• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Meet ANN---Manga Style

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Ok, Running with fighterholic's idea (and one I had been thinking about myself) here the new and improved ANN Manga section Introductions thread. I'll start the ball rolling and provide a format. I'm going to use the format of the Anime sections new intro thread but make the information more manga/book related. That way there's a little bit of a contrast to the other Intro thread. I'll make my own post after that with my info.

Name:
Ethnicity
Marital Status:
Religion:
Drink or Smoke:
Favorite Food/Drink:
Favorite Games:
Favorite Bands:
Favorite Anime:
Favorite Movies:
Favorite Manga:
Favorite Manga Authors:
Favorite Type of Manga:
Favorite Books/Comics:
Favorite Non-Manga Authors:
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From:
Favorite Place to Read:
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books:
Worst Manga/Book You've Read:
Other Hobbies:
Pet Peeves:

[EDIT: Stickying this thread by popular request, and "de-stickifying" the old introductions thread, which can be found here for reference. ~Zalis]

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Ok, Running with fighterholic's idea (and one I had been thinking about myself) here the new and improved ANN Manga section Introductions thread. I'll start the ball rolling and provide a format. I'm going to use the format of the Anime sections new intro thread but make the information more manga/book related. That way there's a little bit of a contrast to the other Intro thread. I'll make my own post after that with my info.

So hopefully a mod will come around and we will be able to get this going. So here I go on my part.

Name: John
Pets: None
Ethnicity: Mixed (Mainly White)
Marital Status: Single (Someday though, that day will come...)
Religion: Christian
Drink or Smoke: Drink when I can, recently quit smoking, hopefully the withdrawal doesn't kill me
Favorite Food/Drink: Ramen. Orange, apple and grape juice.
Favorite Games: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, any type of fighting games, Mario games, Starcraft
Favorite Bands: Too many to name, just found this band called Dragon Force.
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate, and whatever is mentioned in my other post.
Favorite Movies: LOTR, Star Wars, Jackie Chan movies.
Favorite Manga: Fruits Basket, Hellsing, One Piece, Lovely Complex, OHSHC, Charming Junkie, Special A, Claymore, School Rumble, Grappler Baki.
Favorite Manga Authors: Oda Eiichiro, Toriyama Akira
Favorite Type of Manga: Action, Shonen, Horror
Favorite Books/Comics: Heavy Metal
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Don't have any.
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Kinokuniya, Book Off, Barnes and Noble.
Favorite Place to Read: My bed.
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: Age 9
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: I'll have to check later.
Other Hobbies: I collect cards, play video games, and love anything for the most part that is either Japanese or involves the country itself.

Updated photos:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/fighterholic/Lupincosplay1.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/fighterholic/Lupincosplay2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/fighterholic/meandarisa1.jpg

Last edited by fighterholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Manji13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Name: Matt
Pets: 1 dog
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Marital Status: heh, single
Drink or Smoke: Not yet, and never will
Favorite Food/Drink: I'm not sure
Favorite Games: Gears of War, Final Fantasy Games
Favorite Bands: Too many, maybe The Fray
Favorite Anime: Inu-Yasha (first one too)
Favorite Movies: Happy Gilmore (haha), Akira, iRobot
Favorite Manga: Berserk, Akira, Genshiken, Blade of the Immortal, Dragon Ball
Favorite Manga Authors: Akira Toriyama, Kentaro Miura
Favorite Type of Manga: Action or Slice of life
Favorite Books/Comics: Maybe Harry Potter, Spiderman
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Bookstore: Borders, Website: Can't say (I think they have SOME bootleg dvds, they list them under imports (dubed), but I just buy (authentic) manga from them for real cheap(40% off!!!))
Favorite Place to Read: Outside on the Deck
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: 13 Years old
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: I don't remember the bad, just the good.
Other Hobbies: Lots of Sports
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Name: Becca
Pets: 1 dog
Ethnicity: European
Marital Status: Single (I'm too young for marriage)
Religion: Christianity
Drink or Smoke: Drink-sometimes, Smoke-never
Favorite Food/Drink: pastries, chocolate, wine, mashed potatoes, strawberries, etc.
Favorite Games: Star Ocean (2&3), Bloody Roar, Commander Keen, Super Mario Bros 3
Favorite Bands: Cascada, Kyo (the French one), Blümchen, Matthew Good Band, Radio Head
Favorite Anime: Fushigi Yûgi, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Vampire Princess Miyu
Favorite Movies: Live and Become (Va, vis, et deviens), The Spanish Apartment, Narnia, Nepoleon Dynamite
Favorite Manga: Ceres: The Celestial Legend, FY: Genbu Kaiden, Rurouni Kenshin, Rave Master, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Full Moon, Ranma 1/2
Favorite Manga Authors: Yû Watase
Favorite Type of Manga: Shôjo, drama, Angsty Romance
Favorite Books/Comics: Simpsons, (both) Carrie by Stephan King, Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kirsella
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Van Gogh
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Chapters, the comic book stores in my area, Anime North
Favorite Place to Read: My bed
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: When I found Rave Master in Chapters
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: not sure, if I don't like the first chapter I don't read it
Other Hobbies: video games, fashion, walking, drawing, writing, reading
Pet Peeves: idiot drivers

