• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Streaming sites for watching anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s002wjh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
anyone could recommend some site to watch all the Newest release anime each quarter with sub or stream/downloads? free or payed(worth the cost) I generally dont rewatch anime, so just want to check out the latest release or new season each quarter to see what i like. thanks

[EDIT: Cleaned up the title. -TK]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
Google Funimation, Crunchyroll, and HiDive. Those are the main anime specific sites. You can find other anime titles on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Tubi has some anime, as does Hulu. RetroCrush, as the name implies, has some older titles. No doubt I've missed some, but those are the main ones.
s002wjh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:52 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Google Funimation, Crunchyroll, and HiDive. Those are the main anime specific sites. You can find other anime titles on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Tubi has some anime, as does Hulu. RetroCrush, as the name implies, has some older titles. No doubt I've missed some, but those are the main ones.

i'm assuming those will have all the new released stuff every quarter?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:06 am Reply with quote
Funimation, Crunchy and HiDive definitely will. Especially the first two. They get the lion's share of new titles each season. Netflix's schedule isn't tied into seasons so their titles drop whenever. Amazon Prime used to get a few new titles every season but they seem to have stopped that. They still have a fairly large anime library, though.
TunaSan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:13 am Reply with quote
I just use google for each series that I want to watch. Sites with free watch always in second or third search page. But make sure you are using an adblock, because many those sites run too much annoyng ads Wink

s002wjh wrote:
anyone could recommend some site to watch all the Newest release anime each quarter with sub or stream/downloads? free or payed(worth the cost) I generally dont rewatch anime, so just want to check out the latest release or new season each quarter to see what i like. thanks
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:00 am Reply with quote
TunaSan wrote:
I just use google for each series that I want to watch. Sites with free watch always in second or third search page. But make sure you are using an adblock, because many those sites run too much annoyng ads Wink

s002wjh wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think the OP was looking for legitmate sites, not illegal aggregators/pirates like you are talking about. I think. I know he cited "free or payed" but I think he was referring to situations where, for example, CR offers a free version of its content, but you have to put up with ads and a week delay, etc.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
TunaSan wrote:
I just use google for each series that I want to watch. Sites with free watch always in second or third search page. But make sure you are using an adblock, because many those sites run too much annoyng ads

Or you could just subscribe. Both Crunchy and Funi cost only a dollar or two per month more than a latte at Starbucks.
Myrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I've used Crunchyroll in the past and it was quite extensive. You can even download episodes on your device. Be warned though it's not free.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1