• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

That spoiler[fire drama] was totally unnecessary and over the top.

Liked everything else, but I fear their everyday life will be filled with more spoiler[life-or-death] situations like that.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I've also got to agree that seeing Gorilla-kun establish relationships and friendships in ways that don't involve spoiler[running into flaming buildings] would, counter intuitively, be more interesting. And I'm so sick of "I showed them!" and was sort of hoping that a show that isn't targeted directly at unpopular male nerds would be able to avoid the impulse.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Between that steal beam before and the spoiler[fire] this episodes, me thinks one of the main three are cursed... Or there's some Final Destination type thing going on.

Though seeing as how they showed spoiler[the restaurant had plenty of misplaced fire hazards the fact that it blew up isn't surprising.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
I really hope nothing else falls on him. Rolling Eyes

spoiler[It's coming closer
The flames are reaching my body
Please won't you help me
I feel like I'm slipping away
It's hard to breathe
And my chest is a-heaving

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burnin' love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burnin' love]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
I get why some people wouldn't be onboard with the fire drama, but I loved it. We have already seen with the falling steel beam that this show will unabashedly go for the gusto and good for it. Stuff like this is so ridiculous that I lump it in with the other comedy, but yeah, subtle it ain't.

And I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but puzzle over how things would actually ... work ... if Takeo and Yamato ever ... you know.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
Yes, I'd agree that the spoiler[fire] was contrived if it had been played entirely straight. But played in the completely corny and hilarious way it was, I really enjoyed it. It fit perfectly with Takeo's completely over the top intense personality and reinforced (and to some degree overcame) his biggest flaw: His tendency to be self-sacrificing to a fault. I mean, look, I'll agree that if in the next few episodes the characters again find themselves in spoiler[a life threatening situation] it is going to feel contrived to the point that it outweighs the humor. But for now I'm just fine with it.
Blarmb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I get why some people wouldn't be onboard with the fire drama, but I loved it. We have already seen with the falling steel beam that this show will unabashedly go for the gusto and good for it. Stuff like this is so ridiculous that I lump it in with the other comedy, but yeah, subtle it ain't.

And I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but puzzle over how things would actually ... work ... if Takeo and Yamato ever ... you know.

I agree.

It's cheesy but it's good. Certainly it might get grating if they do it every episode, but I could enjoy contrived peril every 3-4 episodes or so.

As to your puzzling, the size of men's genitals aren't strongly correlated with body size. Meaning even at his substantial bulk he's not likely sporting any anatomy that would make coupling difficult. It's just a matter of some positions meaning she'd be getting a face full of his chest.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Blarmb wrote:
As to your puzzling, the size of men's genitals aren't strongly correlated with body size.

As a 6'6" dude, I have to respectfully disagree with your contention. Wink
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Something like this Wink

They remind me of Shaq and his girlfriend, but that might be a bad comparison because she is strong enough to give Shaq a piggyback ride.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
As a 6'6" dude, I have to respectfully disagree with your contention. Wink
But what's your body size? That sounds inconvenient.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
@ WHG - Laughing Yep, ain't nothing more subtle than train/tunnel imagery.

@ Yttrbio - My body size? Why, a finely muscled mesomorph, of course!

*thanks Heaven that posting doesn't require real time video feed*
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

For most part, I liked this week's episode. spoiler[It introduced a fresh new face, Suna's sister Ai. She has a connection with Takeo already. And to also mention, she is quite good looking too imo like her brother. Based on her reactions, I'd say she has an attraction towards Takeo.]

The bonding between Takeo/Yamato is still cute though. I think the series is able to keep this momentum with both development and bringing in more interest every week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[train] part was sweet ^^
spoiler[Takeo's love life exploded in class.]
He truly is a unique and amazing person.
Yamato & Takeo really make a great couple.
spoiler[Makoto's sister went overboard when hearing Takeo had a girlfriend.
Yamato's secret almost came out]
.. wonder what it is.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I think Yamato's "secret" is pretty obvious to anyone whose eyes aren't clouded by jealousy and looking for the worst. Wink I just hope she has some of her brother's goodness and does the right thing if Yamato confides in her instead of using it to mess things up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I think Yamato's "secret" is pretty obvious to anyone whose eyes aren't clouded by jealousy and looking for the worst. Wink I just hope she has some of her brother's goodness and does the right thing if Yamato confides in her instead of using it to mess things up.

If it is obvious then I should be just dense then.

If I had to guess it might be that she is spoiler[not entirely "pure" because she actually wants a little bit extra to happen. That she is not the fragile thing he is thinking of her that needs to be protected from himself]. Of course even if I was in that situation I would not make the assumption in spoiler[a way without being told to not cross boundaries].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11