• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Actually, I Am… (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Wow, what a turn of events! I hope they don't plan to downplay it or brush it off.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
[b]Wow, what a turn of events! I hope they don't plan to downplay it or brush it off.

I really hope not. From the beginning we've been shipping Asahi and Youko together and almost expecting them to end up with each other by the end. It would make for a heck of a twist if Asahi and Nagisa were the two left standing at the end... Make it happen Author, she's best girl anyway!
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Naaah, Youko is still the best girl. Youko x Asahi OTP. Razz

I just hope they don't completely dodge this situation somehow. Like if Nagisa were to punch Asahi unconscious and Asahi would forget the whole thing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I was going to post in the Review thread, but 90% of that is every detail about how the anime is different from the manga, so not much real discussion about the anime there and semi-spoilers abound. So I know what sorts of replies I'd get to this there.

Has anyone else gotten a sense that Asahi's friends kinda know something's off about Youko (except for ero-kun, who can't see anything past boobs and butts)? I can't put my finger on it, but the way they were acting in the restaurant seemed like they were amused by all his attempts not to be leaky basket-kun, when the cat, or at least its tail, was already out of the bag. Probably just me...
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Has anyone else gotten a sense that Asahi's friends kinda know something's off about Youko (except for ero-kun, who can't see anything past boobs and butts)? I can't put my finger on it, but the way they were acting in the restaurant seemed like they were amused by all his attempts not to be leaky basket-kun, when the cat, or at least its tail, was already out of the bag. Probably just me...

That is certainly a valid interpretation of their conversation in the cafe, though the more mundane explanation that they are just trying to help push the relationship along is valid as well. I think your interpretation makes for a better friendship between them, so I hope that turns out to be true.

Cam0 wrote:
Naaah, Youko is still the best girl. Youko x Asahi OTP. Razz

Heresy! Best girl was the first to confess. Mad

Last edited by Raftina on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
50/50, some of those end quizzes can be quite funny. And weirdly related, I wonder what happened to the panties?

I really like parts of this series. Notable scene of the episode being the principal scene of her awful job at teasing. Creating copies of the glasses but the actual pair obviously on her face, and the creating clones and forgetting to put the glasses on them. Or the message of short skirts and then him thinking Youko hated him, they are largely underused characters.

I think his friends more than actually knowing something, they respect if he is trying to protect someone by lying, so they do not pry. Be real bros.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Mm. I thought Nagisa in a yutaka looked cute although is it just me or does she seems a bit nervous on that "date"? Their date looked like fun though. I just find it funny once she realized that they were on a "date". And Shiragami kinda blew her cover LOL

One important thing though is that I think Shiragami also became a bit conscious at seeing that. The Shiragami/Kuromine clones were silly in the second half.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Why? Why? Why?

Why are they prolonging the inevitable and even before that have the nerve to tease us with something that's not going to happen! After watching this weeks 'Snow White with the Red Hair', I really hate Harem anime's sometimes and their multiple girl romance options.

So Nagisa looked incredibly adorable in her yukata and I'm so glad that she accepted that she 'Is in Love' with Asahi... the one-way hug was perfect.

Akane finally does what I've been wanting her to do since her introduction to the show. The YoukoxAsahi clones were not only hilarious to watch but at last drove home to Shiragami that she too does actually love Kuromine.

But then the ending came and I furiously shook my hand at the screen, shouting many obscene words as the credits rolled... Another week to go!
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
They did end up kind of downplaying the whole confession thing. I was expecting it though so I'm not all that disappointed.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Akane finally does what I've been wanting her to do since her introduction to the show.!

This episode turned me into an Akane fan. Who else could troll Shiagami so masterfully?

But I suspect we are being set up for a harem ending here.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Akane's god devil tier trolling was fun.

Wondered for a second why Shiho was wearing a goofy looking cap, before realising that it is probably a logical defence against accidents at night.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
50/50, some of those end quizzes can be quite funny. And weirdly related, I wonder what happened to the panties?

Well, now we know. Smile The gods took pity on them and made them a constellation.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Well, now we know. Smile The gods took pity on them and made them a constellation.

Laughing Took me a moment to get that.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
You have to respect a man who will just lie there and let his eyeballs freeze, rather than risk wasting more ice cream than necessary.

HaruhiToy wrote:
But I suspect we are being set up for a harem ending here.

I don't think Asahi's built for that. I think I'd feel bad for him should that come to pass.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Somehow, I found that shovel chasing scene to be both funny and emotional this episode. Ha, obviously Nagisa has a thing for Kuromine. And anyways, this episode sets up for the finale. In the meantime, more Akane which is funny:

Looking forward to the finale somewhat. I hope they don't mess it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7