• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Triage X (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
There is always problems.

So you have some sort of attachment to logic do you? If so your future with this anime is not very bright.
Quote:
If I had to make a guess, spoiler[Chikage is also probably alive].

And an spoiler[arrow through the skull] is no big deal. Happens all the time. Lol.

Not even a naked cat girl slave on a leash saves this one. But it is sort of fun to seem them try it anyway.

You did see her spoiler[get up and have a conversation after that though. What's a little fire gonna do? Plus we didn't see a body. She'll return with a perfect full-body tan and an eye patch later.] Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5...

I feel bad for the spoiler[idols tbh. Wasn't expecting one of them to actually die from near point blank rage. I hope the others, especially Oriha, can get some payback for this.] Maybe some explosives could do the trick? She'll probably need more than that to take out that terrorist group, aka spoiler[Wild Hunt.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow episode 5 really hits home for me cause as someone who follows Japanese idol industry, this episode sure makes me scared. To imagine my favorite idols spoiler[get taken as hostages and killed for some crazy psycho's political ideals is just sick. ]
I like how the three girls work together to spoiler[neutralize the creepy mascot].
It'll be awesome if Oriha can take down all the terrorists by herself.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
So Japan spoiler[gives into the threats of terrorists]? I was going to say there was a problem with the guy spoiler[yelling next to the camera], but I remembered that most spoiler[cameras like that use sound through microphones placed on people]. Meaning the bad guy had to be spoiler[fitted with one off-screen, and maybe at risk of everything he says being broadcasted].

Kind of an intense episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I believe in the power of cuteness and boobs - Oriha and her Idol pals WILL prevail! God, I love this trashy show...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
God, I love this trashy show...

I wish you the joy of it because I am teetering on dropping it. It oscillates between too dumb and too edgy hoping I guess to average it out somehow.

The spoiler[cold-blooded execution of the hostage] was definitely chilling and made it "real" but the good guy (the girl playing idol -- forget her name) response to that with "They're insulting TV and I won't forgive them for that!" is epic face-palm territory.

As for the fan service I am pretty much on board with Key's position on it. Like meh.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Blood- wrote:
God, I love this trashy show...

I wish you the joy of it because I am teetering on dropping it. It oscillates between too dumb and too edgy hoping I guess to average it out somehow.

The spoiler[cold-blooded execution of the hostage] was definitely chilling and made it "real" but the good guy (the girl playing idol -- forget her name) response to that with "They're insulting TV and I won't forgive them for that!" is epic face-palm territory.

As for the fan service I am pretty much on board with Key's position on it. Like meh.

I feel the same way as I find the show quite boring, yet I liked Highschool of the Dead. Even from the fanservice side of things, none of these characters hold a candle to Saeko and none of the characters seem to have established themselves as badass or sexy yet (the latest episode with the idol is probably the best so far though). Just a shame really as I also like trashy shows, hopefully it picks up.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

"Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?"

This episode was much better and had more in common with the gritty atmosphere of the manga. The whole Oriha idol arc reminds me of the spoiler[original Die Hard plot, but I'd still say that Hans is by far the more compelling villain.]

So yeah,spoiler[ I could basically just quote Die Hard and that sums up the entire next episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6....

So, spoiler[Oriha with her hair down]. Wow, she should keep it like that. More trouble coming soon by the look of things sigh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6 was a great conclusion to the arc. spoiler[Except the cameraman, everyone else survived and the idol sisters did something useful]. It's a bummer that spoiler[ the terrorist leader died as she can make a nice villain but then again she shot an innocent girl at point blank so she had it coming. ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
So, spoiler[Oriha with her hair down]. Wow, she should keep it like that.

For 500 yen an hour I would book her for a couple of weeks at least.

Not much else to say. It's a C-grade Die-Hard replay but I think they get points for not making Oriha all super-girl. But it helps when your villain is disastrously incompetent.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

So yeah, unfortunately they actually skipped a lot of the cool bits from the manga and stream-lined this episode. You don't see spoiler[Oriha's manager until the end but he kicks ass in the manga and saves the Idol twins before they save Oriha]. Also, Oriha has a lot more spoiler[fighting scenes with the terrorists], in which she wears her spoiler[ iconic Black Label mask].

I thought the scene with spoiler[Arashi in the darkness] was pretty cool and Oriha was a sweet as ever.

Well, my favourite arc with spoiler[Hitsugi] begins next week which should last a few episodes unless they choose to skip most of it again...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
I'm just really glad that nobody else with big boobies got killed (except the villain and screw her).

Anyway, I'm trying to get the word out about a change in ANN policy regarding using spoiler tags when discussing events in an episode that has aired. Assuming you are posting in a discussion thread dedicated to the show, you no longer need to use spoiler tags to discuss stuff that happened in episodes that have aired.

Obviously, you still have to spoiler tag stuff from source material (and identify it as such) or if you discuss events from a DIFFERENT show.

Link that explains the above and other stuff about how to use spoiler tags correctly
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

All the buildup this episode...relating to Arashi. Those two (Kaoru and Kaori) sends a bad vibe with all the stuff going down...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

As far as distractions go with the other weeks, it was pretty ineffective since the villains spoiler[did not put the two events at the same time]. If anything it was a trap, but was more of a chance for the show to do the cliché "spoiler[we are not strong enough yet]" bit.

The more I think about it, the more I realise this show could be better if it actually realised that it is a terrible, cliché, contrite mess. Self awareness could salvage it rather than it thinking it is so edgy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4