• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Merge: Rina Dendō (#101311) -> Yuna Yoshino (#134636)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
When I went to add the picture for the seiyuu Yuna Yoshino, I noticed that the filename on her official profile didn't match: "dendo_r.png". Made me think that she is possibly the same person as Rina Dendō.

Now I notice in the credits for Maria the Virgin Witch that Dendō voiced the role of Vera up until episode 5, but starting in episode 7, the role is credited to Yuna Yoshino. That, taken with the above info, seems to imply that it's the same person who started using a new name mid-series. I haven't watched the series, though, or tried to compare voices.

Doesn't look like there's anything else officially. Her profile as Yoshino doesn't list any roles at all yet, and the birthday and hometown can't be compared since that info was never released when she was Dendō. So may wait for some more proof even though there's pretty compelling evidence above. In any case, the reading for Dendō is at least confirmed in this article, so some of the mistaken readings such as Rina Tendō and Rina Tagashira (currently purged) can be merged to Dendō in the mean time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1