• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
I'm just aping another user on this forum who went ballistic having been given a minor spoiler on plot for another series by me in a similar manner to what you have done. Differences in opinion are one matter, actually pointing out a potential clue is a likely red herring in a mystery is quite another.

Wait.... so what did I do wrong?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Let's all just take a breath and calm down shall we. No need to get riled up this early into the series.

If you know future material (or possible future material depending on how close the anime sticks to the source material) that has not been covered please make sure you spoiler it so those not familiar don't inadvertently have some of the show ruined since this is a new ongoing show. Even if you think it's just a small bit of info that isn't important best to air on the side of caution. Or at least put a warning up. Thank you.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
Oh I see what I did wrong now. My bad. It seems a mod has spoiler tagged my post already.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Wow, very interesting episode. This one not only gave a lot of background info about each of the 7 Braves but also raised some interesting suspicions on who may be the fake Brave. Not only that but it's also nice to learn more about Fremy's true origins. Her eyes though...

I find the various conflicting relationships among the Braves in this episode to be quite entertaining to watch. Some of them also seems to be a bit sarcastic and a bit of the cold stone truth is revealed relating to assassination (see Hans).

I feel bad for Fremy though. Feels like she is being treated as a scapegoat in this. But regardless, this episode was pretty good in terms of plot progress. We also apparently got an alternate version with a new OP song. Personally though, I liked the previous one better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
It's stupid question time!

Nobody asked about the procedure for turning off the barrier after turning it on. Given that it has to be the same person, why wouldn't they all just do the "shut it down" procedure? Only the person who set it up would refuse, and hey, look, now they found the traitor.

What did I miss?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The instruction manual doesn't say how to turn it off, so none of them know the "shut it down procedure."

Nashetania is the one acting most suspiciously, like with her fainting spell there. As the Saint of Blades she could probably control the sword from outside the temple and insert it that way.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I must have missed that part. So where does it say who can shut it off? Or that it can be shut off by dying? She seems to know that much from somewhere. I guess what confused me is that nobody even asked or checked.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
She read it in the Big Book of How Things Work that was conveniently left on the dais. Like most instruction manuals, it proved inadequate to any real life situations.

What I don't get is that if this barrier is so powerful, couldn't the other temple have just activated it from their side and stopped the Big Bad from coming over for good and all? Or would that just delay the inevitable when the creator finally died?

Glad to see most of my questions from last week answered. That so rarely happens. Smile I need to watch this episode again - there were several places where questions were deflected, but then got asked again, but it seemed like there were a couple of big ones that were left hanging (can't remember what I was thinking as it zoomed along).

I'm wondering if the one who turned it on can even still turn it off after the bunny princess wrecked the altars. I suspect the key to getting out lies in Hans' question about getting in.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I must have missed that part. So where does it say who can shut it off? Or that it can be shut off by dying? She seems to know that much from somewhere. I guess what confused me is that nobody even asked or checked.

Ah let me help clarify this. It isn't that the manual thing she was reading mentioned it. Being the one more or less in charge of managing all the saints she has to be familiar with all their powers. Rather than those 2 methods being specific to this barrier its more that those are universal methods which would apply to ALL barriers.

At least that's how I interpreted it. Even the LN itself didn't outright say it I don't think.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Last episode, Adlet tried using the method his master taught him to unseal barriers which failed to work. Mora tried using the general approach to barriers but that too failed. However viewers know that Adlet was out of the temple when the barrier was activated so next week will see Adlet trying to prove his innocence to the other six.

Readers of the novels already knew this, but it seems the demons appropriated gunpowder from the humans (not the other one as I hypothesised) and raised a hybrid to take on its powers. Fremy's background of course confirms DuskyPredator's guess a few weeks earlier but it's likely she's with the party to avenge her parent (I see no other reason why she would deviate from her original mission unless her mother was slain by the demons).

If the 7th person is really a double-agent, then I'd have to guess it's one of the three newcomers from last week. Mora has the highest profile but could well be an imposter, Chamo is the youngest but is hell-bent on pushing the blame to Fremy and settling the matter (justified as she is) while Hans is a trained killer yet has knowledge of temple architecture and procedures which he neglected to share with the others until Adlet was asked to recount his actions prior to entering the temple.

