• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fist of the North Star movie uncut?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YugiohOVA

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone remember the old days at rental stores such as Blockbuster. I have read elsewhere that someone who used to rent Streamline Dubbed Hokuto no Ken Movie on Orion VHS rental copy remember gore scenes with no blurring or filter. I have also wanted to know if any collector has Streamline's 35mm Print of Fist of the North Star Movie uncut. Many fans believe that 35mm prints were destroyed in the fire and the Italian VHS version is the closest they'll ever see. Do you guys remember anything? Let me know.
Souther

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
There are rumours that certain pre-release rental copies with different bar codings in the US are completely uncensored, but if it were true, it'd have shown up. America only got the theatrical cut to my knowledge (different ending), which is still censored.

Plus there's far worse stuff than Fist gore/violence-wise that was released uncensored. Where I am (England), it was the same theatrical release, and the remasters are also censored. From what I can find, all regions got the movie in some kind of censored form. So I don't think it's available anywhere, if it ever existed. Someone feel free to correct me on all of this. Last time, someone was trying to restore some scenes by using whatever unedited scenes were available from the Italian version and remastered trailer on the Japanese DVD as an unofficial project, but that's it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1