Last edited by mistress_reebi on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Name: Sean Patrick Michael Francis Tugwell
Pets: 1 dog and 2 cats. I want a ball python though
Ethnicity Irish and Scottish
Marital Status: Not married but in a relationship
Religion: Roman Catholic, though I do sorta worship in my own way
Drink or Smoke: An occasional cigar or pipe tobacco. I have a 50+ year old pipe that was hand carved by my Grandfather. I do drink often though. I simply like alcohol, but I'm not an alcoholic and get very pissed when people assume I must be cause I'm Irish/Scottish.
Favorite Food: Cheese, Crabs, Fish, Steak, Italian Food, Irish Food, Spanish (as in from Spain) Food, South West dishes, Asian (including Thai) Food, Baked stuff like Pies and Cakes
Favorite Drinks Good Scotch or Whiskey, Seabreeze, Mai Tai, any Tiki drink really. My favorite non-alcoholic drink is Tea. I love brewing and making exotic teas. I have a very nice/expensive teapot for brewing my own. Red, Green, Black, White, Herbal you name it I like it.
Favorite Games: Rappelz Online, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Diablo 2, The SIms 2, any of the Sid Meiers Civilization games, Soul Calibur games, Command and Conquer games, old Sonic games
Favorite Bands:Nightwish (damn, Tarja left which sucks), Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amaran, Gathering, Disturbed, Aerosmith, King Diamond, Iced Earth, Poets of the Fall (so awesome), KMFDM, MDFMK (fans should know this one), Kidney Thieves, Guano Apes, Jem, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Blind Guardian, Jorio, Live, Frank Sinatra, Collide, The Stand, Coldplay, Lost Prophets, Enya, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, Lullacry, Miles Davis
Favorite Anime:Oh My Goddess, "X", Haibane Renmei, Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, Fatal Fury,12 Kingdoms, BoogiePop Phantom, You're Under Arrest, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ai Yori Aoshi, Getbackers, Elfen Lied, and Street Fighter II V, Speed Grapher, Requiem from the Darkness
Favorite Movies:Dragon Heart, Last Samurai, Equilibrium, Dragon Tiger Gate, SPL (I love me some Donnie Yen), Hero, Fearless, Protector, Bruce Lee movies, Fist of Legend, old Shaw Brothers kung fu movies, Princess Bride, Space Balls, Evil Dead series, Lord of the Rings, Kingdom of Heaven, Face Off, Seven, Original Star Wars movies, Fifth Element, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Gladiator, Event Horizon, Rat Race, Indiana Jones
Favorite Manga: Ai Yori Aoshi, Saiyuki, Getbackers, Oh My Goddess, Galaxy Angel, Death Note, Battle Vixens, Battle Royale, Bleach, Lone Wolf and Cub novels, Vampire Hunter D novels, Boogie Pop novels, Love Hina, Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Chobits, Gunslinger Girl, Basalisk, and DN Angel to name a few.
Favorite Manga Authors: Kou Fumizuki, Kosuke Fujishima, Yu Aida, Rumiko Takahashi, Akira Toriyama
Favorite Type of Manga: Primarily Comedy (romantic or zany) and Action titles
Favorite Books: Anita Blake novels, Harry Dresden books, Valdemar novels, Arabian Nights, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Children of Hurin, The Unniversity, The Store, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Neverending Story, Redwall novels, Desperation, Dark Tower novels, Macbeth, Mid Summer Nights Dream, Othello, Meredith Gentry novels, Odd Thomas books
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon, Bentley Little, Laurel K Hamilton, Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Brian Jacques, Tolkien, Shakespeare, Isaac Asimov, Mercedes Lackey
Favorite Comics: Witchblade, Lady Death, The Darkness, Purgatory, Fathom, Tarot, Ghost Rider, old Batman comics, Street Fighter, old X-Men, old Gen 13, Vampi, the Gift, Hellblazer novels, Spawn, Avengelyne, and Shi
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Borders, TSRI online, and local Comic shop called Twilite Zone
Favorite Place to Read: On my bed, in the bathroom (silence there) on my comfy sofa, in the car (when I'm not driving), or the nice leather ottoman chair in the living room, or outside on a deck/patio or under a tree (yes I'm serious).
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: Being an only child I started reading at a very early age. I think I started reading around the age of 5. I discovered manga when my friend introduced me to them. That was around 12 or 13. Since then I've gotten quite a collection of manga and books. I re-read much of my collection.
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: I'd have to go with Midnight Panther. Jgreen mentioned it in another thread and I checked it out to see if it was that bad. Yes it was, dear God yes it was. Calling them exotic dancers Jgreen gives other exotic dancers a bad name. No plot at all and the fanservice just was pointless. Pointless to the degree of "just turn it off" comes to mind.
Pet Peeves: Jesus this would be a long list if I went through them all. Here are the worst; People who mess up my damn bathroom and kitchen. It's called flushing you jerkoffs, learn how to do it!!! (recent issue with lazy/drunk girlfriend of a friend of mine no less), people who cut you off and can't use turn signals when driving, ignorance and racism of any kind, animal and child abuse, watered down liquor (seriously, I'm paying you freaking 8 bucks for that Scotch and you wanna water it down? hell no), and people who complain but do nothing to fix the problem. If you don't intend to take steps to try and fix the problem then stfu and don't complain to begin with.
Other Hobbies: I collect historic weapons (swords, axes, daggers, maces etc.) and I don't collect but I like looking up info on guns. A few of my favorite are FN P90, FN Five-seveN, M-4 Carbine, MP7A, Glock 19C, Glock 22, M203, Beretta 90 & 96, SIG P226/P229 & SG 550, Jackhammer Mk3A1, Mossberg 500 Tactical, Benelli M3 Super 90, and Tac Ops Tango 51. I own 2, guess which ones lol. I love/collect and wear nothing but Hawaiian shirts in Summer and Spring, figures and statues ranging from anime to dragons and in between, watching movies, cooking (my passion in life), playing games with my friends and gf, and being outside in nature (swimming outside, picnic, hiking, fishing, walking in wood, pretty much anything).

