• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, Show By Rock!! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
ParaSitius wrote:
Where do I go to watch Nagato here in the UK?

Nothing has been announced for the UK yet. Animax UK might stream it though or we might get lucky and Crunchyroll may end up being able to stream it to some countries.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
With the Sanrio branding, Show by Rock seems to be ripe of tons of merchandising opportunities. Hopefully FUNimation takes advantage of that.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
The Haruhi dub cast would probably want to return to the franchise if they can.
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 am Reply with quote
SBR's also giving me Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks flashbacks, as well as Gem. And Lollirock.
Hopefully they'll give it the Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad treatment. Most of the time I'd say dubbing songs isn't a bad thing so much as it's unnecessary to the story. Exceptions are if it's important to the setting or characters and is mentioned in-universe, and or if a character onscreen is explicitly meant to be singing for the audience.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Will they get Bridget Hoffman? She was perfectly creepy as Asakura. I don't know if she's done anything recently though. Does she still do voice acting?

(It still makes me LOL watching Perfect Blue knowing that Bridget was Mima and Wendee was Rumi....then watching episode 4 of Haruhi)
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Will they get Bridget Hoffman? She was perfectly creepy as Asakura. I don't know if she's done anything recently though. Does she still do voice acting?

Yes, she plays two characters in the Durarara!! x2 dub.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Will the Nagato show be streamed with a dub?
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully I don't really care about either titles, but I did kind of want to check out Show By Rock!! I really didn't expect Funi to go for it, I was hoping they'd go their usual route and just take all the crappy boob shows like DxD.

Hopefully they don't pull what they did last season and take so much. I use CR and I'm not gunna pay for Funi too.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:

Hopefully they don't pull what they did last season and take so much. I use CR and I'm not gunna pay for Funi too.

you don't have to. just wait a week
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Yuki makes sense as a Funimatiom pick, however I definitely didn't think that they would get Show By Rock. I know they tend to go for more mainstream series, or series with quite a bit of fanservice, so to see them grab a thoroughly Otaku series is interesting indeed. I'll definitely be watching since it's onenof the series I'm looking forward to the most this season.

That was Funi's MO before, but this looks like a sign that they're continuing with what they did this past winter and snapping up as many series for simulcast as they can afford. It'll be interesting to see what else they pick up.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Yes, she plays two characters in the Durarara!! x2 dub.

Awesome, glad she's back for that, she's great Smile
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
Show By Rock seems like it will be fun to watch. I'll probably watch Yuki-chan at some point, but it's hard to be terribly excited about an extended "what if" scenario. There are more light novels to adapt, so it seems like time would be better spent there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3