• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viewster Streams Vampire Holmes Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/viewster/status/590240259679461376?s=09

It's available to US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Columbia, and several European countries(but not the UK) in case anyone was interested in knowing.
partially

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
This was... not very good at all. Story and CG was horrid.

Not really a fan of the format either. There seems to be an explosion of 4-minute short anime in the last couple of years. Are there actual fans of this format? There are a few decent ones, but they are few and far between.

To me it generally seems to spell cheaply made, poorly written, wastes of 4-minutes. Not to mention the months it took for the people behind them to waste making them. The specific purpose only seems to be a sort of demo reel to convince corporations to employ their studios on larger projects.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Are there actual fans of this format?

I am. I'm usually busy so I don't have time for full-length anime. I'm honestly more inclined to watch something that is shorter. Bite sized entertainment is always welcome in my books.

I'm actually excited for this! It's an entertaining guilty pleasure. Now if only someone would license Ameiro Cocoa.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
When I watched the first episode I thought it looked like mediocre fan art. I wouldn't mind if the content was alright, but it wasn't. Can't really recommend this to anyone, unless by some miracle the show gets better. A LOT better.

Viewster probably payed about $13.62 to obtain the streaming rights for Vampire Holmes.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode also and I thought it was really terrible. I don't know what I was expecting but not utter crap. I'm sad it is a cool concept to be but every it's execution does not work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Viewster probably payed about $13.62 to obtain the streaming rights for Vampire Holmes.

Is everyone watching a different Viewster than I am?
I get it on my smart-TV app, which is a strange, backwater collection of garage-made indie films and grungy public-domain titles as you used to wonder about at your out-of-the-way Blockbuster, and many of them in German. Confused
But for some strange reason I haven't been able to decipher, they also show a selection of "real" Funi titles as well, so I've at least been able to keep up with Is This A Zombie?

If they did pay $13.62, that's pretty much what Viewster could afford, and a premium acquisition at that.
r3ronaldo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first two episodes and I though they were both so terrible. It really is just a terrible promotion for an app.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 am Reply with quote
This show screams "this anime was made with a budget of just $15"
Hidders

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
I've been watching it weekly and I don't hate it. The theme-song is catchy like crack and it turns out the game creator has some nice voice-acting skills. spoiler[Sexy voice.] It's an obvious ★☆☆☆☆ (or less) but it's only a few minutes long so I can watch it while something else loads.

It's funny to think people were worried about the inexperienced creator voicing the main character but it turned out that they should have been worried about the flash animation. Laughing
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
AOTS right here people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1