• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Merge saitom (#135042) with Masatsugu Saitō (#113891) […?] [A Larger Question about Aliases Abroad…]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Though it appears that he has been going under his real name for more mainstream projects in recent times, Masatsugu Saitou has gone under the name of "saitom" for much of his career. Though no public link has been made, it has largely gone without saying, with saitom using "saitom.masa" in his email, both following many of the same people on Twitter, both having identical art styles, and, lastly, "saitom" being read as "saito m(asatsugu)".

While I would request a merge and would like to tag other artists with their doujinshi names, is it the proper thing to do, or is it regarded as something akin to voice actors using different names for union, resume, or other purposes and is honored as such?

Also, should aliases (which lack preexisting encyclopedia entries) be noted in the "Other Information" field on that artist's profile or should that be brought up here in the forum, like a "merge" request?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1