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyuriko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Name: Amanda
Ethnicity: Black/Asian (African/Jamaican, Chinese/Indian -- also, a small amount of Caucasian, English and Spanish to be specific.)
Marital Status: Single and not looking
Religion: Christianity (Catholic)
Drink or Smoke: No
Favorite Food/Drink: Chinese, Italian, Japanese sweets, onigiri, crab, strawberry/vanilla shake, juice
Favorite Games: Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokémon, Mario Bros.
Favorite Bands: Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, w-inds, Lin Jun Jie, Liang Jing Ru
Favorite Anime: Rurouni Kenshin, The Prince of Tennis, Gintama, Peacemaker Kurogane, Pokémon, Yuugiou!, Azumanga Daioh
Favorite Movies: Anastasia, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings
Favorite Manga: Rurouni Kenshin, The Prince of Tennis, Gintama, Mr. Fullswing, Peacemaker (Shinsengumi Imon and Kurogane)
Favorite Manga Authors: Watsuki Nobuhiro, Koge Donbo, Kosaka Rito
Favorite Type of Manga: shonen, historical
Favorite Books/Comics: Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, Artemis Fowl, Archie Comics
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: J.K. Rowling, Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Borders, Suncoast, Best Buy
Favorite Place to Read: Anywhere, but school in particular
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: I want to say around nine or ten? I can't remember.
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: Evangelion: Angelic Days Neutral
Other Hobbies: karaoke, cosplay, web design
Pet Peeves: stupid/ignorant/rude people (especially online)
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Name: Lydia

