• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ore Monogatari!!/My Love Story!! Film's Cast, Staff, Date Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote
Lol, the promo picture looks gold.

I'm actually kinda interested in this now since I've been enjoying the currently ongoing anime. Can't wait to see Takeo go badass in the live action :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
The actress playing the girl in the manga should be sweet and demure. And this one looks like she's been around the block a few times. Just saying. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by GATSU on Tue May 26, 2015 5:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Yadilie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
Holy cow. Gained 60 pounds for this role. That's insane. He's a pretty good match for a live action depiction. Looking forward to this.
championferret

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
A slight error here Laughing
Quote:
to portray the role of the two-meter-tall (6.5-meter-tall)

I'm assuming that's meant to be 6.5 feet as funny as the thought of a 6.5m tall Takeo is.

That said, he's definitely going to have fun with the facial expressions for this one. Seems like it could make a fun movie.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
Impressed that Suzuki Ryohei put in the work to change his physique for the role, but in this image at least he still doesn't have anything like the sort of build Takeo should have. I usually wouldn't care so much, but Takeo being this huge, burly guy is such a major part of what Ore Monogatari is. This is the sort of movie where the inspired casting of an unknown who actually looked the part would likely have been the best course of action, but I knew that this being a major Japanese film that was unlikely. At least it's not as ridiculous as having Abe Hiroshi playing an ancient Roman...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:57 am Reply with quote
Of course, it's also very important that the person playing Takeo can actually act, being the protagonist in a romance. My guess is that the actor's skills took priority over similarity in appearance.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote
Damn. This anime is constantly making me want more. First the series blows me away after watching the current seven episodes back to back, then it forces me to wait a week, and now it teases me with a live-action one! COME ON! I'LL GIVE YOU MY MONEY, JUST WAIT UP!

But in all seriousness, the show is pure gold. spoiler[Making the couple get together after three episodes] is the best thing they could have possibly done to get people hooked.

This trumps Nisekoi any day.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:40 am Reply with quote
My biggest problem is that this is japanes production and my opinion on the state on japan´s current cinematic output isn´t high (well Kenshin was great) but they cast well from what i can see on this picture only. I will judge if I need to bother based on the trailer but Ryohei Suzuki could play Golgo Begins too with his looks.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
If they don't blow up a restaurant, I'm not interested.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
I like the casting and the preview picture. It has the feeling, this may very well be something special.

Mark Gosdin
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote
Sakaguchi looks the best. Properly uninterested. Smile

I think Nagano looks like she might be too tall, but what can you do. I guess they just wanted the best actor, not totally going for looks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
Takeo doesn't look chunky enough, although he's pretty tall and certainly much better than I expected. Sunakawa looks spot on. Not entirely sold on Rinko though.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
I guessed it was My Love Story!! just based on the picture so it is a decent likeness. Gaining all that weight shows a commitment to the role so I will look forward to it.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Of course, it's also very important that the person playing Takeo can actually act, being the protagonist in a romance. My guess is that the actor's skills took priority over similarity in appearance.

Sure, but there MUST be actors that play sumo wrestler roles. Altho I think the faces of the guys look like good matches, but I think we all expected this:
http://sofiaecho.com/shimg/zx620y348_858272.jpg

And altho I don't agree with GATSU's comment exactly, I DO think Yamato looks too tall (if that guy is Takeo) and not "demure" enough. Part of the "conflict" in this story is that Takeo & Yamato are too nervous to speak plainly with each other. That actress playing Yamato doesn't look like she'd have that issue. But maybe its just the unfortunate staging (for this story) of the promo image.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

So you're telling me there aren't any large actors in Japan? Also, considering the sort of "acting" we usually get in these manga-to-live-action films...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2