• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Now that I've taken the time to look at the blog, that is frickin' cool Very Happy Did Pizza Hut like pay to get their logo into this anime or something like that?

I don't know is Pizza Hut Global...if it is they either paid or the anime company paid (most likly Pizza Hut since they didn't have to use the name Pizza Hut). If Pizza Hut is National like I think it is then another country wouldn't have to pay to have its logo since it's outside the U.S. Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Maybe to appeal to anime fans out here in the US?
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
It could just be that. Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
I don't know is Pizza Hut Global...

Sweet Jesus. Next time you'll gonna tell me you don't know McDonald's, Nike, or Microsoft is global. Rolling Eyes

While Pizza Hut Japan didn't mention anything about Code Geass on their official website, they do collaborate with Kaiketsu Zorori right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
omar235 wrote:
I don't know is Pizza Hut Global...

Sweet Jesus. Next time you'll gonna tell me you don't know McDonald's, Nike, or Microsoft is global. Rolling Eyes

While Pizza Hut Japan didn't mention anything about Code Geass on their official website, they do collaborate with Kaiketsu Zorori right now.

I had to look it up after I posted because I wasn't sure. I have never seen one outside of the states. I know McDonalds is international cause I've been hearing that ever since I was a kid. I didn't know Nike was though. Embarassed Obviously Microsoft is.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Episode 6 was really funny, the part where the school president asks everyone to catch spoiler[ the cat and that chick said she wanted a kiss from Millay Laughing Laughing priceless] but I have to say I am liking this more and more as it goes on. Kudos Sunrise Wink

Ya i was just able to watch 6 and that was the funniest part. spoiler["Student council members means Lelouch-kun is okay too?" *group sqeal*......"I would like Millay-san....." *gasp* "Dont come out in a place like this..." ] I couldnt breath until a little while after Nanali did the Cat noice over the intercom.....I Love this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
free2slap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh man i'm really loving this show and possibly to the same level as Death note. Although i'm already seeing Death note as a masterpiece and i feel Code geass may be on thin line as i think it could fail through midway the show. One person as i undoubtedly believe that could lead this anime to a disappointment and that's Lelouch Friend. "I'll change Britannia from the inside", he said but what the hell does he actually plan to accomplish while he's only an Eleven and the fact that he's siding with the same people that are killing everyone. This dude is definitely a walking idiot. besides i really hate people like him,. Anyway Episode 8 really grasped my attention with the whole black Knights Lelouch created and i can't wait to see what's going to happen.
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Every time I think of Lelouch's friend I think of the gundum series...don't know why he just seems like he has the mentality as someone from a gundam series.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree, and in MT largo-ness: GEASS is made of WIN! Laughing

The whole pizza hut thing I think is a win-win situation. Fans get a laughing kick out of it, and pizza hut gets some prime advertising.

Now for the subber-itiated GEASS "battle cry"

PIZZA HUT SUPPORTS THE REBELLION.

I'm loving this series. It's very fun, good looking characters (THANK YOU CLAMP!!!), good gundamesqueness in the mecha, and some awesome character personalities. And I have to say that the Brittanian Emperor totally OWNS over Zabi in pure evilness Very Happy.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9 has many wins!!!

YES!

HELL YES!!!

How does Lelouch do this? Lucky bastard! Evil or Very Mad

It would have been nice to see Karen in a catgirl outfit! Embarassed

Now as the episode itself, spoiler[It seems like Zero and the Black Knights are becoming rather famous in the area (which pretty much tired out Karen Laughing)

Interestingly enough, Karen lives in a Brittanian mansion with her step-mom and her real mom who works as a maid. She's pretty much really cold towards her since her mom became such a sell out and "sold away" her pride. And she takes drugs which is a form of a hallucinogen. In the end though, Karen finally realized her mom takes up so much abuse.]

I wonder, did Carlos' first episode preview scare away potential viewers for this series? I heard it's getting really popular in Japan right (obviously), but have you guys thought that Brittannia may not have originate in the U.S.?
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, well episode 9 brings out the catgirls...I second the wanting to have karen in a catgirl suit. Very Happy The fan serivce in the epiosde was very nice espically since it involved my favorite female character second only to C.C.spoiler[ This episode was a bit emotional for me towards the end since I could relate with what happened to Karen's mom since my mom had a similar problem with depression drugs. I was glad that Karen got development in this episode again because she's my second favorite. On that note do I spy C.C. in a swimsuit in the episode preview . Razz ]
Exaar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Of course Britannia did not originate in the US. I never understood how anyone could think that. Britannia = Britain = England. Britannia is another name for Britain. Britain is also one of the most famous imperial powers in the world: From the 17th-20th centuries they controlled one ofthe largest empires in the world. The uniforms are reminiscent of European design, and, most tellingly, the Britannian flag is a British flag with some extra little symbols added on.

The part of the intro where it shows North America with "Britannian Empire" on it simply shows that Britannia had already conquored North America (or perhaps in this alternate reality the colonies had never split off to begin with). The show is not at all Anti-American or saying that America is the bad guys. It may be nationalistic, sure, but if they are villifying anyone its the British, not us.

Plus, as you get more into the show, its clear that's not even really the case. After all, Lelouch is Britannian. Most of the main characters are either Britannian or Half-Britannian. And now spoiler[they are fighting anyone who is unjust, not just the Britannians.] So people shouldn't make such hasty judgements. I like the show a lot. Smile
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I have a friend named Britannia, and i talked my friend into watching this show, for the given reason, and when she came back after watching 6 episodes she hit me because she though i tried to imply that she was evil...........i was *snicker*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10 has some really slick mecha action (but no Pizza Hut Sad )!

spoiler[Zero and his peeps of the Order of the Black Knights got themselves new Knightmare mechs (though Zero's mech looks really bleh Rolling Eyes), and they went to the mountains to support the Japanese Liberation Front. Especially since Cornelia's army discovered the Japanese's base and was totally overpowering them. Karen also got a new mech which sort of reminds of Eva Unit 02. Of course she was nearly broken in terms of power and single-handily crushed Jeremiah's mech. ]

Next episode looks like a REAL doozy! Shocked

spoiler[Cornelia might actually be defeated! And from the looks of it Suzaku made contact with C.C. Speaking of which, I hope to GOD that Karen's new Knightmare has a fighting chance against Suzaku's; now that will be one mecha battle worth watching! ]
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
Actually, spoiler[I don't think Karen's new mech is that effective. Sure, it could cook the enemy alive, but it takes a bit of time to do so. And it probably won't do well in long-range combat. If Suzaku uses the Lancelot's swords though, then the Crimson Lotus might stand a chance.]

next episode preview spoiler:

spoiler[This looks pretty interesting. A lot of people are whining about Suzaku with the geass becoming the next Kira in SEED mode, but I think that's just over-reacting to a few *loose* similarities between Code Geass and Gundam SEED. And I'm definitely looking forward to the Crimson Lotus/Lancelot battle.]

Anyway, looks like Pizza Hut is gone. At this point, it's very likely that Pizza Hut just paid the creators to include the Pizza Hut logo in a few scenes. Good thing it's gone though. I'd hate to see C.C. get fat. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 30