Pets: None. We had to put our last dog to sleep Sept. 2006...she's still missed. She was a Jack Russel terrier mix previous dogs were Vizslas

Ethnicity: American

Marital Status: Depressingly Single

Religion: God Exists

Drink or Smoke: No

Favorite Food/Drink: Classic coke

Favorite Games: Right now the puzzles on Gaiaonline. I have no hand eye coordination and my speed is Tetris anyway.

Favorite Bands: Duran Duran and several Country artists

Favorite Anime: Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yugi, Ceres

Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Indiana Jones Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter

Favorite Manga: Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yugi, Ceres and Fruits Basket

Favorite Manga Authors: Yuu Watase, CLAMP and anyone who writes/draws a good story.

Favorite Type of Manga: Fantasies with a love story. Action works well to. It really all depends. I'm fickle.

Favorite Books/Comics: Honor Harrington series, Valdemar series, Elemental Mages, The Belagariad & Mallorean, Liad

Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Mercedes Lackey, David Weber, David Eddings, Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, Sharon Lee & Steve Miller

Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: B. Dalton and The Right Stuf, International

Favorite Place to Read: In my comfy chair at home

When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: I started reading books probably around the age of 2. I've had a library card for YEARS! I started reading manga in 1998 when I discovered Sailor Moon.

Worst Manga/Book You've Read: The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordon.

Other Hobbies: Reading, watching TV

Pet Peeves: People who talk on the damn cell phone but still expect you to help them. Even worse, people who talk on the damn cell phone while going to the bathroom.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
[redacted]

Last edited by SharinganEyes92 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Do you like brie cheese, psycho? mmmm Brie. You've never had cheese until you had brie.
DarkWarLord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Name: Daniel
Ethnicity: 50% Italian, 25% Mexican and French
Marital Status: Single
Religion: Christianity
Drink or Smoke: no/no
Favorite Food/Drink: I just like food in general. Mexican food is always good though.
Favorite Games: I play basically any type of video games. Mostly RPGs and FPSs though.
Favorite Bands: WAY too many to name. I like metal, death metal, power metal, hardcore, metalcore, thrash, black metal.... list goes on.
Favorite Anime: I don't watch much anime, I'd have to say Wolf's Rain, FMA, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, and probably some others I can't think of at the moment.
Favorite Movies: I can never think of these when I'm asked, I really liked Pay it Forward though.
Favorite Manga: I won't name them all, since they're on my manga list. Blade of the Immortal, Death Note, Ceres: Celestial Legend, Domu, Ohikkoshi, etc.
Favorite Manga Authors: I rarely look at the author, unless I REALLY like the book.
Favorite Type of Manga: I'm open to reading any type of manga. So far I haven't found a genre I don't like.
Favorite Books/Comics: I don't really read books or comics.
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Nadda
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Borders / ecampus.com
Favorite Place to Read: In my room on my bed.
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: I started reading manga when I was 13 or 14ish.
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: Happy Lesson... I forgot why exactly, it just sucked overall.
Other Hobbies: Skating with my friends, playing video games
Pet Peeves: I mostly just hate people that lie to me.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quote
Name: Jeff

Pets: Dog and cat - one of each.

Ethnicity: British, Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Welsh (or in other words, Western European mutt)

Marital Status: single

Religion: Roman Catholic, though lapsed

Drink or Smoke: I don't smoke, but I'll take a drink for the following reasons: 1) socializing, 2) my birthday, 3) New Year's

Favorite Food/Drink: Chinese, pizza, the occasional Fuddrucker's hamburger, with a Coke to wash it down with.

