• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Charlotte (TV 2015).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz201

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Besides, this lass has years-long history of being performer, so she can not be teenager; hence she can not have "power" by definition of this anime.

I believe Yuu also made comments about the music literally having an ethereal quality to him as well. So I think there's more at play than her just being a good singer.

I also think that whole "deal with God" speech was the set-up for a 'shock twist' involving some kind of experimentation that let her get or keep her music-related power beyond her adolescence but made her go permanently blind.

If that's the case, my prediction would be that Yuu agrees to undergo similar experimentation in exchange for an attempt to resurrect, or bring about the return of, his sister and it's that experimentation that makes him turn blind (as he appears to be in the OP).
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
As much as I agree with MaxSouth's comments about how the depiction of the brother seems to rely heavily on disturbingly inept hospital staff, I still really liked episode 8.

Except the attempts at humor at the beginning. The show's sense of humor continues to almost completely miss for me. Except for the BPM joke - the world needs more BPM jokes.

Still, some really great interaction with Yuu. I'm wondering if the lead singer of ZHIEND is one-off or if she'll be back in some form.

I'm still waiting for the awful evil scientists element of the plot to return and ruin everything, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
If time travel will be something that will happen, I wonder if it will involve him taking over someone from the past, like pairing him up with another's ability.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the preview for next episode...

Get ready for something completely different.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Just saw the preview for next episode...

Get ready for something completely different.

True but even though it is a little earlier than expected, spoiler[it falls into what has been discussed before.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:
Nao looked adorable this episode!

Kinda expected that we were getting music again. I thought the episode felt a bit experimental though...

Was kinda weird seeing Yuu's sister on-screen again.
I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that the way some of the public are treating the people with abilities. Episode got dark fast and it looks like there's quite a bit of drama that went down at that weird facility. Scary..

Really interesting to see some other abilities this episodes and imo, this was quite thrilling. One hell of a dream Yuu had. Also seems like Yuu has the power to use others' abilities? Also, looks like Yuu's niisan is alive. Guess we'll have to see how they will use that soon. Ayumi has a chance to be saved! I'm excited to see what will happen. Still, I think there may be a limit on Yuu's other ability.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Also seems like Yuu has the power to use others' abilities?

More specifically he outright steals them, leaving others powerless.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I feel pretty dumb for not realizing that there'd be a 'Dragonball Z possibility' right in the synopsis of this title. OF COURSE there'd be someone with an ability that would somehow safe Ayumi.

Though they might choose not to safe her. That'd be a fun twist.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many times Yuu is going to have to 'Time Travel' before he saves Ayumi. Maybe he'll realise that she can't be saved and that's her death is written into the fabric of time or something.

I sense a Steins;Gate style plot is being developed here. No matter, it's still currently my favourite 'serious' show of the season.

Oh and what about dat casual Nao!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Though they might choose not to safe her. That'd be a fun twist.

Yeah, my first thought was "Are they gonna pull a Flash?"
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Things got interesting, I guess? So Yuu can steal other powers, but he just hadn't realized it?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Mind. Blown.

This show is incredible.

I suspected things would turn out something like this....but the way they pulled this turn of events off is incredible. Did not see this coming at all.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, that's a ton of deception right there. Jeez, it's really hard to think of Nao in a positive light after this episode considering that she likely knew a lot more than she led on. She obviously knew Yuu's "true" power and likely also knew Ayumi's. She used Yuu to absorb the abilities from other users.

What a whiplash of emotion after thinking of her sitting and observing Yuu the whole time in his time of anguish and rescuing him before he lost his reason.

This new group is awfully suspicious in my opinion. Why would they not keep a better eye on Ayumi if they knew of her destructive power? Why wait until she's 'dead' to now use this as a pretense to 'change the world'? And why would they need to erase Yuu's memories? Very suspicious.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Oh wow, that's a ton of deception right there. Jeez, it's really hard to think of Nao in a positive light after this episode considering that she likely knew a lot more than she led on. She obviously knew Yuu's "true" power and likely also knew Ayumi's. She used Yuu to absorb the abilities from other users.

What makes you think that? Nao didn't even recognise dry Pooh and only just learns Shunsuke is Yuu's brother. Nothing suggests she knew about the truth.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
What makes you think that? Nao didn't even recognise dry Pooh and only just learns Shunsuke is Yuu's brother. Nothing suggests she knew about the truth.

She did ask Yuu to take over a guy with a power once for the sake of testing something, but that seemed more like she had a theory than knowing that's part of his powers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 16