• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ushio & Tora (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
There was a pretty awful break in the middle of the fight. One second his eye is going to be ripped out by Guren, and then the next Guren is stabbed in the chest and he is underneath him. It was like two different shots were put in the storyboard, but no one could figure out how to transition between them, which just made the whole thing confusing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

That was awesome, a lot of thrilling moments this episode with more plotting from Hakumen. I love Ushio and Tora's chemistry and it really does feel like they are trustworthy comrades now Tora's even acting like he's a friend of his now.

Good action as well with the new armor that they acquired. Quite impressive.

Also I'm glad to see Asako walking around again but I do feel sorry for her current condition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
How was a burns patient allowed to just wonder out of a hospital? Her miraculous recovery itself probably would have made the news or something.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Great episode, loved the majority of the fight between Nagare and Tora. It was more like a personal fight tbh when you look at it carefully. I do find Nagare's motivations to fight a bit strange up to this point though.

Also really curious to see how Ushio will react to the aftermath of that fight. Speaking of which, I find his reunion Asako to be emotional. Short but it definitely captured the feels.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I kinda felt like his heel turn came out of nowhere these last couple of episodes. We kinda got his motivation, but it was so rushed it didn't feel as earned as all the other plot points in this have been. It also didn't help that it was accompanied by Maximum Eeeevil facial expressions, which were so at odds with everything he'd done and said up until then. He might've had his secrets, but he's not Hakumen incarnate, or even Creepy Drowned Lady. If he was finally letting go of his facade, I could kind of come to grips with his emotional turn, but it would have landed a bit better without the histrionics of his Eeeevil face. In fact, it would have been even more disturbing if he'd been saying all that stuff while wearing his usual kind expression.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
My favourite bit was when Tora starts laughing that Nagure is acting like some tough shit when clearly he is afraid of Ushio's look that he could not possibly be a bad guy. It was like a big screw you to a character acting so tough and evil when really it is kind of pitiful.

This show has always sucked with evil faces. In some ways it is kind of funny, but in others it is totally not subtle, made worse as this character did not even have an evil face before, and is not even being influenced by the villain.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 6:

That was intense and emotional!

The moments (even though was short) between Ushio and her mom was touching. Hakumen no Mono is finally awakened in physical form and I can't wait to see it fight for the rest of the season. Should be quite a thrilling ride!

Hakumen's physical form looks really intense imo.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
And so Hakumen no Mono is released.
What was even Ushio's plan?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Season 2,episode 7:

Wow, Hakumen no Mono is so badass, he doesn't care what he attacks in front of him. Such power as well!

I love the fight this episode because even though Ushio knows he doesn't stand a chance, he still goes for an all out attack. And it made it worse that Hakumen no Mono wasn't just his only enemy. I'm glad they kept some of the content uncensored (probably will be more violent in BDs). Bet the VA really enjoyed playing Hakumen's role.

Found it somewhat funny that Ushio gets slapped twice in this series up to this point. I think Ushio's quite broken with all the shit that happened up to this point of the story while Hakumen is enjoying the despair it's been driving into the boy. Quite a thrilling episode.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I think it's safe to say that Hakumen no Mono is the most genuinely terrifying anime villain we've had in a looooong time. Usually villains who stay off screen for most of the series and rely on other characters saying how strong/dangerous they are end up disappointing but with Hakumen the hype is real.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Ushio was a bit of a brat here, crying that he wanted to eat some miso soup while Hakumen no Mono visibly killed little children when it attacked an island. I thought he was supposed to fight for peace, while now he chooses to say things are unfair.

I have been thinking it for a while, but I wonder if the origins of Hakumen no Mono is from its own Beast Spear, that it could be a final form of a Tora that hates everything.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

What an episode! Even the background story is tragic with Hakumen being involved.
Felt bad for what Shagaksha (Tora) had to endure during his timeline.. A story over 800+ years in the making...that's hard to believe.

Hakumen is pretty much the nightmare monster of this entire story that feeds on hatred.

I'm pretty excited to see how they will adapt the final climatic fight in the upcoming episodes. Should be interesting.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
That was the best episode of Naruto I've seen in years.

I wonder how Ushio was privy to all that? Was it because he's the reincarnation of that kid, or did Kirio coming back with the mirror demon have something to do with it?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Good episode with the transition and buildup for the grand climax.

I wish they gave more fighting screen time between Tora and Hakumen although I think it got to the point of it (and thanks to the background storytelling from the previous episode). I have to give praise to the VA for portraying Hakumen so well as it made me legitimately hate him this season.

Glad to see a bit of Asako as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
The plot of several people managing to calm down everyone just feels really stupid. Like really wishy washy and manipulative in using the past plot to try and make the audience get excited, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Are we meant to believe "63% of the population" can be calmed down by randoms he has met and spread out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9