• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prison School Anime's Cast, Staff, Songs, Video, Designs Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
The animation looks horrendous.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Femdom anime?

Hell yeah, sign me up!
Mature-Kun

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
This looks to be yet another blight on a series' source material. Such as in the same vein of White Fox's horrendous Akame ga Kill! adaptation which ultimately ruined the manga. A true shame. Prison School is actually quite good for being a part of the low-brow, degenerate ecchi genre. The comedy is almost unparalleled. I haven't seen anything quite like it. With some real talent, its anime adaptation could easily leave a real mark on industry in a good way. Too bad J.C. staff doesn't have that talent.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that Madhouse would have gotten this too, oh well... Well, I'll still be checking it out, but the PV doesn't really look that great animation wise. What a shame.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the trailer, and I don't like how it looks. The fact that J.C. Staff is doing the animation suggests to me that the anime production does not give much of a shit about this anime.

I hope I am wrong about my cynicism. This anime being directed by Shirobako's director gives me some hope.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Not much animation so I'll have to wait and see the actual anime to judge. But the designs look great, faithful to the manga. They even retained all the exaggerated facial expressions of the guys.

And oh man, Meiko looks smoking hot:
spyroyo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
yeah animation looks weird , but just hearing Hanazawa saying she wants too look at you pee I dont really care how it looks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mature-Kun

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I just watched the trailer, and I don't like how it looks. The fact that J.C. Staff is doing the animation suggests to me that the anime production does not give much of a shit about this anime.

I hope I am wrong about my cynicism. This anime being directed by Shirobako's director gives me some hope.

It's Jiggly Jiggly Heaven all over again.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kinda sucks it's JC Staff, but that epic cleavage is amazing. Hope the anime gets even more risqué.

It's not the studio that makes or break the show, but the people behind it. I've noticed that fans in the west have this tendency to judge anime by studio only and that's not fair. For example, Revolutionary Girl Utena anime was made by JC Staff and all other anime studios have a track record of making bad shows one way and the other.
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Welp, add another anime to my must watch list!
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why people dislike the animation in the preview, from the little I have read from the manga this is not an action show like AoT with high speed action, so imo it looks ok.

As for the series, I will have to check to see if it strikes my funny bone; as for Meiko, maybe if I close my eyes a little I will see her as rentb rendered her Anime hyper
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Seems promising and great Japanese cast.

lazydude500 wrote:
As long as Jamie Marchi is either Mari or Meiko the dub will still be watchable even if the ADR Director screws up casting for everyone else.

Yeah, that would be great.
kamui85

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
visually similar to attack on titan
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
It's not the studio that makes or break the show, but the people behind it. I've noticed that fans in the west have this tendency to judge anime by studio only and that's not fair. For example, Revolutionary Girl Utena anime was made by JC Staff and all other anime studios have a track record of making bad shows one way and the other.

Utena was 18 years ago, it's like praising the current Deen for Patlabor and Angel's Egg. Studios shift around and different directors and staff may come in for the different projects, but I disagree that the studio itself is a irrelevant variable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3