• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Triage X (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Oh Yeah! While it may not have been as violently graphic as the manga, I thought they did a pretty good job with the action scenes. spoiler[I'm sure that Sagiri slices the guy's face off when she chops the car in half with her Katana.] I'd usually drift towards the Tsurugi as my favourite, being the sniper, but Hitsugi's taken the role with this series. I mean, spoiler[minigun and grave shield]... a winning combination every time!

I still think they're going to be hard pressed to finish this to a satisfactory standard in 10 episodes. Next week we should see spoiler[Chikage Hizaki], and her storyline was quite good if I remember.

The fan-service this time was okay, but like other shows recently, you're going to have to buy the BD if you want anything out of it with all these steamy censors around.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I might have to check out the manga for this one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

And now I realise how bad this is. I had a bit of a list of things that were not that great with the episode.

The detective's spoiler[decision to go in alone made no sense], and he really comes across like some sort of cliché anime detective #2. All the battle scenes seem to be way too over the top and unnecessary, and all the spoiler[killing kind of clashes with the theme that they are supposed to be going after one target]. All the dialogue is ridiculous, characters are going into crazy faux philosophical subjects, of going in depth as stuff is happening. Apparently spoiler[junkies with guns is a good idea for protection against professional assassins], and somehow the spoiler[helicopter comes out of nowhere when such a thing should be loud]. And after everything in acting like this show has depth, the villain spoiler[goes "lol, I am evil"]. And we get such things like spoiler[rubber bullets out of nowhere].

It really feels like this show is trying too hard and trying to look mature to the percentage of the viewers not able to see that it is not.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Based on episode 2, the show definitely doesn't give a f*ck about realism. Poor grandma, spoiler[gets introduced just to get killed a minute after]. I view it more as an action type with gore and fanservice, which I think they do a good job at. I like the ruthless protagonists but yeah, the cop's going to be quite the annoyance if he stays like that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
This anime looks like it was drawn to cels 15 years ago. I wonder if they were intentionally going for a retro look.

Aside from that it looks like they were heading for edgy and blew a tire and headed off the road to dumb.

I never had much patience for vigilante types that have a habit of pontificating to their victims.

Bath scene: white screen with subtitles.

I'll watch one more episode just so I have something to complain about.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
So it seems like spoiler[Chikage] has her own agenda. spoiler[Kinda felt sorry for her after what happened during that flashback.] Too bad though, the plot felt dense imo this week as well. I hope the action can carry itself next time considering the story seems to transit with what spoiler[Chikage has in mind.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Well the episode followed the manga very closely, as all have before. I quite like Chikage as a character and this arc uses its time to develop and fleshen out both her and Mikoto.

Can't really say much else, but I do enjoy seeing Shouji Sato's characters come to life. Whilst some of their looks may border on extreme, he knows how to deliver the fan-service.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Well I quite strongly believe that this is for all intents and purposes, shitty. We had a spoiler[random third party show up and start killing their targets too], and we are meant to... think they are bad guys? There is like practically spoiler[no real difference to our "heroes", except maybe the show wants us to believe that our "heroes" have some sort authority that lets them do this], except that is not the case.

Maybe I only just noticed, but one big breasted character looks absolutely horrendous as if we are meant to find it sexy but it looks like she would have huge back problems. I remember Key mentioning in the High School DxD thread that that show can do it right, while this show really can't. And various other fanservice is just the worst too with the spoiler[massage scene, park bench scene, and rape scene]. This show is so not subtle that it speeds past sexy and becomes off-putting.

The worst was in general presentation. The major revelation for this episode is that we get this mysterious woman, and then we get the spoiler[reveal that is also the new transfer student]. Cliché in itself, but the worst bit is that we literally just spoiler[transits over to anime's worst picking on the new kid scene where in rapid fire we get unpopular loner that gets saved by our heroine who other students are afraid of]. There was like no reason for this scene other than it being painfully spoiler[obvious who this transfer student is]. And not much later we get the heroine almost spoiler[running over the transfer student who jumps in front to save a cat], we get a "spoiler[I won't tell anyone about the bike]" line (cliché), and then a line of saying that spoiler[she likes animals because they cannot sin]. Oh my god that line was painful, it truly is like watching a teenager go chuunibyou.

How the plot went might really have not mattered, but the show absolutely fails at making anything in this show feel organic. We got the three stooges of anime cops, and when one says something smart (spoiler[getting backup]) it is ruined by the spoiler[senior cop struggling to tell him that this lone skittish police officer should get himself to the unknown scene where they heard a gunshot]. Made even worse as we see one of anime's worst spoiler[boobs sticking out while stuck] scene.

I am actually feeling quite interested to watch this because there are so many problems that I want to play bingo of what it can do wrong.
casualfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 is great. I like how the nurse just spoiler[kills everyone after supposedly getting knocked out ]. It makes me wonder if the mask is some kind of spoiler[power source ]since she doesn't seem to care about her identity. Nice yuri scene too.
The only downside is how all the good characters have troubled past. Feels like a forced drama.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:10 am Reply with quote
This show is awesome. Trashy with lots of violence and chicks with big tits. All other shows suck.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Chikage...needs a hug D:

In the spoiler[next world], I sure as hell hope they won't be enemies again; Mikoto and Chikage that is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

A decent episode if you can get over how silly it all is, not that it bothers me in the slightest. It's pretty much the reason I enjoy the series.

I felt bad for spoiler[Chikage, with the fact that she was being used and abused by the Doctor but in the end fire cleanses everything. I still hope to this day that she makes a surprise return, however unlikely that seems.]

Next week's arc should revolve around spoiler[Oriha and her pop idol career with unexpected results.]

Last edited by Shikiari on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 is a bummer. spoiler[Chikage's death] feels like a pointless emotional scene. I'm also hoping for her return because otherwise she's just an all-around tragic character.

At least spoiler[the doctor immediately dies]. I was worried for a sec there that he's going to be some kind of boss villain cause he's just such an annoying character.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

There is always problems. Why did she not spoiler[shoot the bad guy straight away, she just shot someone a second ago so killing him instantly should not be that bad]? There is piss poor work at making spoiler[Chikage appear to violent compared to the "heroes"]. How in the world did the spoiler[two girls hear each other while they are a distance apart from each other, using guns, and riding a motorcycle]? The evil spoiler[doctor barely even lasts a second before going "lol, I am actually evil]". Rather than the delay of thspoiler[rowing a gun to her, couldn't the same skill be used to have killed the guy holding a weapon at her]? And is throwing spoiler[yourself into a fire really the best way to go out, the villain just came out from down there, I don't think you can expect instant painless death]?

If I had to make a guess, spoiler[Chikage is also probably alive]. We heard it earlier that apparently all the Black Label spoiler[members "died once" before becoming a member], so I see something coming.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
There is always problems.

So you have some sort of attachment to logic do you? If so your future with this anime is not very bright.
Quote:
If I had to make a guess, spoiler[Chikage is also probably alive].

And an spoiler[arrow through the skull] is no big deal. Happens all the time. Lol.

Not even a naked cat girl slave on a leash saves this one. But it is sort of fun to seem them try it anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4