• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto -Naruto the Movie- Film's 1st Screenshots Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
I read on wiki that Naruto will not be recast. If that is true, what a bunch of idiots >: (

That's not just on a Wiki, it's on the film's poster (ref: http://4NN.cx/.86801).
Takeuchi is extremely iconic to the character, like Tanaka with Luffy and Nozawa with Goku. They're not going to change it. Since she fits the character pretty darn well even in adulthood and is iconic, I personally don't mind

And in all fairness Takeuchi has a more masculine sounding voice than either of those two, too. No real need to change actors and I know she can make her voice slightly deeper than her usual Naruto voice. Plus those shots of Naruto and Sasuke aren't from the movie's present so I guess we'll be seeing some flashbacks.

Blue21 wrote:
MagusGuardian wrote:
I honestly wonder if there are even enough fans both in the USA and Japan to keep the series going.

You serious bro? Do you realize that Naruto is one of the biggest hits of all time and was THE biggest hit of all time in the West for many years?

What? Are you saying when Naruto ended you didn't put all of your Naruto stuff in a dumpster, never to be enjoyed again? Didn't you know that when something ends the fandom dries up immediately? Laughing

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
I honestly wonder if there are even enough fans both in the USA and Japan to keep the series going. Seriously how much longer are they going to keep it running

Just want to point out that the Dragonball Z ANIME (nevermind the manga) series ended almost TWENTY years ago, and yet has a new movie opening in a few days.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
MiraiTear wrote:
Sasuke lost the duck-butt hair Confused

The fate of Naruto and especially Gaara's hair was way, way worse than Sasuke's. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Cute.
Tajima

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
I honestly wonder if there are even enough fans both in the USA and Japan to keep the series going. Seriously how much longer are they going to keep it running

lol, are you insane? It ended last year as the 4th best-selling series in Japan, and "The Last: Naruto the Movie" ended up being the highest grossing movie in the series. They're adding filler to the anime just to keep it going (rather than simply rushing to a conclusion were it in any danger of being cancelled)...multiple showings of "The Last" sold out in America...

It's not One Piece, but asking that question means you simply do not understand how big Naruto still is. Hell, the fact that its getting a continuation film and manga, and has multiple character novels coming out should say enough, when most manga/anime are quickly forgotten as soon as they go off the air.
Mamo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
Boruto??? really? :/
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Mamo-chan wrote:
Boruto??? really? :/

Actually it is BORUTO, kishimoto had in mind this spanish word actually. Surprised

http://www.spanishcentral.com/translate/bruto

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
So it's basically Naruto: The Windwaker? Rolling Eyes

More like Naruto Z. I wonder if Sasuke will be Piccolo the of the series and train bolt the hard-way.

Indeed, GAYsuke will make him a real macho like himself.
bhl88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
^ oh I thought his name was Bolt....

And Sarudo sounds like Salad.... Sasuke: Lazy in thinking up of names...
Tajima

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

Indeed, GAYsuke will make him a real macho like himself.

Hopefully more macho than his father, who cried, obsessed over and literally fainted over Sasuke for like 3 years before finally giving up and marrying a woman who he'd literally ignored for years (We know you're just hiding who you really are Naruto). Cool
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
The more I see of this, the more I think how much of a shame Naruto ended the way it did.

It's probably up there as the most disappointing ending I've seen in my time as an anime fan.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:

It's probably up there as the most disappointing ending I've seen in my time as an anime fan.

Must not have seen many animes......or read many mangas.
Tajima

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:

Or be a NaruSaku fan. Laughing
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:

I did for sure and I was disappointed as well; given the initial Naruto potential, the ending wasn't good. Actually, the whole last story arc wasn't, and it had started declined long before that.

Which is a shame, since I think most people still love most of the Naruto characters and its scenario. I miss it for what it was once, and for what it could have become. Sad

And I can't still believe that Naruto's son name actually means "ugly" ("bruto" is "brutto" in Italian, which is "ugly" in English); it that info really official?
I thought that its meaning was "bolt" in homage to spoiler[Neji] (not sure it's still a spoiler for anime-watchers only, so just tagging to be safe).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2