• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

That was fun. It looks like an outdoor adventure between Takeo and Yamato this week. They really made some great memories imo even with Takeo taking down that wild boar in a heartbeat. Awesome.

Lol, too bad Suna didn't come. I mean, he is home but I think we may see more of him again soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Picnic time in the mountains] ^^
Those two are so sweet it's amazing.
spoiler[Fall down the mountain] was epic..
Getting spoiler[lost on the mountain was i]nteresting to watch.
Takeo sure had the whole thing under control.
It was nice watching them spoiler[spend the night together].
Their love is even stronger now.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I love how Takeo's parents aren't concerned in the slightest that he was out all night in the mountains!
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Welp, it's been a while, but after watching this episode I finally can see that I really like Yamato. Before her high-pitched voice and for the most part just being a happy person that is cute or midly dramatic made me a little distant of her, but after this episode which was for the most part pure comedy and most of it was thanks to her, and downplaying a little bit her voice, that's more like it: both are being adorable and funny at the same time, my heart can't take this much. And for the most part this was a hilarious episode especially visually speaking, my god how many quick visual gags that totally cracked me up.

Probably there will be more slightly major episodes later, but if the minor ones are more like this instead of the 7th one (which I found kind of weak) then I'm happy.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
When they got to the top of the mountain for the picnic, I saw the cliff and thought "Oh, no..." ^^; I had my fingers crossed that it was just scenery and that no one would go over the side, but I was doubtful that that was the case.

The episode was fun, but it also gave us another moment to file away alongside the falling I-beam and exploding karaoke business.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
^ At least the cliff thing was meant to be more part of the fun than real serious dramatic moment that was what made those previous moments fall flat for me.

Although I would have wished for Takeo to get upset at Yamato for doing that in the border of a cliff almost dying if God(o) Takeo wasn't there, I know she regrets it but he shouldn't be all time " 's okay", it's a legitimely reason to be at least saying "don't be imprudent".
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it was necessarily imprudent to grab for the sweater and pin the bird was flying off with, just a reflex action. Who would have imagined the bird was strong enough and she was light enough that it could drag her all the way over to the edge of the cliff? Smile

I just chalked it all up to more of the Blitz T. Abrahms curse Takeo apparently has hanging over him. Smile

Takeo's parents are great. I guess "Are you ok?" runs in the family. Also, more hilarious above-and-beyond forbearance from Suna.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
Episode #10

Of course, I know this is a shoyo anime so girls are not supposed to learn reality from it, but I still can not overlook that fact that there is no way a lad, lying nearby a lass he interested in, would think about the stars, unless he had severe medical condition or trauma that has made him sterile.

He thinks about totally different things than stars, and the truth of the scene would be to show that, even if he would have a cover-up talk about those romantic musings.

Also, even a bigger taboo in romantic shoyo projects is to admit that females also have desires. According to science, however, female lasciviousness is not as permanent as male, it has cycling monthly nature for obvious reasons. Apparently, settings of all shoyo projects are done in way that lasses never go out with their boyfriends during the peaks of lewdness, so they barely ever shown to have a desire.

In this anime main heroine is shown to almost have desire, though. Too bad that there is "almost" part, because otherwise she would have made her move and the couple would have long consummated their love as they should have been doing since months before -- this was not done because of idiotic fake morality cliche that sex kills romanticism since the former is "impure" versus the latter is all about purity. In reality, of course, there is nothing more pure than sex. And it is not opposed to romanticism at all.

Also, there are not a lot of smartphones that would not support GPS/GLONASS, so there would be no need to spoiler[climb the trees] to see where to go. And yes, such spoiler[fall] as depicted in this episode, would definitely have both of the pair spoiler[dead] or at least barely spoiler[alive] and unable to spoiler[move].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear. It begins.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Oh dear. It begins.

... can't decide if I should say what I'm thinking or what I thought all along.

*Ahem*
Ha-ha, not to scale...
Please, please, not to scale.

Quote:
Also kind of rare to see "Happy Birthday" sung in media due to copyright.

Not in Japan, apparently. The part that always confuses me is that the North American DVD dub would have some nonsense sung in English while the Japanese track has the song sung intact... in English.

I guess it all works out somehow.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
... can't decide if I should say what I'm thinking or what I thought all along.

*Ahem*
Ha-ha, not to scale...
Please, please, not to scale.

From the preview images it looks like the artist made their size difference much less than it is in the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Pretty funny and cute episode. The trip to the beach definitely made some pretty memories for Yamato and Takeo imo. I also found a lot of the reactions (because of the swimsuits!) to be amusing.

Didn't expect anything else too special to happen but overall managed to capture all the sweet moments especially in the second half.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'll continue watching this series. Though not everything is sugary sweet... I still believe the relationship of the main couple is a bit too... too.. perfect for my tastes. I don't know. I like genuinely nice leads and wouldn't mind a series where the main couple is all happy and good, but there's something about them (except for Sunakawa) that rubs me the wrong way.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Summer holidays!
Time for the beach!]

Yamato is so sweet when it comes to Takeo ^^
Both of them were all excited about the spoiler[trip.
Swimsuit time made Takeo stareeeeeeee, but it worked both ways too.]

They make such a cute pair that it's sweetness overload!!
Luckily Suna was there to calm the situation.
spoiler[Their alone time was so sweeeet] O.O
Best episode ever!!!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I was laughing throughout that episode. They just kept ratcheting up the reaction shots left and right.

Was Takeo really saying summer is when you "spit watermelons" rather than "spit watermelon seeds"? Smile

All the hilarity aside though, I'm really starting to get worried about Suna. The only thing that ever makes him laugh is Takeo, and even that's rare. He seems to be unable to have fun, or even really react to anything around him. I fear he's suffering from clinical depression. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11