• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JAST USA 'Looking' Into Licensing Starry Sky Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
Hey, if they are going to start picking up otome games, how about Heart/Clover/Joker no Kuni no Alice? Wink

Anyway, it's still cool more otome games are getting licensed or attempting to get licensed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote
Hm. Starry Sky, It seems some game companies have realized that lots of girls anime fans want to play the otome/dating games! We still need Neo Angelique (I don't mind, because I have it in Japanese for the PSP), and ALL THE GALAXY ANGELS (cursed region barriers).
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Thats great and all but someone already translated the first game a while ago.

If they do get the rights then I'm going to enjoy my years of waiting for a release!

From that first line you make it sound like it would be pointless for them to license the series then. The fan translated release was good enough if it was the only way ever that anyone english speaking only would be able to read it, but from any other point of view, it was pretty awful.
There are also 7 other games in the series that need a translation so even if it does take JAST "years" to release any of them, you really think fan translation is going to be any faster at this point? Its been 7 or 8 months since the fan translation group released In Spring already.

I couldn't be more excited about this and I so super freaking hope that they do license and release it! It will be great to read In Spring that has a translation that makes a lot more sense and it will be amazing beyond all belief to read the rest of the games!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
Saya no Uta licensed? Hell yeah, take all my money, I'm super happy now. I've played a few parts but I've been wanting to play the whole game.
suzyk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the Starry Sky PSP games will ever be translated. In any case, I hope JAST USA goes through with this and translates all 4 games instead of just one (and I hope they see that ~in Spring~ already has an unofficial English patch). They've done some BL games and Yo-Jin-Bo, I think. Very Happy
gerbilx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
Elisian wrote:
This is probably the most exciting news out of Expo so far! I hope it really happens!

Word. This article made my day.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
suzyk wrote:
...In any case, I hope JAST USA goes through with this and translates all 4 games instead of just one (and I hope they see that ~in Spring~ already has an unofficial English patch).

The article says "Starry Sky Project" so I would assume that would be all 4 games and more than likely the After games too Very Happy
Doing only In Spring would make no sense unless it only sold like one copy or something bad sales-wise.
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited about this and the Hakuoki news!!! Especially since my computer hated the Starry Sky English patch for the first game...

But I REALLY wish someone would license more BL games! I've downloaded quite a few, but they're not that fun to play through when you can't understand much of what's going on! I would probably pass out from epic shock if anyone would license Lamento~Beyond the Void~, the Sukisho series or Messiah!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Minatsu wrote:
Really, really, really hope they get Starry Sky. I want those games so badly!

Same here. I'm not a huge gamer anymore but there's been a few gems on the horizon lately that I just have to get somehow. (999, and the sheer nostalgia factor that is Pokemon Heart Gold).
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
gilnokoibito wrote:
I'm super excited about this and the Hakuoki news!!! Especially since my computer hated the Starry Sky English patch for the first game...

But I REALLY wish someone would license more BL games! I've downloaded quite a few, but they're not that fun to play through when you can't understand much of what's going on! I would probably pass out from epic shock if anyone would license Lamento~Beyond the Void~, the Sukisho series or Messiah!

If you look at the list of the VNs that Jast has translated, they are mostly nitro+ titles. Knowing them, they understand the demands for BL games and might look into it. Especially with their partnership with nitro+.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Eh, not really a fan of Starry Sky. It's nice they're interested in licensing those type of games though.

Too bad it's way too late for a really good one like Lucian Bees to get picked up. Crying or Very sad
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
i remember i bought Ai Yori Aoshi(not hentai) from them long time ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2