• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuuki Yamada to Replace Kaori Sadohara in Kūsen Madōshi Kōhosei no Kyōkan Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konqueror

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kanata Age

Are you FU_ _ING kidding me?!

Enough is enough, Japan.
bassgs435

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
Quote:

Enough is enough, Japan.

That guy again? Why can't he be the one with health or some other issues that cause him to have a seasonal leave?. Seriously, the guy's everywhere
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
you cant be surprised they chose her to do the role, man.

cause i originally was expecting yamada in that role instead of kaori.

also a vocal chord is a VA's life so i applaud her to rest hers instead of overexerting theirs with multiple roles like some of the US VA does.

and it was cause of the risk of damaging a vocal chord was why in the forums that a lot of Steaphine Seph fans was worried when the SM cast was announced. cause of the risk or an overexerting vocal chord like what this VA is going through, or worse the vocal chord would go nuclear during a voicework just like what happened with jessica carvelo during the dubbing for excel saga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
That's too bad. I hoped that she would have recovered by the time recording starts. Maybe it was more of a precautionary step than a doctor-mandated one. I'm no doctor, so I don't know how severe that kind of fatigue is... Maybe the higher-pitched voice of Isuca's Tamako played a part here.

konqueror wrote:
Quote:

Enough is enough, Japan.

That was announced a while ago. And although I understand sentiment of those who don't like hear him again, I don't particularly mind it, as long as his voice matches the role (a la No Game No Life's Sora, and - surprisingly - Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka?'s Bell Cranel).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Tell the overused part to the dub-hating, sub-loving weeaboos. I would love to see what that is like.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
LN adaptation, huh... I'm more worried about the material than the voice actors.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Tell the overused part to the dub-hating, sub-loving weeaboos. I would love to see what that is like.

Only one problem: most of them don't even know the names of the Japanese actors they worship so much. Their only argument ends up being, "Lol, dunno their names, but they still sound better than the English dub! Superior Japan!"

Laziness and unwillingness to do some quick and easy research is why this current generation of sushi chokers continues to amuse me with their quickly shrinking intellects.
konqueror

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
That was announced a while ago. And although I understand sentiment of those who don't like hear him again, I don't particularly mind it, as long as his voice matches the role (a la No Game No Life's Sora, and - surprisingly - Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka?'s Bell Cranel).

Let's be real, they just cast the guy because he's kind of popular at the moment, because Matsuoka sells the "I'm the funny otaku guy" show and otaku feel identified with him.

You know who I had in mind for Saekano's Tomoya? Hiro Shimono, it was the perfect match, but no, let's go with this guy who's voicing 40 characters already counting this and past year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1