• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
That doesn't mean they won't get to it in the future eventually. They're working on the most important things now, like getting their users reloaded into the system. Once that's done they can start working on other projects based off of the feedback we're providing them now. Some features won't be exactly the same, but they'll do their best to provide us the features and service we're requesting.

Ah, another suggestion, shawne, when you click on a link for an item, is it possible on the item's page to put other items related to it (i.e. the next volumes of the manga)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Missing Features from old site:
- Percent discount from MSRP is not listed next to the price
- There is no alphabetical filter (example: All DVDs starting with 'A')
- There is no option to view all results in a text list on one page

Feature request:
- For DVDs/BDs there should be filters for (D), (S), (Hyb), and LiveAction

Also, I got an "Adult Material" warning when I clicked on Certain Scientific Railgun, A Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb). Is this intentional?

willag wrote:
Just change the 48 to 100 and wallah!

voilà
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, with all due respect willag, you don't work for TRSI. Don't go answering things as if what you say is fact. The facts are that the site is not working like it used to. Let TRSI answer what they are or are not going to address.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
You're right, it's not my place to butt in. It wasn't my intent to claim they would specifically address your issues. But based upon the way shawne is going around to different sites and saying that he's collecting feedback makes me believe he will try to implement what makes sense.

shawnek wrote:
We added a lot of features and have some we are pursuing. What you expect people want isn't always what they do. This was a massive system changeover for us we've been working on for many years, and the creaky architecture of old just wasn't cutting it any more. As we work the bugs out we will also be working on adding more features and taking input on what people would like. We have a roadmap, but there's a lot of stuff to do and we want people to be able to be pleased with their experience. May be rocky for a bit, but that doesn't mean we're not listening.

shawnek wrote:
Rev. Doc wrote:
A lot of my ordering has been based on the ease of which RightStuf supplied that type of information to me. I will have to rely more on this site for that in the future I guess. A lot of the improvements seem to be a more round about way of getting info than in the past.

We will continue to refine and add things in the next several months. Certainly customer requests help drive development. It's hard to please everyone, but we are listening.

Sorry for trying to sound placating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
I note that "Quick View" doesn't show what is included in the item. That is it doesn't show number of episodes or extras. Since a lot of shows have multiple releases with different features this information is important.

Also I typed "Kaleido Star" into search and got 1100 entries. The correct ones were multiple pages in. I later found that if I typed just "Kaleido" into search I got only 11 entries, 9 for Kaleido Star and two for Fate Kaleid liner. This is a bit counter intuitive.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
For those with login issues, login as normal. If it stays on the login page after loading, just click the RightStuf logo in the top left to take you back to the home screen. You should be logged in as normal and be able to browse your personal profile and settings.

A quick problem: I populated a new wish list and went to sort it A-Z by title. However, it most certainly does not alphabetize the list; seemingly just completely randomizing the items by no specific category whatsoever.

As some people said, please make searching for titles with the option of taking away Hyb/Sub/Live Action available!

Order history is still messed up, but it's showing signs of wheels turning in the process. However, trying to change the start date of when to track automatically reverts the calendar to the year 1800. Might wanna check up on that, too.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Also I typed "Kaleido Star" into search and got 1100 entries. The correct ones were multiple pages in. I later found that if I typed just "Kaleido" into search I got only 11 entries, 9 for Kaleido Star and two for Fate Kaleid liner. This is a bit counter intuitive.

At least you didn't try looking for something with "or" in the title... around 10,000 results!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
@Dessa
I can't complain too much. I disliked their old set up intensely and never could get the old search to work. In that case is was saved by simply going to a list view and scrolling until I found what I wanted. That is apparently not currently an option.

This is apparently growing pains arising from a necessary complete replacement. Fortunately they are not my primary source so I can wait until they fix it.
CostlyAxis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I was never much of a power user for the old RightStuf website so this change is mostly cosmetic to me. The inclusion of PayPal is something I see as a major win when compared to the laughably antiquated payment system that existed.

The password thing first caught me off guard, but then I figured that made sense given they should be encrypted and I'd be more concerned if passwords were being transferred.

Other than that, I'm not really having too much issue using the website. There are definitely things that need to ironed out, but overall it didn't prevent me from pre-ordering Tokyo Ghoul using PayPal yesterday. Smile
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I can't complain too much. I disliked their old set up intensely and never could get the old search to work. In that case is was saved by simply going to a list view and scrolling until I found what I wanted. That is apparently not currently an option.
I always used the advanced search, which handled the titles perfectly. The search on most of the site was completely useless to me.
CostlyAxis wrote:
The password thing first caught me off guard, but then I figured that made sense given they should be encrypted and I'd be more concerned if passwords were being transferred.
Passwords are always encrypted, but most companies can replace a system without requiring a reset these days(like when upgrading Windows). This just means they switched password storage systems, probably from a completely homebaked affair to a standard one.
imderekyup

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I would just like to know why you can no longer see if something was previously ordered on the product page, this is going to make it a pain if we have to constantly check previous orders to make sure an item isn't reordered by mistake
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
I had no clue what was going on today when my password wasn't working.

I am happy they now have paypal since it is a lot more convenient.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
I noticed there is no longer an indicator to let you know if an item as previously been ordered. That feature has saved me from accidentally preordering something twice on multiple occasions. That so far is the only major issue I have with the redesign.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
^that, it only has my last two orders listed anyway, so I guess those items are safe but...

Also, on my current order, I miss the list where it says what's been reserved for me order. It makes me feel better to know what's in and once it's all in, I can usually guess that it'll ship soon.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I note that "Quick View" doesn't show what is included in the item. That is it doesn't show number of episodes or extras. Since a lot of shows have multiple releases with different features this information is important.

This isn't working completely as we had designed. We're working on solutions. You can use the facets to cut things down substantially, but that's not what we want as a final.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17