• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, Lost Song Get PS4 Editions With Western Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
I've been playing 'Lost Song' on the Vita and it's probably one of the best looking games on the console and I would say from seen footage, better than the PS3 version in some aspects. The English subtitles have also been translated properly this time (compared to Hollow fragment).

Don't really see the point of a PS4 version unless you either haven't got a Vita/PS3 or they give it a massive graphical over-hall, which according to the footage they haven't.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
They better be taking the time to re-translate Hollow Fragment. It needs an overhaul.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Shame they're jumping PS3 despite an English version already existing. Seems like a low blow.

I COULD import said english version or I could get the superior Artdink flying game that is Macross 30.

Decisions, decisions....
Kei_ghosty

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
"Exclusive to the PLAYSTATION Network" So no physical copy of the game?
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
If I had known sooner I may have waited for ps4 instead of vita. Also not sure if I should get lost song. They took out the dating part of the game. I atleast hope it hows heroine endings like hollow fragment did. I liked silica ending best.
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Kei_ghosty wrote:
"Exclusive to the PLAYSTATION Network" So no physical copy of the game?

Not to worry:
Quote:
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment is scheduled to release digitally in Europe, Middle-East and Australasia for the PlayStation®4 (via PlayStation®Network) in summer 2015. Sword Art Online: Lost Song is slated for a retail release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in autumn 2015.

Basically Lost Song will be retail while Re:Hollow Fragment is digital only.
synaia

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
the english subbed version of the asia release for Lost Song just got shipped for me today, talk about luck. Would have waited for the fall release of lost song if I knew this earlier.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
i guess there's no dub for the western release? Mad
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get very far into Hollow Fragment. It's one of those games where there's just too much to do that it's pretty daunting.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
As someone who was contemplating hitting that "confirm order" button yesterday, but first decided to sleep on it; I am extremely happy with this news. Kinda hoping both games get a physical release, but already plenty happy as is.

So glad I didn't decide to import the games from china at one in morning.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
My theory on Sony paying off companies to jump to PS4 seems to be more and more true...
cosain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Not really a SAO fan, but the game seemed interesting to look at.

Do you think I might enjoy a bit of hack n slash even tho I find the anime mediocre? I'm up for a new Vita game anyhoos...
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
The digital only is bs. Bandai Namco is not some small company that doesn't have its own equipment to produce physical discs, so the largest cost, is paid for. They probably have their own plant to manufacturer discs. Then the actual cost for a physical release is a few cents to a dollar at most. They have no excuse to not release this physically.

If it was a small indie firm, okay. They would have to spend a lot of money outsourcing to a disc manufacturer, but for Namco this is bs.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
i guess there's no dub for the western release? :x

Christine Cabanos as Silica, Sarah Williams as Lisbeth, and Michelle Ruff as Sinon, or I'm not buying.

Hopefully they'll clean up the translation for Hollow Fragment this time around, though.
winterxsilence

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
@CrownKlown

according to Bando Namco's website hollow fragment will be digital only BUT lost song will have a retail release.
I was bummed to see ANN say both would be digital but at least 1 will be physical, here's hoping for a limited edition like the Japanese one. yeah probably not
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2