• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natchu96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I see the X mouth a lot on plushies.

As for the plushie itself, I always liked the bunny theme they've given Vivio. Brings me back to when she and Nanoha first met. Even her barrier jacket's hair tie looks bunny-ish at the right angle.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:22 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
A butthole is a *, not a x.

What I'm talking about specifically is in anime when they show an animal's backside, especially a cat's, where it usually seems to be simplified down to an "x" so far as I've ever noticed.

Sunny milk wrote:
this kind of mouth is usually considered cute on plushies

Well, that it explains it then.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Well that was fun in terms of training content.spoiler[ Based Sein though. I think I'm going to like her quite a bit this season despite getting the Team Rocket-style of getting blasted away for teasing the other girls. Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
natchu96

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 5:

Well that was fun in terms of training content.spoiler[ Based Sein though. I think I'm going to like her quite a bit this season despite getting the Team Rocket-style of getting blasted away for teasing the other girls. Laughing]

She always was the one with the troublemaker personality.

This is just the StrikerS-esque training routine. I look forward to the mock battle and the devastation that ensued.

Vivio says that the Yagami family attended the mock battle last year. How were they not heavily injured when the smallest scale magic Hayate knows is freezing buildings solid or dropping icebergs on people? I always found that amusing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

My favorite episode for this season so far. spoiler[I think some of the fighting between Nanoha and Einhart felt like a classic while others reminded me of Strikers.]

But yeah, this episode had the most action so far and imo was well worth waiting for. I hope we get similar episodes like this in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
natchu96

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 6:

My favorite episode for this season so far. spoiler[I think some of the fighting between Nanoha and Einhart felt like a classic while others reminded me of Strikers.]

But yeah, this episode had the most action so far and imo was well worth waiting for. I hope we get similar episodes like this in the future.

From what I remember the training leading up to the tournament is a bit light on action.

The tournament itself is pure action though, and considering that the arc's cast are all in the OP we'll probably get there soon. Hopefully. Quite a lot of matches there.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Since the fanservice in the anime is completely worthless, nothing and toned to family friendly when it comes to lolis to begin with, I agree this kind of episode is the only thing that's even remotely enjoyable in the adaptation.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
question for you Sunny. what you liked in the manga is not here, so I'm assuming you aren't enjoying this. if that's the case, what's drawing you back every week?
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
I don't know.
Maybe an obsession that still has hope in me, or an autism inside me that just wants to get angry.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
aww, sweet. I was hoping we'd get a spoiler[starlight breaker] this season. those are always fun to watch
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
aww, sweet. I was hoping we'd get a spoiler[starlight breaker] this season. those are always fun to watch

And there's spoiler[two] of them.

I'm surprised Erio got included in the mass transformation. And I think this puts to rest people's fears the fight scenes wouldn't be any good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Nanoha using spoiler[a bind before going for a full power attack, its just like how Nanoha befriended Fate with Starlight Breaker], except that spoiler[Einhart actually managed to escape]. Which was then followed up with spoiler[Nanoha managing to get her anyway].

Vivio's friends were not bad either. It does also feel like characters from StrikerS improved also.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

And there's spoiler[two] of them.

even better
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Wait, why are Reinforce and Agito normal sized girls?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Much like how Vivio, Einhart, and Rio have adult modes, Rein and Agito have "Full Size" modes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8