• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Goku Voice Actress Masako Nozawa Hit the Red Carpet for Hollywood Film Screening

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
A video of Masako and Sean performing a Kamehameha blast would be fantastic! :)

Ditto to this. :D
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
sailorsweeper wrote:
@Somer That doesn't surprise me since I doubt many Japanese VAs get to experience the excitement of a premiere especially a big one like this was.

I don't know how large this screening was but there's tons of events in Japan including premieres where VAs attend.

Yeah but this was in Hollywood. I'd say it was a bit different from the japanese premieres.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I met Nozawa in 2013, when both she and Schummel were at Animazement. That was the year they had a good gathering of seiyuu from both the Dragonball and Sailor Moon franchises. Nozawa was very nice in person, very humble despite the incredible career she's had.

There was a panel at Animazement where both the US and Japanese VAs said their lines together. Kinda surprised that isn't up on Youtube or something.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
Looks like fans had a blast in the premiere. Thou I aint much of a fan of the japanese dub of dragon ball for once, actually its the only time I find myself not liking the originla voices.. and much less of goku.
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
That video was awesome but as soon as Masako Nozawa and Sean Schemmel got out of the car all the LA autograph hounds were pouncing. I'm an autograph collector and I have some graphing friends that live out in LA, and I've heard horror stories from them about some of the more serious autograph hustlers out there. It was so awesome to see Masako Nozawa and Sean Schemmel sign for the fans who were waiting in that screening area (those people have probably been waiting there all day). I always like seeing that, they both really made an effort there, even though their handlers were trying to get them moving. Some people might not notice that, but it's really awesome to see them hook the fans up like that. Great job Goku! Very Happy
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
This must be a great moment for "Dragon Ball" fans everywhere. Masako Nozawa and Sean Schemmel on the same red carpet. I remember a Youtube thing in which both did Goku's signature move for all the world to see. I may not be a big fan of "Dragon Ball Z" but it was a special moment that deserved to be shared.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
Didn't ya guys hear? "Dragonball" was even mentioned in the new Billboard hit song of the decade (recently surpassing Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines 12 weeks at the top). Don't believe it? Just listen closely to this part of Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars: Wink

https://youtu.be/OPf0YbXqDm0?t=39
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Thread cleaned.

Keep your negative/trolling comments to yourselves.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
I was more excited for Sean Schemmel. I shook Nozowa's hand but with not much enthusiasm... if any.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2