• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Answered] Question: Updating Info and Error Reports

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
If a new plot summary and/or picture is submitted with the intention of replacing older information, should an error report be submitted for the old plot summary and/or picture if they do not meet ANN guidelines?

I've only tried submitting some new stuff for a manga today, so I wasn't sure if error reports help speed up the process of replacement (assuming the new stuff is better) or just create more work. Thus why I thought it might be better to ask first.

Last edited by Chibi Shoujo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure there is a report to list titles with multiple images, but an error report makes it clear why there are multiple images/summaries and what is wrong with the originals.

--edit--

Yes, there are editor reports for both multiple images and multiple summaries, but it still helps if the difference is not blindingly obvious to make an error report.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
That makes sense Very Happy I'm all for making sure there is a proper way to make the editor's job more efficient.

If it hasn't been taken care of already, I'll be sure to submit some error reports for the entries I've updated.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1