• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Whelp, I'm done. First I visit the site in Palemoon, only to be greeted by a blank page until I adjusted the user agent to match Firefox's(despite them both being the same rendering engine under the hood). Then, when I go to find out which card I used to pay for an order, it turns out the only thing listed under "Payment information" is "Invoice: Terms Due on receipt" - only there's never been any talk of the payment information on the packing slip, the Download as PDF button isn't any better and the Receipts page is completely empty, no matter what date range I set.

I'm not sure on this one. Are these historical orders or open ones? If you cant send me some details, I am happy to look into this for you. We are working on many issues, and your feedback so I can look into these helps us fix things.

Quote:

After this transition, I didn't even touch the Viz sale and haven't really thought about the Sentai sale because, frankly, the couple of times I toyed with this new website have been nothing but an excercise in frustration. Now I go to get a bit of basic information and it's gotten no better at all - it's just as broke when you crapped it out on the world. The one reason I'm not cancelling my open order is due to Aniplex+ being made to order - but beyond that? I'm done.

I'm happy to help you if I can. Please email versus PM. We've made progress on a number of issues but know there are more out there still.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Another issue I have discovered is that once you make a custom product list you can't delete or remove anything from it. This is a bit inconvenient and is just going to make them cluttered. (using Firefox)
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I was a bit disappointed that links I had archived to items on the old site do not redirect to the corresponding items on the new site. You have to go and search for the item from scratch.

It's not always easy to support backward-compatibility, but it certainly helps a lot in the usability dimension.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Another issue I have discovered is that once you make a custom product list you can't delete or remove anything from it. This is a bit inconvenient and is just going to make them cluttered. (using Firefox)

I'm on FF too I'm not sure if you've tried this, but...its not very intuitive but after putting a check next to the item you want to delete you then go to Add Items to Cart and its a drop down menu which you then select Remove Items. If you've already tried that then maybe its your version of FF perhaps? I'm on 39 and didn't have that problem on 38 either.

The not being able to login directly with Firefox is still an issue. I still have to go back to front page to access account after the login page.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

I'm on FF too I'm not sure if you've tried this, but...its not very intuitive but after putting a check next to the item you want to delete you then go to Add Items to Cart and its a drop down menu which you then select Remove Items. If you've already tried that then maybe its your version of FF perhaps? I'm on 39 and didn't have that problem on 38 either.

The not being able to login directly with Firefox is still an issue. I still have to go back to front page to access account after the login page.

It adds them to the cart but they're not removed from the list. Using Firefox version 40.0.

EDIT: Tried it today and it's been fixed. The login also successfully redirects you afterward as well.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

EDIT: Tried it today and it's been fixed. The login also successfully redirects you afterward as well.

Nope. Still an issue for me. Works in IE, but in IE the order history doesn't work at all.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
I'm not sure on this one. Are these historical orders or open ones? If you can't send me some details, I am happy to look into this for you. We are working on many issues, and your feedback so I can look into these helps us fix things.
Orders placed on the old site.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
shawnek wrote:
I'm not sure on this one. Are these historical orders or open ones? If you can't send me some details, I am happy to look into this for you. We are working on many issues, and your feedback so I can look into these helps us fix things.
Orders placed on the old site.

Please email me the details, and I'll check what I can for you.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I was a bit disappointed that links I had archived to items on the old site do not redirect to the corresponding items on the new site. You have to go and search for the item from scratch.

It's not always easy to support backward-compatibility, but it certainly helps a lot in the usability dimension.

If the links are rightstuf.com/i/(item#) they will work.

If it's an old session Id or something, it's not going to work. Often people would copy and paste the URL and use that as a link, and those since they had embedded sessions won't work.

If you have an example, I am happy to review with you. We made every effort to catch all possible links and redirect.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

You should be able to edit, add to, and delete items from a list. I just tried it and it worked for me. You can have as many lists as you want.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Rolled out a new search update today, which should clean up a lot of the bad results. Any input, please let me know.

New items page is back (Preview)
http://www.rightstufanime.com/new-items
You can also access this from the footer of the main page.

Added a filter so you can chop out LiveAction titles now or forever.

Continuing to work on more, will post as we roll out.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I just got two "we're working on it!" emails for things that have already completed shipment to me... at least a few weeks ago at that.
woozle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I just got two "we're working on it!" emails for things that have already completed shipment to me... at least a few weeks ago at that.

I just received one of those as well.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
woozle wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

I just received one of those as well.

This was an error as we were looking at data imports. Just ignore. Sorry these were sent. Embarassed
lem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
^have also been receiving "we're working on it" notifications for items already shipped/already received.

shawnek wrote:

New items page is back (Preview)
http://www.rightstufanime.com/new-items

...Continuing to work on more, will post as we roll out.

Will you also be returning the "you purchased this on this date.." feature??

Also: will the option to pay to have items shipped as they become available be a part of this upgrade?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 17