• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
For those with login issues, login as normal. If it stays on the login page after loading, just click the RightStuf logo in the top left to take you back to the home screen. You should be logged in as normal and be able to browse your personal profile and settings.

I've seen a few people note this with Firefox. Will attempt Monday to replicate. Works ok with me in Chrome.

Have noted the rest. We are working on many issues, and have plans for a number of enhancements before fall as well. This was a pretty massive system upgrade, and unfortunately some features didn't make the initial cut.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Still no respoinse to Megiddo's question?

Megiddo wrote:
RightStufTanukiMinion wrote:
If you're struggling to find the Weekly Specials and Daily Deals page, struggle no longer because you won't find them. Instead, we have partnered with several companies to bring you new fantastic discounts on items in our Mega Deals, and we will return with new specials next Thursday.

Please elaborate more on this. The only "Mega Deal" that I see is a DVD version of Deen's Fate/Stay Night. Where are the rest of the weekly specials or mega deals or whatever? The weekly specials was basically something I checked every week on the dot, and if that has been replaced by a single "mega deal" then I'm completely unsatisfied as a customer with that change.

Is the Mega Deal "section" a work in progress or will there really only be one random choice a day?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Sohma_Curse wrote:
For those with login issues, login as normal. If it stays on the login page after loading, just click the RightStuf logo in the top left to take you back to the home screen. You should be logged in as normal and be able to browse your personal profile and settings.
I've seen a few people note this with Firefox. Will attempt Monday to replicate. Works ok with me in Chrome.

Yes, I was in Firefox latest build. Switched to IE (soon to be Edge, oh MS Rolling Eyes ) and did not have the issue. Do have an issue with lists in both browsers. I pulled up merchandise in FF and opened a few tabs and saved 2 items to "My list". On going into my Account and looking at Product Lists I find that I now have 2 "My list". It seems that neither of them can be deleted. I hesitate to add anything to those lists from a product page in fear of creating another non-deletable list. I made some new list categories in account for Anime, Manga, Merch, etc. moved the 2 items and began to repopulate my lists (not having fun with the search btw). When I go to add something from a product page to a list all of them show in reverse alphabetical order. Its a small detail but annoying. Also having to close the box after adding a product to a list is an unnecessary extra step. Its inefficient and should just say item added to list.

At this point I switched over to IE logged in without issue and now my lists are not showing up when I try to add them from a product page. If I go into my account they are there, but I can't add from a product page. Uh, looking at it doesn't seem like sorting by name in the lists works right either. Maybe its my PC that's weirding out? I'll try it on my laptop later and see if its the same.

Edit:
Being able to add products to lists is now working in FF (both Mac & PC) and Safari. However, login issue still remains in FF and happens in both Mac and PC. Also sorting by name still doesn't work and also still have 2 undeletable "My list"..
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
shawnek wrote:
Sohma_Curse wrote:

Yes, I was in Firefox latest build. Switched to IE (soon to be Edge, oh MS Rolling Eyes ) and did not have the issue. Do have an issue with lists in both browsers. I pulled up merchandise in FF and opened a few tabs and saved 2 items to "My list". On going into my Account and looking at Product Lists I find that I now have 2 "My list". It seems that neither of them can be deleted. I hesitate to add anything to those lists from a product page in fear of creating another non-deletable list. I made some new list categories in account for Anime, Manga, Merch, etc. moved the 2 items and began to repopulate my lists (not having fun with the search btw). When I go to add something from a product page to a list all of them show in reverse alphabetical order. Its a small detail but annoying. Also having to close the box after adding a product to a list is an unnecessary extra step. Its inefficient and should just say item added to list.

At this point I switched over to IE logged in without issue and now my lists are not showing up when I try to add them from a product page. If I go into my account they are there, but I can't add from a product page. Uh, looking at it doesn't seem like sorting by name in the lists works right either. Maybe its my PC that's weirding out? I'll try it on my laptop later and see if its the same.

Edit:
Being able to add products to lists is now working in FF (both Mac & PC) and Safari. However, login issue still remains in FF and happens in both Mac and PC. Also sorting by name still doesn't work and also still have 2 undeletable "My list"..

If you go to your lists, and click edit, you can delete the lists.

Not sure what's up with Firefox here. I have someone looking into this this morning.
anpansparking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Also, on my current order, I miss the list where it says what's been reserved for me order. It makes me feel better to know what's in and once it's all in, I can usually guess that it'll ship soon.

I agree with this. It was convenient, and the lack of this feature is one of only two things that I really dislike about the new site. The other is the problem with searches returning way too many results, but it looks like that's being worked on, so I'm not too bothered by it.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:

Not sure what's up with Firefox here. I have someone looking into this this morning.

Err, I don't think so. I can delete the ones that I made, but the ones that the site decided to make I can't. There is no edit to click next to them. And like I said originally it was only 1 list at first, but as I saved a second item from a product page it created a second "My list". This is why I said I stopped doing that and created personal lists from my account page which worked, but those 2 lists stayed. Maybe a picture will help.

wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:45 am Reply with quote
I also am NOT a fan of the new site, but will have to learn to adapt, I suppose...

