• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spoiler Tags Guidelines

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Discussion thread for spoiler tag guidelines.

Disclaimer: All "spoilers" used as examples in this thread are fake information.

Spoiler tags exist to allow those people who haven't seen the show to avoid being spoiled on events in that show. They also exist to avoid spoiling future plot points for adaptations of existing material.

When to use spoiler tags:

1. When discussing a spoiler in a thread not dedicated to that show

• Note 1: What threads are dedicated to a show?

• Note 2: Put the episode # you are discussing at the top of your post in the dedicated series thread in the Anime Forum

• Note 3: Always mention the name of the series and what episode you are talking about OUTSIDE OF THE SPOILER TAGS

• Examples:
      1. Discussing the latest simulcasted episode of Parasyte in the Parasyte -the maxim- (TV). discussion thread in the Anime forum. EPISODE NUMBER AT TOP OF POST. SPOILER TAGS NOT NEEDED.

Episode 23

Episode 23 was awesome! Shinichi leveled up over 9000 and turned into a Super Saiyan and destroyed all of the parasytes in one Kamehameha! Best episode yet!

2. Discussing the latest simulcasted episode of Parasyte in the EP. REVIEW: Parasyte -the maxim- Daily Streaming Review thread. SPOILER TAGS NOT NEEDED.

Episode 23 was awesome! Shinichi leveled up over 9000 and turned into a Super Saiyan and destroyed all of the parasytes in one Kamehameha! Best episode yet!

3. Discussing the latest simulcasted episode of Parasyte in the What are you watching right now? Why? thread. SPOILER TAGS NEEDED.

Episode 23 of Parasyte was awesome! spoiler[Shinichi leveled up over 9000 and turned into a Super Saiyan and destroyed all of the parasytes in one Kamehameha!] Best episode yet!

2. When discussing a spoiler from the (manga, visual novel, etc.) source material in a thread dedicated to the anime adaptation (or vice versa)

• Note 1: Always mention that you are talking about source material spoilers OUTSIDE OF THE SPOILER TAGS

• Examples:
      1. Discussing a manga spoiler in the Yona of the Dawn (TV). discussion thread in the Anime forum.

The truth about Jeno is that (manga spoilers) spoiler[he is in love with Jaeha and they eventually get married and have m-preg babies.]

2. Discussing a visual novel spoiler in the Review: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (Episodes 0-12 Streaming) anime review thread.

Man, the ending was depressing. Good thing I know that Shirou and Saber (visual novel spoilers) spoiler[eventually get sucked into an alternate universe where no Holy Grail Wars exist and spend the rest of their days drinking margaritas on the beach.]

3. When discussing a spoiler from future volumes/episodes in a review

• Note 1: Always mention what chapter/volume/episode you are discussing OUTSIDE OF THE SPOILER TAGS

• Examples:
      1. Discussing a spoiler from episode 343 in Bleach DVD 24 (covers episodes 330-342) review thread.

Oh man, it's cruel for Viz to cut us off on a cliffhanger in episode 342. If they just left in one more episode in this release, we would have found out in episode 343 that spoiler[Ichigo has actually been Aizen this entire time. Just as planned.]

2. Discussing a spoiler from volume 2 in Maria the Virgin Witch GN 1 manga review thread.

This series is such a troll. By volume 2, we find out spoiler[that Maria is neither a virgin nor a witch. And her real name is Josephina.]

Last edited by Crisha on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1