• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses The Eden of Grisaia, The Labyrinth of Grisaia Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
No surprise since they have the first season why not get the rest...the first season had to many skips and pacing was to fast....so i wont give the rest a shot i am afraid.
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
No surprise since they have the first season why not get the rest...the first season had to many skips and pacing was to fast....so i wont give the rest a shot i am afraid.

Your own loss, then. I've played the game it's based on, and to be honest, the things they cut out which caused those skips and pacing issues were irrelevant to the overall story.

The anime goes at a bit of a faster pace, and it wraps up the first game nicely.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
A 1-hour special that suppose to cover/adapt (or at least represent) the 2nd installment, Grisaia no Meikyū: Le Labyrinthe de la Grisaia, sounds like it'll be very rushed. I'll still watch it, though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:25 pm Reply with quote
A dub would be nice (to me).
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
A 1-hour special that suppose to cover/adapt (or at least represent) the 2nd installment, Grisaia no Meikyū: Le Labyrinthe de la Grisaia, sounds like it'll be very rushed. I'll still watch it, though.

the secong VN is mostly omake, the actual portion that represents part of the overarching story is actually very short, if it really is an hour and not 45 minutes, there will be no problem
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
MiloTheFirst wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:

the secong VN is mostly omake, the actual portion that represents part of the overarching story is actually very short, if it really is an hour and not 45 minutes, there will be no problem

I have been reading the VN and I can say that while the anime is slightly to fast paced for it's own good, everything is there.

The VN is amazing and is really funny and has an amazing story....However most people agree when I say IT IS TO LONG! there is nothing wrong with 90% of the content but it is SERIOUSLY to long. there is just to much of it not to get burned out on it if you really don't pace yourself and take almost a year to read it.
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
MiloTheFirst wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:

I have been reading the VN and I can say that while the anime is slightly to fast paced for it's own good, everything is there.

The VN is amazing and is really funny and has an amazing story....However most people agree when I say IT IS TO LONG! there is nothing wrong with 90% of the content but it is SERIOUSLY to long. there is just to much of it not to get burned out on it if you really don't pace yourself and take almost a year to read it.

i know right, totally agreed. however, i dont understand why you quoted me, i was talking about meikyuu, not kajitsu. yes kajitsu is so long that ironicly i skimped some of michiru's route and most of sachi's, things that people complain about on the anime.

i can understand why some people think kajitsu was rushed, but it was still very enjoyable for me nonetheless. even if they removed lost of content from the visual novel, what they gave us can be understood by itself. most of the controversial reception it got here on the west, was because it got a negative feed back from people who had read the VN, they were confused by the direction they were taking on the anime and started bitching over their favorite archs being modified, joke is on them because if they had read the second and third VN, they would have known that the true route was not even included on the first VN. on the kajitsu VN yuuji can only focus on one girl ignoring the rest,a harem or neutral route is not even an option. but then the rakuen VN pick ups the story as if he somehow had managed to help all of them yet didn't became anyone's boyfriend, just like the anime did, naturally some routes of the first VN were not compatible with the true route so they had to change them on the anime if they want to go for the trilogy.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Front Wing did specify on Twitter that the 60 minute special wasn't the end of the Labyrinth story and that Eden will have some of it.

https://twitter.com/babi_03/status/574577879129853953
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
Front Wing did specify on Twitter that the 60 minute special wasn't the end of the Labyrinth story and that Eden will have some of it.

https://twitter.com/babi_03/status/574577879129853953

Frontwing's tweet wrote:
グリザイアのアニメは「迷宮」エピソード60分で終わるわけでは無いですよー
だいたい「楽園」と半分ずつです。

They wrote, by my (very amateurish) translation, that half of Grisaia no Rakuen: Le Eden de la Grisaia's anime will actually be from Grisaia no Meikyū: Le Labyrinthe de la Grisaia. Which might help with Meikyū's pace, but it's eating away from Rakuen's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1