One question I do have, Shawne, is how long do you estimate it will take to get all the customer data imported to the new system? I ask because when I try to sign in, and click "forgot password" as requested we do & enter my email address on the next screen to reset it, it tells me that that email address is not registered on the web store (and I have been a TRSI customer for at least a decade).

Granted, I do not have any current open orders & understand getting those people who do into the system first would be a priority, but I'd hate to have to make a new account should I want to order & have you guys have to merge them later.

Hope it's soon so I can see, for example, the order history and see if I like the change or like most everyone want the old order history listing back.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 am Reply with quote
Oh shit! My original TRSI 'Save for Later' list from the old site has been imported to the new one!

However, trying to edit the list's name brings me to the shopping cart (which is empty) when I click 'Save' and doesn't change the name at all.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
wmderemer wrote:
I also am NOT a fan of the new site, but will have to learn to adapt, I suppose...

One question I do have, Shawne, is how long do you estimate it will take to get all the customer data imported to the new system? I ask because when I try to sign in, and click "forgot password" as requested we do & enter my email address on the next screen to reset it, it tells me that that email address is not registered on the web store (and I have been a TRSI customer for at least a decade).

Granted, I do not have any current open orders & understand getting those people who do into the system first would be a priority, but I'd hate to have to make a new account should I want to order & have you guys have to merge them later.

Hope it's soon so I can see, for example, the order history and see if I like the change or like most everyone want the old order history listing back.

If you haven't ordered since 1/1 and didn't have an open order, go ahead and create a new account. I'm going to get history in, but honestly, my priority at the moment is trying to work out kinks and such. We will get to it, but it could be a bit yet. Importing what we did took much longer than I expected, and that was only 6 months worth, so we may do chunks at a time. Merging isn't a big deal, so don't worry about that. Smile
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
shawnek wrote:

Err, I don't think so. I can delete the ones that I made, but the ones that the site decided to make I can't. There is no edit to click next to them. And like I said originally it was only 1 list at first, but as I saved a second item from a product page it created a second "My list". This is why I said I stopped doing that and created personal lists from my account page which worked, but those 2 lists stayed. Maybe a picture will help.

Send me an email with your info and I'll try to see if I can go into the backend and have a look at this.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
anpansparking wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Also, on my current order, I miss the list where it says what's been reserved for me order. It makes me feel better to know what's in and once it's all in, I can usually guess that it'll ship soon.

I agree with this. It was convenient, and the lack of this feature is one of only two things that I really dislike about the new site. The other is the problem with searches returning way too many results, but it looks like that's being worked on, so I'm not too bothered by it.

Made one change in searching last night, which helped but still hasn't gotten there yet. Trying to be broad I think is not working as I had liked. This is a priority. It's better today, but still needs refinement.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Login issue still exists on Chrome (for me, at least). Would ad/ghost blockers interfere with login at all? Never had this problem on the old site (or any other site, for that matter).

Also, the newly imported lists are glitching out when I try to move items between them. This, I assume, is just a bug to be worked out of a very recently implemented feature.

And I liked how the lists used to show if the item was in stock/pre-order/backordered/more arriving soon/etc. Made it easier for me to separate my orders by release dates.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not one for change, but I understand the need, so I'll power through it. Over all though, I don't mind the new site and it looks like it will be better in the long run when it comes to the ease of navigation.

Thank you for bringing back the saved for later items, I was glad to see them rescued from the ether. I also like the new wish lists and the filter options on searches. Being able to see the Got Anime price on existing orders and before purchasing is very convenient and a great change.

Now, if I may, a few things I'd like to see brought back or request to be added in / changed:
-The submit case message box is way too small. It should be at least as large as the reply box on existing cases is.
-I too would like to echo my desire to see a return of the details on order status that others have mentioned. It would also be nice to be able to quickly view all open/pending orders at once instead of having to go through the calendar. Likewise with closed orders. Frankly the old archive system worked great for me.
-I don't know how often it was used, but I did like having the option of the Advanced Search when I was looking for something specific and hope that will return.
-I always enjoyed looking at the new sale landing page with recommendations/highlights and hope that will return
-It would be nice if we could customize the product page views. Personally I would like to have the product description and details on the same page instead of in two separate tabs.

I already contacted customer service about some orders that have some issues (missing Got Anime, missing order, missing items) which I'm sure they will be able to take care of no problem, but is there a specific place we should submit bugs/issues to? I've noticed some odd things happening while browsing the site and just the normal bugs/bad links or interactions as well while browsing that you would expect on a new site. Not sure if you'd like them posting on a forum like this or if there's a bug submission form for the new site.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't have any problems with the new design. I'm especially happy that you now accept Paypal!
LuScr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
Browsing the site needs major improvements.

If I'm following the link on the main page to browse through, say, videos--not looking for anything in particular--I don't appreciate having to click through page after page of content (237 pages on default, 119 pages with the largest clickdown option, 57 pages if I monkey with the URL to change results per page to 100) with no way to jump further than page 9 without typing it manually into the URL.

And I'm amazed that with all the filters you thought up, you left out the first letter of the title--your main method of organization past media type on the old site.

Your quarterly print catalog is intentionally brief, with the full selection of products left to the site. As it stands right now, said full selection is much more difficult to access than it was before.

That is not good customer service, and should be rectified as soon as possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 17