• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chaos Dragon: SekiryuSen'eki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
#8:

If Inori has control over the returned, what does that imply regarding the state of the Red Dragon and its connection to the former royal house? Although somewhat rushed, the scheme put into action by the imprisoned retainer several weeks ago is now made clear.

So Lou did lost her left arm. Just as well she decided to trade a trump card for a prosthetic to restore her combat effectiveness. It does put our mechanical friend in a bind since he has more complications to deal with in order to save his dominion.

It'll take patience to see out the series if they throw up more unexpected developments such as this at the pace they're following!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I think it should of been obvious that something was wrong with Mashiro. She wasn't behaving like her normal self and just coming back like that?

However, it is much less obvious imo with the main reasoning why she was bought back by Inori. Guess we'll see next time and her grand plan for the remainder course of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Mashiro is a meat puppet. There are no memories, no emotions, no sole, Inori is fake.

Ibuki so desperately whats to be rid of his burdens he will ignore the obvious so he can live in an delusion where what happened before was just a bad dream and he has no responsibility. The question is how long will it take for him to wake up?

The easiest way to get to the bottom of this, if he was thinking clearly about it, is to ask the Dragon (like he did with Gakusho) if Mashiro is a suitable sacrifice, if she isn't she is neither resurrected or a returned one and if by chance she is, could he kill all impostors around him? If the answer it yes he knows there are impostors if the answer is no that dose not exclude impostors it just means the dragon dose not know.

Or they could return to the Dragon quest but some how I do not think they will be allowed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:36 am Reply with quote
Being a puppet was what I thought of her, the question was who was the puppeteer, and indeed seems to be his sister, Inori. His sister being alive and all makes it a case that really she should go for the ruling position. After that though you might ask who is good, it looks Inori will likely be the type to want kill off opposition and perhaps a bit sociopathic. Ibuki wants bloodless peace where everyone will be okay, perhaps a bit of a pipe dream and is against the revolutionary army, but with how he is he might just be able to accomplish it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Oh poor Mashiro, second time she got offered. However, it's probably a good choice considering that there were no presumed ways to save her. And judging by what she did, it's better to get her off the planet rather than have her stay as a Returned One.

We also get some Black Dragon stuff and imo, the pacing felt slow again. Also, Ibuki still doesn't suspect Lou.

Inori's logic is twisted with her idea about recreating Nil Kamui.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
Now we know what the connection is between Inori and the Red Dragon. Funny how things turn out the way they do, one sibling with the power to destroy yet shuns it while the other with the power to resurrect yet abuses it and loses her sanity in the process.

So Siwallow's ability to boost weapons was a gift from the Black Dragon, now that his seal is weakening will he still be able to fight like he does?

I'm still not sure if Inori is doing everything she's done because of orders from the prisoner or if she's really doing it out of her own volition. Perhaps a bit of both since her mindset makes her incapable of plotting intricate schemes.

Goodbye Mashiro (this time for good). I guess there are exceptions when people swear they will refuse to use certain powers.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Ever since Lou lost her arm she's done pretty much nothing at all, and that moment of sympathy for Ibuki felt weirdly out of place. Do I take that at face value or was Lou actually planning something twisted again? This anime's never been one to go for "subtle" when it comes to these things, so it feels like Lou's just arbitrarily suddenly sympathetic to Ibuki.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Ever since Lou lost her arm she's done pretty much nothing at all, and that moment of sympathy for Ibuki felt weirdly out of place. Do I take that at face value or was Lou actually planning something twisted again? This anime's never been one to go for "subtle" when it comes to these things, so it feels like Lou's just arbitrarily suddenly sympathetic to Ibuki.

Lou's overriding goal is to feed her sword the Red Dragon, at any rate the loss of her left arm is temporary since she's already bargained for a replacement prosthetic. If being nice to Ibuki makes it easier to get closer to the Red Dragon, then why is it any surprise she's being nice? She did something similar when she first met him anyway.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

It really was no surprise how things turned out. Bishop hates power, and his disrespect pays the price at showing what those returned ones can really do.

No real evidence of what is making the dragon act out, but Inori seems to think it was the injustice done to royal family, that the rage recently also had an army of returned ones gives some credence to it.

I kind of feel sorry of Inori, she has been involved in some bad things, not in the semi-happy orphanage setting her brother was in, and her power has warped her perception of the value of life. To her the other countries really are just evil forces, her brother has at least met some interesting people.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
So Lou finally decided to show her true colors after awhile. She should of never been trusted in the first place...sigh. As for this week's episode, the action felt kinda meh imo.

First half also felt slow as more Returned Ones were revealed. I'm curious to see if there are also other effective ways to counter against Lou's sword though. I mean, its powers is quite formidable.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Ibuki takes naivety up to 11, he doesn't realize he has just he just signed Ekyha's death warrant. Now his psychopathic sister has the green light to kill her whenever she wants. But I do not think the writers will do that because they will need her as one of his choices. Why does he not realize he cannot make someone safe by denying that he cares for them, the red dragon knows the truth so it is pointless. He also has failed to remember that he does not have to them himself for it to be considered a sacrifice; he just has to be unable to protect them.

Like Terraformars this series has no problem of killing off likable characters, well at least they are not doing it at the feverish pace that Terraformars did.

So the red dragon who sat around with his claw up his butt while the country was being invaded got angry because they lost? I see that is surely act of a sane dragon. NOT
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
that classical music with the fight on the ocean was probably one of the best parts of the series thus far. That is probably not a good thing.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
#11:

Getting to the end for those who actually persevered with this series.

I can't remember when the girl who accompanied Siwallow and co. at the start first debuted, but any contribution she might make may well be overshadowed by the final confrontation that is to come.

At least viewers now know where the Red Dragon has been all this time, a little unfair when you can resurrect a fire-breathing dragon at will no matter how many times it is killed.

Episode title progression: 1-10, then 11 and 12 titles become multiples of 10. If it's a 12-episode series, then next week should be the last one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Way too rushed for episode 11. I felt like so much happened at once in a form of rush for the storytelling. If good triumphs here, then Inori should end with her downfall but probably not without a cost based on the context for this show up to this point.

Also, about time Swallow fought against Lou. The fight itself felt underwhelming. Also revealed is the nasty way that Ulrica died....

One more episode left. This show has so far been underwhelming.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Not quite the ending I expected since not everyone had to die in order for the Red Dragon to be pacified. I didn't quite like that scene with Rou in particular inheriting Inori's contract jewel, granted the sword is delirious that it has an almost infinite amount of life force to drain from for the foreseeable future.

Despite its unusual setting as a table-top role-playing game, this adaptation probably suffered from being too complicated in some ways in its exposition and world-building as well as in the game's intrinsic nature of being limited by how long the players involved could participate. I liked some of the themes the show touched upon, but too many threads at once made it difficult to follow without relying on the aid of notes.

Final verdict will be with the Japanese market when home release is made available. If it does sell well, it will end up being one of those adaptations that is popular in Asia but shunned in the English-speaking world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7