• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ushio & Tora (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Wow, now this was an interesting and also very important episode.

Rather than most of the week, we get a lot of info dump including the name "Hakumen no Mono", who is a very important character in the this series. About time too since it was already referenced before in one of the previous episode.

The Kappa monster was kinda funny to watch for some reason. Anyways, glad to see the plot really starting to pick up now. I think the new ED theme song will debut soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
About time too since it was already referenced before in one of the previous episode.

I think this is at least the 4th time the name has come up. But yeah, it's nice to finally know who they're talking about. Now we just need to know what his mom has to do with it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Now this the part that is really important to you.
Oops, got to run.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Ah that was a good episode, we find out more about Hakumen no Mono while a bit more about youkai in general and Ushio's mother. The amount of build up in the episode is great along with some action.

Obviously, some others doesn't trust Ushio or Tora but still the episode itself has a good amount of tension. I think the story is really picking up now with the recent episodes! Can't wait to see more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Could kind of see it coming that the old man was actually a youkai. The episode was not exactly subtle about it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 14:

Hmm, I liked how the episode focused more on the Beast Spear with some more foreshadowing about Hakumen no Mono. Quite a nasty looking Youkai featured this episode as well.

Anyways, I think one of the interesting part of the episode is about how that biker guy mentioned of Tora displaying more human behavior by some of his recent actions. Well, he sure showed up what kind of monster he is Surprised

The comedy still remains pretty fun to watch especially between Ushio and Tora.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Either this show has really grown on me, or it has actually much better as of late. I will go with the later as it feels like characters and plot has been much better. I like the serious girl character, I hope she hangs around in the future. But the other guy brought up some interesting things with Tora.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I agree that it's gotten better, but tsundere girl is only welcome if she tones it down some.

Heh, there's a reason only the Beast Spear could seal him. Now we know why.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I am so SO happy that they didn't change the OP and just tweaked around with some of the scenes. It's my favorite OP of the previous season and it fits the show perfectly, it would've crushed me if they changed it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

This eye looks a bit silly imo:

The episode felt some sluggish in terms of pacing but it did highlight the threat of youkai again. I'm also starting to like that biker dude now with his personality. Also starting to get used to the new ED song although I liked the previous one better.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
He's upside down. That's not a hairy eyeball, it's his moustache. So I guess it's supposed to look silly, with him craning his neck like that. Smile
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:31 am Reply with quote
New challenge before Ushio.
Just when you think he needs help, he comes through on his own.
He still needs to work on reducing his own guilt trip.
Another serious challenge is presented.
Great episode, as always.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

Couldn't he just hit the guy with the beast spear? it hurts youkai but not humans, so theoretically it should just kill the youkai inside him, right? Also, Tora is an aparation, couldn't he alternatively just get Tora to go inside and destroy it?

Also, I totally joked about the plan to save the passengers was foolish because the rest of the bus would run over them, then it became a threat. Shouldn't he have got Tora to blow the passengers from the front to the back? Theoretically it would have been easier and safer. Cleanly cutting the front of the bus itself felt a bit silly.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 16:

Intense episode. We got youkai action as well as Izuna introduced, a minor yet brave character. As for the action, it reached to more dangerous levels. Also, was that Hakuen no Mono's voice? That's quite the sinister tone!

The ending is a cliffhanger so I expect next episode to pick up from there. Very excited to see how they will adapt the rest.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
You know, if they needed to go to his brain, why didn't they just enter his brain to begin with? :D Also, there's a surprising amount of open space in there... j/k, none of that made a lick of sense from any anatomical pov (why tears? why not just exit through his eyes? How did they get into his tears in the first place?), but it was fun to watch just the same. I liked the weasel demon too. I'm glad he didn't die.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9