• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gangsta (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Man, Worick sure was taking his sweet time there. :/
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
WTF Ginger just lets them get away? Something is not right here.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Cyberd1 wrote:
WTF Ginger just lets them get away? Something is not right here.

He and Nicolas recognise the girl, namely Erica. Strong hint she's related to Delico of the Monroe family.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
He and Nicolas recognise the girl, namely Erica. Strong hint she's related to Delico of the Monroe family.

That is a reason not to kill her but there was no reason not to capture her. Especially since she was tag-less, not to mention she was slaughtering twilight's. There also was no such reason that would have prevented her from capturing the boy. Ginger is an S-5 ranked enforcer for the guild who normally would not let this slide and yet she let them go. That is why I said that something wasn't right.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
Cyberd1 wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

That is a reason not to kill her but there was no reason not to capture her. Especially since she was tag-less, not to mention she was slaughtering twilight's. There also was no such reason that would have prevented her from capturing the boy. Ginger is an S-5 ranked enforcer for the guild who normally would not let this slide and yet she let them go. That is why I said that something wasn't right.

Perhaps we'll find out more in the coming weeks, after all how come someone who isn't a Twilight out-duel so many of them?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Wait, that guy was not boss Monroe, but actually someone called Ivan Glazieve. Please tell me that I am not only one that got these the character confused in thinking that Monroe was the real bad guy. The characters too damn similar, in fact it is a problem for a good portion of the cast that does not actually stand out among the rest unlike the main characters, and the fact one boss is a young girl.

I did enjoy the interactions between Alex and Lorreta.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
For those who skipped 9.5 as just a recap, you might want to have a look. For one thing it has different OP visuals (don't know if that will continue with 10 or not). Basically it's a nice, easy to follow distillation of who's who, their affiliations and rivalries, personality traits, etc. I don't recall them saying specifically in the anime why they're called Twilights, but they do in this. I don't think they've mentioned "compensation" until this either. Small tidbits, but interesting to me. If they were in the anime, then I guess I needed the recap. Smile

The whole thing kind of has the feel of a long preview rather than a recap episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Marcos and Connie is an interesting duo in this series. Obviously, Connie was worried about his well-being.

Decent action in the second half.
spoiler[Sig's] role in this episode was just like how I remembered - sadistic and bloody. What an ending!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
The way this adaptation is going, either it'll come to some form of original ending or they'll have a sequel in the works.

New faction: Twilight hunters/destroyers. Some like Erica are twilights themselves while others are extremely strong yet don't have tags to identify them with the rest of the population. Doug looks like he's in serious trouble against the axe-wielder AND he's A/0 without doping.

Official explanation for Worick's unusual ability in this episode, far more believable than that given by amateur hacks writing reviews online.

If Corsica is the one employing the destroyers for his ends, then he's probably going for all-out domination of the town. His inside-man Glaziev even has Daniel Monroe in custody by the looks of things. Hopefully viewers get to see how strong the Twilight mercenary guild is relative to the destroyers over the coming weeks.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Doctor got his time under the spotlight.
The aftermath of recent events..
This episode needed more Nicholas.
So basically, Twilights can't survive without Celebrer.
Not that much was going on this time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Damn it, poor Doug.... I was just starting to like him too. Those hunters seems like they are pretty serious with their intentions and works for the Uranos Corsica according to one of their members.

I thought the episode did a fair job at depicting their bloodthirst as well.

One more episode left. I really wonder if there will be a season 2 as this episode does set up more of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
If they're going to leave things hanging as they are without a second season, it would probably be due to poor sales on the home release front. The series has plenty of fans for the source material and not going through with more of the story would be a shame.

Whatever those hunters are, they're REALLY good. Even bona fide A/0 twilights like Doug can't withstand their attacks (notwithstanding the smoke handicap). Paulklee and Gina seem to be on another level if the former can dismiss the quality of her plain subordinates as "fertiliser".

What odds Marco Adriano used to work for the hunters? He's not a tag-wielder yet fought on par with the A/0 Galahad a few weeks ago. He's certainly familiar with Beretta and Striker.

Confirmation this week that Emilio of the hunters is definitely the brother Alix is looking for. How he ended up like that when she was taken away as a child is something viewers probably won't see explained this season though.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
#12:

A few more answers for this concluding episode but many more questions left unanswered. Perhaps not surprising given the state of the source material.

Viewers find out more about the mysterious hunter faction led by Stryker and the secret behind their strength as well as the role played by Ivan Glaziev. We also get to see a little more of Marco Adriano and Joel's pasts and their links with the hunter faction.

Since this adaptation concludes and nothing of the kind will be forthcoming short of huge home release sales and more releases of the source material, one could say that the whole series thus far has been an advertisement for viewers who have never read the franchise and are now motivated to find copies. For those who have read everything up to date, here's hoping that a sequel of some sort will be forthcoming in 1-3 years time.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote

Felt like a whole bunch of nothing was going on at first.
Yet at the same time those hunters were getting pretty serious.
And Delico was looking for his evil sis.
The town is slowly slipping into chaos..
No Nico this time Sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Sigh a cliffhanger and poor Worick...

I feel sorry for the guy. Anyways, it was a nice series overall although the finale felt a bit disappointing. The manga obviously continue from here so I recommend checking it out.

Overall rating this very good still.
It was still a very entertaining experience watching Gangsta.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6