything about this, I think if it weren't for Suna, I'd have bailed already. He totally makes this series.

Like how he didn't react at all to Takeo's thundering entrance, until he asked for a favor. Very Happy Or the whole scene with the sleeping Takeo (Yamato's faces were priceless). Completely deadpan. Anyway, it was nice to see him chuckle again at least. And he played out the joke with the patience of a sage.

But that move in the opening teaser was just evil. Blocks the keeper's view until the last second and then just casually steps to the side. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
But that move in the opening teaser was just evil. Blocks the keeper's view until the last second and then just casually steps to the side. Very Happy

Yeah, loved that, happened so fast but him just stepping aside made it.

My first response to Yamato's choice of college was asking if it was all girls, because she currently goes to an all girls high school. That Suna knew all along and let it play out was funny. Seeing Suna laugh does feel like highlights, along with for me when Yamato squeals.
Blarmb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Espisode #11

Again disappointing turn to sex/sexual interest shaming -- as if it is something impure/indecent, which is fake morality BS.

This is quite harmful reaffirmation of the nonsensical puritanic brainwashing people get from their early years.(especially for Japanese society).

What in the world are you going on about? If the show has never at all shamed sex/sexuality. Certainly Takeo himself is something of a conservative stiff in that regard but it's only ever been framed as a problem.

Also how in the world can morality be "fake"? I can't even figure out how that statement would make any sense.

Stark700 wrote:
Episode 12:

It was definitely cute to see Takeo's parents welcoming Yamato as a friend into their home.

I dunno that read as a bit more than friend to me. I'd suspect Takeo's mom might have been sharing a bit in the fantasy Yamato had in the woods, minus the cave-man aspects of it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Treating Suna to a movie & more.
Those two were trying hard to make Suna happy.
Well, it sure was nice of them to do all that for his birthday ^^
Takeo can be pretty scary when he wants too.
Looks like Suna's sister still isn't over Takeo..
That Oda guy was pretty persistent.
He's not even that bad actually..
Can't wait to see how it'll continue!]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Yamato's reaction to seeing spoiler[Takeo take off his shirt at the beach was golden.] Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14

Really happy that this is a series that is going to be 2 cour, for a series that pretty much started where one would end, I am still interested to keep watching.

The introduction of this Oda guy is interesting, it was funny when Takeo took him on. He does not really seem bad, I thought that his plan to get Takeo and Suna's sister alone was underhanded, but she really has not got closure, she says that she is supporting them but she has not let go. Also I like the focus on her character too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Solid episode. I liked how the comedy mixed with some of the drama. And also, it's good to see Ai return as I felt that the show sometimes feel different without her around. I'm not sure I like that Oda Hayato guy though...

Anyways, next week should be interesting especially with the cliffhanger. Let's see what Ai will do next!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14:

I thought that was fun at the amusement park in the first half. I just love how Takeo and Yamato makes the most of their time together. It's interesting to see Ai join them during this trip with the recent developments along with Suna.

I think this episode presented a chance for Ai to voice out her feelings as well. Kinda felt bad for her though. Takeo just thinks of her as a good friend rather than a girlfriend.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Amusement park fun ^^
Takeo and Yamato were in sync again.
Oda was doing his best to get Suna's sis closure.
She, on the other hand, was once again avoiding her issue.
Guess Takeo is better off never knowing..
His love story is the one with Yamato after all ^^
Poor Oda just can't catch a break.]
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 14:
I think this episode presented a chance for Ai to voice out her feelings as well. Kinda felt bad for her though. Takeo just thinks of her as a good friend rather than a girlfriend.

No, Takeo thinks of Ai as an older sister, making her confession to him all the more awkward.

I think confessing to someone in a happy relationship is kind of selfish, and in this case more so than usual due to their age difference. At this point in their lives, a three or four year age difference is a big deal, and unfortunately, Ai just never had a chance to have a healthy romantic relationship with Takeo. Should she have confessed when she was preparing to go off to college and he was just graduating middle school? It wouldn't have worked then, either. Any chance at romance was unlikely from the start. Now if, in five years or so, Takeo and Rinko have drifted apart and Ai still harbors feelings for Takeo and she wants to confess, maybe there would be some chance of them working out as a couple. But that's still a maybe, as people change so rapidly between the ages of 15 and 20, and 18 and 23...

Basically, I'm saying it would be better if Ai let go of her feelings for Takeo without a big confession that would just confuse him and frustrate her (and likely upset Yamato, too).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
I'm glad it turned out that way. I too think it's selfish to confess to someone who's happy in their relationship, since the confession becomes only about you and not the one you love.

"If I get lost, you don't have to look for me." Oh Suna. :(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11