• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, April 6-12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
So much SONY dominance with both vita and ps4 AS IT SHOULD BE, the best games are there, even the nightly 3ds is falling HARD both ways, software and hardware sales! (well, of course I enjoy my jrpgs on m y 3ds of course, but sony dominance guarantees more jrpgs being made if they dominate hardware and software sales)

Keep them jrpgs coming, that is what we need, it seems deliverers opened their eyes after a disappointing last generation regarding jrpgs

Last edited by Madoka...AYUKAWA! on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
So much SONY dominance with both vita and ps4 AS IT SHOULD BE, the best games are there, even the nightly 3ds is falling HARD both ways, software and hardware sales! (well, of course I enjoy my jrpgs on m y 3ds of course, but sony dominance guarantees more jrpgs being made if they dominate hardware and software sales)

You might want to go back and recount the article as the 3DS sold more than the Vita by quite a lot.

-Stuart Smith
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

Keep them jrpgs coming, that is what we need, it seems deliverers opened their eyes after a disappointing last generation regarding jrpgs

Come again? Laughing
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

You might want to go back and recount the article as the 3DS sold more than the Vita by quite a lot.

-Stuart Smith

Sure if you count all models but NOT by a lot. Sony has taken a big chunk of both hardware and software sales and its dominating, that is true and the numbers are there. Top eight software sellers are on vita, ps4, ps3, Nintendo appearing until 8th place, that is not dominating?

The vita sold more and its basically even with the almost brand new "new 3ds".
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
20k max; slow week this week.

So (65,837) Xenoblade's 109,200 was definitely wrong last week.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Bandai domination again. Thought PS4 was going to lose the top spot to 3DS, but it barely held it. Wii U doing damage.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, so this is what it looks like when there's nothing big coming out of Nintendo in Japan nor new Yo-kai Watch games. Didn't know Dark Souls II was big in Japan. The Super Robot Wars series, yes, but not Dark Souls II.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Whatever its sales are, to me the Wii U and especially the 3DS have the best games, and objectively more exclusives.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1