A lot of detail was presented in this episode, but so far I can't see any inconsistencies in the testimonies provided so far. Considering the series is ongoing and this adaptation isn't going to stretch to two quarters, it's quite possible the identity of the traitor presented here might be different from source.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Wait, did spoiler[the ending] spoil it?

spoiler[Since we saw things from Adlet's POV, we know it wasn't him, and if Hans is right, then the Princess is the only one who could have put the sword in the Dias without entering the room. Furthermore, there were some suspicious looks on her face right at the start of the ending, and while I know that her eyes are normally red (like Fremy's fiend eye), they looked extremely creepy at the end of the ending.]

I've never cared for spoiler[her] from the start, and there's just too much suspicious surrounding spoiler[her] outside of that (such as spoiler[her naivety and inability to fight well, after supposedly being such a strong warrior]).

So that's my guess, for now.

[edit for more thoughts]

Actually, come to think of it, spoiler[I thought for certain that the "maid" who spoke to Adlet in the first episode in his jail cell was the Princess, but you'd think he would have recognized her when she rescued him if that was so.] At the same time, we know that spoiler[the Princess was supposed to be this super-tough warrior, which this one doesn't seem like. Perhaps there were two Princesses, and the "maid" was the warrior one?] After all, spoiler[Fremy might not have been the only one killing potential Braves. Maybe this Princess (I honestly can't remember her name, nor how to spell it) was upset over her older sister being a potential Brave, and killed her to "take her spot." Goldov could be her personal guard, or it could not matter to him since she's still his Princess, and if he wasn't home, he wouldn't know that the other Princess is dead.].

Plus, spoiler[how did she know that Adlet had been chosen? Did she guess, and get lucky? What if she had've been wrong and he wasn't chosen? Would she have just shrugged and moved on? Or hire him to protect her on her way?]
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda weird to have cat man be suspicious of Adlet considering the reason he gave for Fremy not being the traitor apply to Adlet just as well, he could have killed her but didn't.

I feel like the mystery of the temple is being setup for a major disappointment, we don't really know how they work so it feel like the solution is something we literally cannot guess. Something like "oh actually there's another rule that the temple activate on its own if someone try to force the door open". Also cat man said the door cannot be closed, but does that apply to someone using the key? When they build the temple they had to close the door at some point so there need to be a way. Anyway, mountain sage is the most suspicious one since she was the one stationed at the temple from the start.

Wonder if Adlet could use his whistle to check if any of them are fiend. Anyway good episode, the initial scene of them trying to test out the barrier was pretty well done too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I feel like the mystery of the temple is being setup for a major disappointment, we don't really know how they work so it feel like the solution is something we literally cannot guess.

I know, like the other temple saw the smoke from the bombs, thought it was the signal, and set it off over there. The sword just drops into place if it's activated from the other temple. Smile
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
It's kinda weird to have cat man be suspicious of Adlet considering the reason he gave for Fremy not being the traitor apply to Adlet just as well, he could have killed her but didn't.

It wasn't just because Fremy didn't kill Adlet, but the other reason is everyone already suspects her to begin with because of she has done and her background. If she were the 7th then she's really incompetent at this spy thing.

Adlet on the otherhand didn't even know that door was made by the Saint of Seals so it can easily be rationalized as him making a mistake in his plan and getting caught red handed. He is the only one could have logically done this from their perspective (which isn't omniscient like the audience) with all the prior events take in mind.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Well I already guessed (deduced) that Flamie was part fiend. And it was part of my thoughts earlier that her being the gunpowder saint was connected to the fiends having some particularly strong gunpowder weapons. And is specifically for that fact that her current actions pointed towards some change from her that makes her unlikely. She has been my fave.

The most suspicious one of this episode has been Nachetanya, her ability of controlling blades means she could have done it. She has also shown some weird actions like her sudden "fainting" spell, and her destructive freak-out last episode. Actually makes me think she might be in some way being controlled. Either she is not fully aware she is the fake, or I am sticking with my running theory. Goldov spent some time alone with her, he might have done something to manipulate her, which could have been why she found herself losing control and fainting.

But it really feels like I am just trying to look for an explanation. Other suspicions is Chamot being surprisingly violent. Hans is a surprisingly cunning man. And for some reason I feel like there is an inconsistency in Maura's story, kind of making me think of in some Phoenix Wright way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 21