Favorite Games: Older RPGs (Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Link's Awakening, Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Dragon Warrior)

Favorite Bands: Whatever/whoever I'm listening to is fine with me.

Favorite Anime: Azumanga Daioh, Berserk, Boogiepop Phantom, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, Haibane Renmei, Key the Metal Idol, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Now and Then, Here and There, Texhnolyze.

Favorite Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, The Green Mile, Stand by Me, Sin City, Kill Bill

Favorite Manga: Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Excel Saga, Cromartie High School. Neon Genesis Evangelion (despite it's tendency to ripoff the anime, there's something about it that I like... just can't put a finger on it).

Favorite Manga Authors: I usually remember the names of the manga I like, not the authors... Anime smile + sweatdrop.

Favorite Type of Manga: Slice-of-life, comedy, action-adventure.

Favorite Books/Comics: The Dark Tower series.

Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Stephen King mostly, along with Robin Cook and Michael Crichton.

Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: The Right Stuf International, Borders/Waldenbooks.

Favorite Place to Read: The bed and the recliner.

When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: Somewhere between 2003-04, I just don't remember.

Worst Manga/Book You've Read: Manga: Gacha Gacha. Book: I've never found a book that was so bad that it just stuck with me.

Other Hobbies: Georgetown Hoyas basketball, MLB, currency collecting, geology, history, writing.

Pet Peeves: Drivers who feel that they're above other law-abiding drivers, and act on that belief; People who stand in line for five minutes and still have no clue as to what they want; Those that won't work for what they want.[/b]

Last edited by NGE1113 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
mistress_reebi wrote:
Do you like brie cheese, psycho? mmmm Brie. You've never had cheese until you had brie.

I actually just bought an $8.39 piece of French Brie from Whole Foods today. Let it warm up to room temp and then spread it on a baguette to go with dinner. Damn that was good. I also bought a piece of Danish Havarti and Spanish Mahon there today as well. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to most things but not my food or alcohol. If I'm going to ingest something into my body I want it not to be bottom of the barrel crap.

b]NGE111[/b] you really should come visit the area I live then. The freaking county cops here are f'ing a'holes. They go minimum 10 over the speed limit and fly in and out of lanes constantly and the turn signals must be optional in their car models because they sure as hell never use them. This isn't just my ramblings. They're so hard up for recruits due to expansions and more building in Anne Arundel county that they'll pass anyone through the academy. Even cadets who show anger problems and fail their psych exam. This is truth and I know it because my dad was a cop and one of the many cop friends we have is an instructor at the academy and wrote a 5 page single spaced letter to the head of the academy about why Cadet A should not graduate. Failing his psych exam was one reason, formally belonging to a neo nazi group was another. He's a corporal now.
Truered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quote
Name: Craig (Truered)
Pets: One Black labrador, nine, recently had cancer removed from his cheek. Named Alfie.
Ethnicity: English/British
Marital Status: Ha!
Religion: Occasional christian?
Drink or Smoke: Vodka. No smokey.
Favorite Food/Drink: Chocolate, turkey (with gravy). Cola, Vodka
Favorite Games: PES, Gears of War, Dino Crisis 2
Favorite Bands: My music listening is a mish mash from anime tracks to Bruce Sprinsteen to X-Japan
Favorite Anime: Evangelion, Naruto, Excel Saga
Favorite Movies: Jurassic Park, LoTR trilogy, zombie films, Die Hard, T2 etc
Favorite Manga: In no order: Yotsuba, School Rumble, Claymore, Gunslinger Girl, Azumanga Daioh, Naruto, Bleach, Battle Royale and Evangelion
Favorite Manga Authors: I never really focus on the authors... Crying or Very sad
Favorite Type of Manga: Comedy, action, part school life/coming of age.
Favorite Books/Comics: Don't read comics. Jurassic Park, Lost World, Watchers, Sphere
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Michael Crichton, Dean Koontz
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Waterstones (my only bloody bookstore) Amazon
Favorite Place to Read: My bed, the chair in the front room
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: 17- a few months ago
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: I usully preview manga before buying, so worst is probably Dr. Slump. I've been stuck on the same chapter in the third Dark Tower book for a year
Other Hobbies: Writing (occasional fanfiction), relaxing to music, Procrastination
Pet Peeves: Drivers my age who have to speed, mothers and kids who take up the whole pathway and expect you to move, English weather (too wet/hot), my own lack of confidence in social situations. Spending far too much time writing this.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
b]NGE111[/b] you really should come visit the area I live then...

