• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Figurines - Introducing Someone

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amagee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I have a friend who is getting quite interested in anime and wants to start collecting anime figurines. I want to help give him a rough introduction to the world of figure collecting but such knowledge is out of my reach as I collect a single line of Gundam figurines and nothing else.

Does anyone know a website/YouTube page/whatever which gives some decent introductory information to someone looking to get into it? I'm looking for things like what companies are the major players in the industry; prices; which figurine companies/figurine lines might be considered higher quality than others; and, I guess, things of that nature.

I'm at a bit of a loss personally so any help would be much appreciated; I just don't want to let my buddy start throwing around money without any knowledge of the whole thing.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
http://myfigurecollection.net/ is a good place to start. Perhaps encourage him to sign up there and browse the forums?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind that if he gets heavily into figures he will be throwing a lot of money around anyway. A lot depends on the type of figures he wants which is subjective to him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1