• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote
I think we all know what Suna type is… Takeo Razz

The metal bar at the end was a bit over the top, but still cute episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
Blood- wrote:
One thing that is sort of making me go "hmmmm" is that Suna is a pretty sharp guy. Surely he sees that Ya-tomato is grooving on Takeo and not him...so why isn't he cluing the big lug in?

I imagine he probably doesn't think that Takeo could actually be so oblivious as to who Yamato likes. He probably just thinks Takeo hasn't done anything yet due to nerves or something.

Your assumption would be at odds with how Suna has been depicted so far. Remember how easily he nailed the type of girl that Takeo likes? He is clearly observant and understands his friend of 10 years. I think he knows exactly how oblivious Takeo is. Yamato is not being even close to subtle so, again, I'm curious about Suna's not tuning Takeo in. Or perhaps he is so used to Takeo not being successful with the ladies that he is genuinely missing the signals.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I think that Suna is indeed interested in her, maybe the first girl to do so. He is probably stuck between clueing Takeo in that they both like each other, and that he wants to spend time with her, he is just not very expressive about it. But Takeo is still his bro in that Suna went back to help. I feel like there is little things like how she was so spoiler[insistent in paying back for the drink, yet he did not want her to, only reluctantly doing so].

Regardless it is a mix of sweet and sad that things are moving but he has no idea of actual intentions. Yamato seemed to go through levels that she was embarrassed to be alone with Takeo, but she really built up the courage to force more situations. And what about those spoiler[texts]? Anime catgrin
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Holy snap, the spoiler[BROMANCE of this episode was fantastic. Suna is a true bro and he shows it with his reasoning behind not wanting to date any of the girls who talked behind Takeo's back. The confession scenes between Takeo and Yamato also felt classic; somewhat fast though at this point of the story although imo, it was obvious the feelings were mutual.]

The most interesting part of the episode is that spoiler[analogy/story about the ogres.] Very charming and had a lot of great metaphor in it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3.

Oh! I wasn't expecting spoiler[(and I'm glad) that everything got resolved now. In fact, too perfectly, maybe these three episode were a one-shot or something and the manga continues after the one-shot. But anyway, this was like adorableness elevated to ten, I cannot emphasize how cute this was in both fronts, both the romance and the bromance =D . And I'm very glad they are stopping with the misunderstandings now before we thought it was going to be the whole show, now I wonder what is going to do now but that's cool, seeing new situations with them as an actual couple, that's interesting to see.]

spoiler[In fact, the cool thing about this is that it's something you can show everyone, these three first episodes, and show them if they want more or not, sort of like the three first Jojo episodes. That's neat ^^.]
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
You don't know how hard it was for me to spoiler[not give away the fact that Takeo and Yamato wind up as a couple early on in the series!]
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
^ Don't worry, spoiler[your and everyone else' efforts were all worth it, thanks to it we all now have diabetes Very Happy]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
OMG precious babies.....all 3 of them

I had a feeling that was why Suna was turning down the girls. What a great friend.

And the two love birds are as cute as can be. Give me more saccharine please. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I think everyone is going to say that Suna is a real bro.

This is too nice. Where spoiler[does it go from here]? I find it hard to believe that there could actually be an anime that spoiler[continues on after a confession and hooking up this early].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Whu-- wha-- WHAAAAAT??? Did my eyes just see what they think they saw??? Am I actually watching a shojo series where the two leads become boyfriend and girlfriend by episode 3???

*dies of shock*

Well good on this show. It's way smarter than me. I really thought we were going to be treated to an extended period of misunderstanding where Takeo would try to make Suna and Yamato happen.

Now I can genuinely say I have no freakin' idea where this show is going. I mean, obviously at some point Takeo and Suna will be on the outs and obviously there will be trouble between Takeo and Yamato, but other than those two broadstrokes I have no idea what's in store. I can't tell you how much that delights me.

And Suna is, like, the coolest dude of all time. I think I'm a little in love with him myself...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
yup, still freaking adorable. love every bit of this show. hope it gets licensed
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
This production shows some real class by not dragging "misunderstanding" part of concept forever, like many soap operas and shoyo series do.

So it is not fake in this regard; and Ogre's story is touching.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Takeo keeps amazing people ^^
He was awesome to himself too.
Some of his actions were LOL but sweet.
It was really nice watching him & Yamato interact.
Poor Suna was totally the third wheel..
Oh wow.. Yamato's friends were a bit in shock about Takeo.
Not surprise there, I guess. Same with girls drooling over Suna.
Takeo's heroic move was epic.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Solid episode overall. It bought out spoiler[Takeo's selfless personality once again while also maintaining a good balance of comedy. I didn't like those girls that Yamato bought with her thought. I think they do see the light now in some way after Takeo saved two of their friends from that fire.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I liked this new episode, very cute and this GIF is fantastic. However, it did fall in two traps I didn't want it to fall. One is the self-congratulation for the main character by he proving how perfect he is to people who don't like it to ridiculous degrees, and I don't want the show to fall into this; and second, a convenient dramatic event to create tension and drama, mostly to commit the first point. Wasn't a fan of it and I'm afraid the show goes into those places more oftenly from now on. But aside of that good stuff again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11