I will admit, psycho, that these cops are in a league of their own compared to what I've seen in Northern Virginia. This only relates to police cruisers, though; what you've described is just a normal trip with whoever else is on the round around here. Lost two rear bumpers from tailgaters, in addition to nearly being nipped in crosswalks several times. Just waiting for the day when I can move out to a slightly less-crowded area*.

And before I forgot, two moves movie to throw onto the list: Sin City, Kill Bill (though the second half had its weak points...)

*Fairax County's motto: "Now working on cramming in two million people."
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 am Reply with quote
Name: Anki
Pets: My family has a long-haired orange and white cat named Winston.
Ethnicity: American mutt (largely of Northwestern European descent)
Marital Status: single
Religion: Latter-Day Saint (Mormon)
Drink or Smoke: neither, ever
Favorite Food/Drink: I like pretty much anything in the food department, but I'm particularly fond of Japanese cuisine. Prefered drink of choice is water.
Favorite Games: Various and sundry RPGs (console, PC, and paper pencil varieties), Trivial Pursuit, Boggle, Tetris
Favorite Bands: At the moment I'm rather fond of Blackmore's Night, Loreena McKennitt, can/goo, October Project, and Nightwish, plus a number of New Age artists.
Favorite Anime: 12 Kingdoms, Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yugi, La Corda d'Oro, Escaflowne, Slayers, One Piece
Favorite Movies: Pride & Prejudice, Serenity, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service
Favorite Manga: Black Cat, Prince of Tennis, La Corda d'Oro, Red River, From Far Away, Saiyuki, Hana Kimi, Eyeshield 21, xxxHolic, W Juliet, Penguin Revolution, Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden, Fruits Basket
Favorite Manga Authors: Kyoko Hikawa, Hisaya Nakajo, Kentaro Yabuki, Chie Shinohara, Kazuya Minekura, Eiichiro Oda, and Takeshi Konomi among others
Favorite Type of Manga: I have a preference towards shojo/josei series, but I also enjoy shonen series. Really I like anything with a story and characters that attract my attention and interest.
Favorite Books/Comics: Miles Vorkosigan Adventures, Valdemar, The Belgariad, Drizzt Do'Urden series, Harry Dresden, Harry Potter, Abhorsen Trilogy, Redwall, Inverloch, Pride & Prejudice, fantasy and science fiction in general
Favorite Non-Manga Authors: Lois McMaster Bujold, Brian Jacques, David Eddings, R.A. Salvatore, Tamora Pierce, Jane Austen, Sherwood Smith, Robin McKinley, Patricia C. Wrede, Patricia A. McKillip, Garth Nix, Shanna Swendson... I could keep going for a while. What can I say; I like to read a lot.
Favorite Bookstore/Website To Buy From: Barnes & Noble or Borders get about equal business from me. I'll also shop at Amazon, SFBC, and TRSI (on occasion; I use them mostly for anime)
Favorite Place to Read: I'll read pretty much anywhere, but I generally like to curl up on a couch or in some comfy chair.
When Did You Start Reading Manga/Books: I started reading when I was six or seven, but I got into manga when I was about eighteen.
Worst Manga/Book You've Read: On the manga front, I was incredibly disappointed with Girl Got Game. On the book front...hard to say.
Other Hobbies: Writing, art, knitting, counted cross-stitch, walking, cooking, web-design, working puzzles, and sleeping.
Pet Peeves: Poor grammar usage by people who really should know better (in writing more than speaking).

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 18