• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon tri. Anime's Human Cast, Promo, Broadcast Date Unveiling on May 6

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
Wow. May 6th, ha? That's even later than Grisaia no Rakuen -Le Eden de la Grisaia-'s April 19th premiere.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Well, there it is, I've been wondering about it. Can't say I am surprised it was slightly delayed... At least it wasn't SMC-delayed... That would have been a really bad omen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Wow. May 6th, ha? That's even later than Grisaia no Rakuen -Le Eden de la Grisaia-'s April 19th premiere.

Keep in mind, it's not the actual date Digimon Adventure Tri is going to air, rather a date when we'll get a bunch of information dumped onto us, along with a trailer and what not.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing it'll take the same timeslot the original had, and thus is waiting for DBZKai buu saga to end
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
Damn, first they run it on TV, then the Blu-rays, and now a stream marathon. They are really trying to pump nostalgia into people like insulin in diabetics. As I am rewatching the series right now, I hope that means they're going to keep a similar tone.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
It would've been nice if they simply said "sorry guys, it got delayed" sooner but at least this is something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
It's nice that we have an update of something. However, I think it would be nicer if they just said, in plain talk, that the air date got delayed (and possibly the reasons why) and when they should start airing it.

Toei Animation and the other companies are probably aware of how anticipated this series was to be this month for fans, so I find it unprofessional that they just don't say, "This show will not air this month because [possible reasons if they can say]".

If they aimed to be a web series, that could help.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Toei Animation and the other companies are probably aware of how anticipated this series was to be this month for fans, so I find it unprofessional that they just don't say, "This show will not air this month because [possible reasons if they can say]".

They were also aware how anticipated Sailor Moon Crystal was and look what THAT got us. Which is why I said: Bad omen.

Toei, don't mess up another revival of my favorite shows from the beginning of the anime boom. One is enough.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

It's not the actual airing date but when more info will be released. The actual airing date is still unknown.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
Likewise, the Seventh Son movie had a few delayed releases. This is I think is where quality control is key: Have the thing have all the necessary factors taken care of before you release something.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
MysticMew wrote:
Well, there it is, I've been wondering about it. Can't say I am surprised it was slightly delayed... At least it wasn't SMC-delayed... That would have been a really bad omen.

It didn't got delayed!

Quote:
The anime was originally scheduled to premiere this spring.

Spring Season Goes from beginning of April to ends of June!

thekingsdinner wrote:
It would've been nice if they simply said "sorry guys, it got delayed" sooner but at least this is something.

The anime isn't delayed and there is no sorry to be given!
In reality Animenewsnetwork should be the one to say sorry because it was them that said April, when Toei didn't said anything like that.

Kadmos1 wrote:
It's nice that we have an update of something. However, I think it would be nicer if they just said, in plain talk, that the air date got delayed (and possibly the reasons why) and when they should start airing it.

If they aimed to be a web series, that could help.

Again, Toei never said that the anime would come in April!
MysticMew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
It didn't got delayed!

I consider the fact that it was announced for a good year earlier quite a delay. Never mind that in this year, obviously very little has been done to ensure "quality control". In fact one has to wonder why a whole year of delay was needed to create what others could have done (better) in a single season...

So, pardon me if I get a very similar vibe here (and I know that I am not the only one). I smell another hype creation that is living off purely on said hype, nostalgia and then delivers a rather subpar product to go with it. I seriously wish/hope/PRAY it is not so, but SMC has made me rather cynical when it comes to Toei and revivals.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 am Reply with quote
I should've been clearer in my post; I meant that more information about what was suppose to be a Spring Season show will be revealed after the latest show to premiere in said Season.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
MysticMew wrote:
bigivel wrote:
It didn't got delayed!

I consider the fact that it was announced for a good year earlier quite a delay. Never mind that in this year, obviously very little has been done to ensure "quality control". In fact one has to wonder why a whole year of delay was needed to create what others could have done (better) in a single season...

So, pardon me if I get a very similar vibe here (and I know that I am not the only one). I smell another hype creation that is living off purely on said hype, nostalgia and then delivers a rather subpar product to go with it. I seriously wish/hope/PRAY it is not so, but SMC has made me rather cynical when it comes to Toei and revivals.

What you're saying makes no sense! The marketing for this series started one year ago, so what? That has nothing to do with a delay!

They said that it would air in this Spring Season, and it will happen! You're complaining just for complaining and saying that you wish/hope/pray that it doesn't end being bad, but by your current state of mind, complaining when there is nothing to complain, is obvious that it doesn't matter what the series will be, you will get problems with it anyway.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
What you're saying makes no sense! The marketing for this series started one year ago, so what? That has nothing to do with a delay!

They said that it would air in this Spring Season, and it will happen! You're complaining just for complaining and saying that you wish/hope/pray that it doesn't end being bad, but by your current state of mind, complaining when there is nothing to complain, is obvious that it doesn't matter what the series will be, you will get problems with it anyway.

The series is not starting May 6. May 6 is only a cast announcement, a trailer release, and the ACTUAL start date announced.

Given that they're announcing it on May 6, it's highly unlikely that it will start this cour, especially since they'd have to bump something else. It will likely be a Summer cour series, or possibly Fall, unless something ends early, in which it would still be considered a Summer cour series, since that's when the bulk of it would air.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2