• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Love Story!! GN 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
Oh thank goodness this has not devolved into what Kim No Todeki was for several volumes
partially

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Looking at your negatives it is something I find regularly and bizarre with shoujo. Why do so many of them have such crowded pages? I find it worse than any other genre. And too frequently it isn't a matter of plot, since generally the plots are pretty simply. For instance, I have found some chapters of high-school host club to be nigh unreadable. Haven't read much of this one yet, but I plan to get around to it.
sunflower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I hate to say it but this is getting stale for me. I love the approach, but it's always the same, they love each other totally and everything is sweet and sugary and saves the day. I basically read something depressing between chapters any more.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm the reader who always goes, "Why's it gotta end at the good part (when the couple gets together)?!" so I'm totally satisfied with the continuing "they love each other sooooo much!♥♥♥" plot :) Additionally, the jokes/reactions/Suna's retorts make me laugh and laugh and laugh, without fail. It's all I could ask for and more :D
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Why does every romance manga have to devolve into a geometric mess of rivals? Yes, romance is the main focus of the story, but couples face more obstacles (and therefore, potential plot points) than potential romantic rivals. My favorite plot in the first three volumes was spoiler[when Sunakawa's father got sick. It had tension and *wasn't* about romantic rivals]. The main draw of this manga isn't the drama, anyway, it's the comedy, which can range from sweet to subversive (the fact that Takeo is oblivious to the Macho Bro Cafe is one of the best gags).

Totally agree about the art. I have a visual impairment and find shojo manga the hardest to read. Seinen is probably the easiest, with its penchant for clean lines, clear panels, and lack of cluttering screen tone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1